Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stuck at same weight for 6 days on Pre-Op. Ugh.

I kinda suspect I will be a slow loser anyway, but this seems a bit ridiculous. I decided to do 14-days liquid pre-op. Between 800-1000 liquid calories, 70% from Protein, 15% from carbs, 15% from fat. All I eat/drink is 3 Protein shakes and 3-4 bowls of non-starchy vegetable Soup. Lots of crystal light and so many glasses of Water that my back teeth are swimming.

I haven't lost a single pound in 6 days.

How is that possible?

I lost 2 lbs before I started by replacing one meal a day with a shake, and then lost 6 lbs the first week. So don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful since I cannot tell you when I last lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks (try never), but I have to admit it surprises me that I'm not losing more. I'm at a 36 BMI now, and have at least 75 lbs to lose.

Did others experience this? I'm also wondering if there's a relationship between pre-op weight loss rate and post-op rate. If you are a slow loser pre-op, is it usually correlated with slower post-op weight?

And now I'm wondering if I'm over-thinking this whole thing :) But I would love to hear of other's experiences in this regard so I can have some idea what to expect.

My opinion, as a pre-op, is yes you are over-thinking. Although I understand your thought process. I know I have forever tried to figure out the magic formula to lose weight but it doesn't work. Your body is a process and we are just stuck making the best choices we can.

My opinion, as a pre-op, is yes you are over-thinking. Although I understand your thought process. I know I have forever tried to figure out the magic formula to lose weight but it doesn't work. Your body is a process and we are just stuck making the best choices we can.

I love your comment. Maybe that's how I need to think of this, because if I knew the magic formula, I wouldn't be having surgery would I?

And we would be rich cause we could tell others what will work for them cause it worked for us. Do you have a date yet? Mine is for the 16 of Sept so I am a ways out

And we would be rich cause we could tell others what will work for them cause it worked for us. Do you have a date yet? Mine is for the 16 of Sept so I am a ways out

August 2nd! I'm so excited. My husband and I are getting sleeved the same day by Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras. This whole liquid pre-op phase is a fantastic prep for what we will face after. I know i will likely lose slow, and i need to be okay with that. When I see others complaining about slow weight loss, I think geez, I would love to lose that fast! And then here I am, whining pre-op within 2 weeks :-D.

Okay still stuck with no loss and I'm starting to wonder if I am a freak who can't lose weight at 800 calorie, high Protein, low fat low carb diet.

Please tell me someone went through this and still lost weight post op? Anyone? Please?

I'm on day 13. I started at 204.8, and this morning I was 193.2, so I've lost a little over 11 pounds. My lowest calorie day was yesterday because I went from full liquids to clear. I drank 320 calories / 70 Gm, Protein. When I was on full liquids my highest day was 755 calories / 70 Gm. protein. We're still pretty much neck to neck with the amount of weight we want to lose and we're only 1 day apart. Looking forward to seeing you in Mexico.

I'm on day 13. I started at 204.8' date=' and this morning I was 193.2, so I've lost a little over 11 pounds. My lowest calorie day was yesterday because I went from full liquids to clear. I drank 320 calories / 70 Gm, Protein. When I was on full liquids my highest day was 755 calories / 70 Gm. Protein. We're still pretty much neck to neck with the amount of weight we want to lose and we're only 1 day apart. Looking forward to seeing you in Mexico.[/quote']

I would have loved to have lost 11 lbs on pre-op. I didn't though. I lost 2 before pre-op and 6 during the first week of pre-op and that's what worries me.

Also curious are the Clear Liquids part of our pre-op instructions? Coz I don't remember reading about that?

I talked to my coordinator to express my concern that if I couldn't lose weight on a liquid pre-op, would I lose it post-op? She assured me that everyone worries about it, but to have faith and realize that different things happen post-op and to stop worrying.

So now I will try to do that! :)

Btw surrounded by 8 people eating great food while I drink my Protein shake. Yay me.

Gamergirl.... I sent you a PM with my phone number, call me