Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi- here for support

:welldone: i am new to the site. i had my surgery 8/7/06 at 247lbs. dr. kastranakis, salem ma. i have lost 50lbs to date. i am at a stall now. i amm eatin high calorie junk food instead of real food, i am turning over a new leaf today and am getting back on track. i have to put some effort into this or it was all for nothing. i am a major food addict-eat for comfort, in pain, in sadness-obsessed with food. the operation didn't cure my obsession, but did curve my ability to eat the ugly, massive amounts of food i used to. sorry for the ramble. this banding is the best thing i have ever done- i realize it is not a cure all and i have to put effort in- make lifestyle changes. my only complaint is no energy to exersize, but i had none before either. does anyone have suggestions for boosting my energy. like i said i am going to follow the proper diet now, just need to put the exersize in. good luck to all that are getting the band or have already got it.:cool: nikki

Niki1970 there is nothing like getting back on track. I am doing the same thing so we are in this together. GOOOOOO NIKKI!!!!

Nikki, glad you are getting back on track. YOu've done a great job dumping 50 lbs so far. I'm only down 34 since June. I'm a slow loser. Anyway, congrats on paying attention as to what needs to take place!

You can do it! :) Here's a big hug for you. I think you are amazing for how far you've come so far!

I have only been banded for 5 days, and am on liquids still. It's hard to realize that I won't be able to have the types and amounts of food I used to eat. I look at you as an inspiration!

Good job so far, and keep on going! I'm no expert yet, but what the others said about time for a fill makes sense...

Cricket

Nikki -

Hugs! Junk food is the devil...

Have you been tested for Thyroid issues? Getting the Thyroid levels under control is supposed to help with energy levels.

Also - Vitamin B supplements are great for that, too. Just don't take them before bed.

And keep in mind that you don't have to do any particular regimen of exercise. Just parking further from the building at work, or walking up a flight of stairs once a day can get you started.

Start small and work your way up to taking a walk around the block once a day. Eventually, I think you will find that you have a little more energy.

Plus - eating all that garbage is not really beneficial in the energy department. Maybe now that you are eating better, your energy will increase. A few veggies and some good lean Protein will help.

Hugs!!

Nikki, Protein, PROTEIN, PROTEIN! This will definately boost your energy level. 50 lbs is alot of weight and you are doing great. Just rethink your food choices. It's all about protein first, veggies second, fruit and then carbs if there is even any room. Hang in there. We''re here for you.