Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 day pouch test review

I started the 5 day pouch test friday due to bad eating habits and hopefully to break my stall I'm 4.5 months out preop 254 day of sugery 230 as of last thursday 182 I'm apple shape and 5ft1 want to get down to 145 maybe lower but I have alot of belly fat so sugery will hopefully get me down to 130. Ok here goes an account of what I ate for the first two days I drank 3 EAS shakes a day and had both days Tucsan basil Tomato Soup from Safeway signature cafe about a cup of day I had one cup of coffe each day with 2 splendia an 2 tbsp of fat free half and half and drank 72oz of either propel, or crystal light Water, did not workout either day. First day had 4 bm last one loose and was peeing every half hour second day no bm and pees probably every hour. Will not weigh myself till day 5 is over if I've lost any weight the first two days most likely water weight will post day three later on tonight since im still working on it.

Finished day three I ate a four ounce can of salmon I use a little bit of lemon juice, egg beaters, onion minced garlic and Italian breadcrumbs also have one hard boiled egg and a three ounce tilapia baked and one and a half ounce of chicken salad with fat free mayo. I drank 2 cups of Decaf tea with 2 tablespoons of fat free milk and two packets of Splenda and drank about 72 ounces of Crystal Light and propel Water. I went to the bathroom about every hour and had one BM. I can really feel my restriction especially eating that hard boiled egg didn't think I could finish it also I did not work out today

Hey there!

What exactly is a pouch test? And why are you doing it? Is it just a way to get back to basics?

Thanks for the info in advance!

Sheena :-)

I'm doing it to get back to basic and to break my stall you can go to www.5daypouchtest.com

day 4 of the pouch test review today went pretty good I made that Salisbury steak recipe from the pouch test website oh my god it was so good I ate about three and a half of those patties through out the day I'm eating things on this test that I never would have eaten for example ground beef and I would not have eaten ground beef secondly eggs 45 grams of fat in one hard boiled eggs also bread crumbs with all that said I'm wondering how I'm gonna lose weight if I'm losing any at all it makes me wonder if I could have been eating all that all along and still losing weight if I have lost weight I'm going to have to reevaluate my whole eating habit. okay today I drink 72 ounces of propel Water and Crystal Light. no bowel movement no exercise and I guess I went to the bathroom every hour and a half. can't wait to weigh myself Wednesday morning to see if I lost any weight my cravings for carbs is almost gone.

Can't wait to see how the 5 day pouch test works for you. I think I might have to give it a try too..I am nine months out and have been snacking on carbs here and there lately..:-(. Good luck to you!!

I jumped on the scale even though I wanted to wait till wednesday morning well I lost 5 pounds still have today to finished just got through cooking my steak on a grill no BBQ Sauce and it turned out perfect my son and daughter loved it. I'm hoping when I jump on the scale tomorrow I'm at least down to 175 I do plan on exercising today and eating more steak and of course drinking all my Water today well I will update you guys tomorrow since there's nothing else for me to report today cause I'm eating steak all day today and nothing else

Yesterday was the last day of the 5 day pouch test I never once cheated ate and drank the required foods and Water and only exercised one day and that was yesterday and I went from 182 to 175 the first day was good second day wasnt looking forward to it but 3 thru 5 day especially 4th and 5th eating the Salisbury steak and steak on my grill was the best. What have I learned well snacking on chips, rice cakes, Cookies, and Protein Bars slows your weight loss and in some cases put you in a stall, I'm now going to go back to eating my cottage cheese, egg beaters, meats and maybe every once in a while my Protein Shakes and stay away from snacking on sugar and carbs I wont be weighing myself till the 12th so wish me luck I can be under a 170 pounds.

Awesome... I'M GOING TO TRY IT NEXT WEEK! :)

Thank you for all the information and reviews. I am on day one. The main reason I am doing it is to try to get back some restriction and break my carb addiction. Did your restriction improve? How are you doing now?