Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the Heck!!!

Okay people who have been through this...I need advise!

I was banded Nov. 8th. Had some restriction with the band at first. Now thinking back I think it was more from the swelling of surgery. Had my first fill Dec. 20th 1cc. Didn't think it was helping much still hungry often and able to eat pretty much like I did before band. Went back in for a fill this past Thursday, Jan 4th. I got another .5cc totalling 1.5cc. I still feel like I have little to no restriction. Should I wait a while before going back in for another fill or just get in there? Just so you know what little to no restriction is...I can eat a whole plate of food and just barely start to feel the satisfied feeling. I also have absolutely no problem with meats, breads, raw veggies...etc.

Please! Advise needed!!!

Thanks everyone!

Whyat size band do you have?

It took me 2.5 in my 4 before I felt restriction, and even then I didn't feel much. I'm going today for another fill.

Michelle, I've also heard people saying that it took their fills one to two weeks to "kick" in. One day you're eating like you use to, the next day you're having trouble getting anything to go down. Just don't over eat and stretch your pouch, "listen" to what your body is telling you. Be sure to eat your Protein first. It takes longer to digest and should stay with you longer.

Hi Michelle

I have the 'Big' band - so it took a while before I had any restriction - a loooooong while.

Sadly - sometimes not even that 2nd fill does the trick.

So - wait for at least two-three weeks just be sure that it doesn't "kick in" later and then go on back.

Hugs!!

Yep, you need a fill. No worries this is a common thing. When you reach restriction you will know it, without doubts and without hesitation. Thats when you know why there are band eating rules becuse without following the chewing, little bites and such you wont make it thru a meal. I had 3 fills close together within a 5 week period with floro before I got it and I love it!! I went aggessive so that may not be your wish. I continued to diet even without restriction, But when you reach restriction you will know. And your amount for fills will only be right for you everyone has to find the right amount for there comfort. I have to smallest band 4cc and I'm filled to 3.4 and very comfortable. I eat about a cup and a half of food twice a day and fluids only before noon. Hope this helps. Keep on please dont get discouraged, you can find your way.

best wishes. Vickie

Banded May 13th 06 265/190/140

just got off the phone with the dr. They said that it usually takes about 4-5 days to feel the full effects of a fill. So I have my 3rd fill scheduled for next week. They'll probably give me .5cc fill that will bring me up to 2cc. I don't know how much my band holds, but the receptionist said that I have a #10 band.

wish me luck!

I got my lapband on 11/13/06. Lost 15 lbs in the first three weeks, nothing the next 5 weeks until my first fill which I got this past Saturday 1/6/07. I have a 4CC band and got a 1.5 CC fill. I could feel the difference immediately. I can only hold about two spoonfulls of food and if I go over that I have tremendous pain and have to throw up to relieve the pain. After going through that a couple of times I've learned my lesson. I'm scared to eat more than the two spoonfulls. The pain is not pleasant! I never had any pain like this before my fill. I'm losing weight again because I hardly eat! I work on my protien drinks first then try to eat a couple of bites of soft food. It's actually great to have the restriction. Prior to my fill I ate way too much and went 5 weeks without any weight loss.

My doctor told me as I lose weight and my stomach gets smaller the restriction will be less and I will need another fill.

Lea