Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shampoo for hair loss

What's the best Shampoo for losing hair? ? Ive heard Garnier Fall Fight is good.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I tried Fight Fall, Nioxin, Biotin & everything else anyone suggested. None worked for me. I was getting in all my Protein & Vitamins. Nothing helped. But as far as shampoos that I did notice a tiny difference, not a lot as I was losing hair pretty rapidly, was Clear hair scalp therapy. Clear hair therapy helped some.

post-31248-13813668213663_thumb.jpg

I am on day 3 post-op... I have been told that F.A.S.T Shampoo and conditioner work well along with Garlic shampoo and cond. I have yet to buy though.

Fish Oil, take 2,000 mg of Fish oil per day. GNC carries an orange-flavored gel Fish Oil called Coromega which is better than trying to swallow huge fish oil capsules.

Also I use Revita Shampoo and conditioner. It stops shedding and encourages hair hrowth. Avail on Amazon.< /p>

What's the best Shampoo for losing hair?? Ive heard Garnier Fall Fight is good.

I saw that at the store last night. I almost bought it. Anyone finding that it works?

Nothing helps, although manufacturers are eager to sell their products and tout them as effective. Shampoos can't help because the problem is in the body. It is the body's reaction to the severe changes brought about by the surgery. Fortunately, it is a relatively short term effect.

My hair stuff just started (I am nearing 6 months out)...I had been using (prior to the hair loss) Biotin/Collagen Shampoo & conditioner Organix (purple bottle at Walmart). Once it started, I just bought the Garnier Fall fight, but haven't used it yet. I also read a post recently about a Loreal shampoo...the poster said JLo was in the commercial for it, but I haven't really looked to see which one it was...good luck to all of us with this. I am more freaked out & regretting this surgery more than I ever have (and that is saying a lot)...my hair is all I have in the looks department...and if it goes...I don't care how much weight I have lost...I will not be happy at all with myself. I take Biotin, prenatal, and all the surgery vitamins...anybody have any other suggestions on what to do for the hair??

Hey guys! I am a little over 3 months out and Ive noticed a lot of hair loss... I have pretty thick hair as it is, but its still a concern for me. I have been using Nioxin Shampoo, conditioner, root spray and styling cream. I notice that my hair is a lot fuller when I use the products, but I was hoping it would help with the Hair loss. I was looking online and found Organix Biotin and collagen shampoo and was wondering if anyone has used it and how they like it. Nioxin is really expensive, and if I could get the same results with the Organix Id rather go that way. I did try the Garnier Fall Fight but I hate the way it smells and it makes my head itch!!

ive been told if its going to fall out its going to fall out. with that said i am still doing things to get it to stop or slow down or regrow hair.

i use nioxin, take Biotin, and i also just started taking phytophaner (sp?). i do see a lot of new regrowth. i am 8 months post op, it started to fall out around 3 months and has not let up yet....

My dr said Shampoo will not help that u must get enough calories and Vitamins but im still using Fall Out, i figured it cant hurt! ????

My hair stylist recommends not washing your hair daily and using a dry Shampoo on days you skip washing if your hair is really greasy. Also do a vinegar rinse once a week. Don't prevent it. But does keep the hair you have healthy and your scalp with a good ph to encourage new growth.