Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery in two weeks. getting nervous and having second thoughts.

Hey everyone. Im having surgery in about two weeks.Im starting to have second thoughts about doing it. I really want to lose the weight more then anything but I'm scared of after. Questions keep rising the my head. Well I adjust to how I will have to eat? I am already the pickest eater on this earth. I don't eat fruits or veggie so what else will that leave me? Im so scared that I'm making a mistake. I want to lose the weight but I don't want to be miserable the rest of my life. I have also heard of people getting very sick after surgery and I have a family that I need to be here for so that's another concern. If anyone wants to help me the this great I would greatly appreciate it

Hey everyone. Im having surgery in about two weeks.Im starting to have second thoughts about doing it.

I'd guess that everyone that has been sleeved had second thoughts at one time or another.

I really want to lose the weight more then anything but I'm scared of after. Questions keep rising the my head. Well I adjust to how I will have to eat?

Sure you will.

I am already the pickest eater on this earth. I don't eat fruits or veggie so what else will that leave me?

Protein is the first thing on the plate you have to consume. When that's done, if you have any room it's veggie time. Veggies are your friend, there has to be something out there for you. If there's any room after the veggies, then you can worry about the carbs or fruit.< /p>

Im so scared that I'm making a mistake. I want to lose the weight but I don't want to be miserable the rest of my life.

We were all scared we were making a mistake. I'm only able to eat less than half of what my 20 year old daughter can eat, i'm not miserable. I used to eat a double bacon cheeseburger with an order of onion rings. now i can only eat a quarter of a single bacon cheeseburger and one onion ring leaving me a minimum of 3 more leftovers. i don't consider that miserable.

I have also heard of people getting very sick after surgery and I have a family that I need to be here for so that's another concern. If anyone wants to help me the this great I would greatly appreciate it

Not gonna sugar coat it for you, people have gotten sick after surgery. People have also been amazed at how good they feel a day after surgery. No way to predict. But most of us have family that needs us and we managed.

It is hard, I was so sick after surgery, and even had to have my gallbladder removed a month after sleeve surgery. After that I ended up dehydrated and weak, I was depressed and thought I made the worst decision of my life. .with that being said I am now almost 7months out and Feel Better than I ever have am almost 90lbs down, only 10 away from where my doctor want me to be. So All said, Best thing I ever did for my self.....Best of Luck.. and I have 3 small kids also.

I had second thoughts up until I went under anesthesia. But I really needed to get healthy & knew this was the best option for me. Everyone is different & I guess I'm lucky that I'm approaching 9 mons post op & haven't had any complications. I think I was nauseous a total of 3 times after being discharged. A little pain first couple of days. Week 2 my entire body ached & i was extra emotional, But after that it's been smooth sailing for me.

You can do it if you really want to. Good Luck!!!!

Everyone how was the pain after surgery?I was told I would have a drain left in until I leave the hospital is that painful to come out? How was just liquid for tge first couple weeks

I had no drain, so don't know what thats like. But my pain was tolerable, nothing excruciating.

hi all I think we all have second thoughs that why most Insurance make us go six months. I get mine done in three weeks on the 19.We might be down for a week or two but the up side is we will live longer. If you are sure put it off a month an see how you feel good luck.

For me the benefit of surgery had to outweigh the risk. It is a complete lifestyle change. Be willing to embrace it!