Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated with weight loss

Ok, I am a little frustrated on my part. I has Lap Band Surgery June of 05. My starting weight was 347 lbs. In the first few months I was losing on a regular rate 1-2 lbs a week. Since around March of 06 until now I have stopped losing.... I am stuck at 264 lbs. I am happy that I have not gained any. However, I am getting frustrated with not losing more. I have only had 3 fills. As it is now I can not hardly keep things down except sweets. So I am a little hesitant in getting more fills. Any suggestions or ideas?

I would say that the sweets are what is holding you back.... I'm not banded yet so maybe a vetran will post some advice.. be glad that you haven't gained.. and good luck

I'd almost say get a slight unfill and see if that works for you. Other than that I'm not a lot of help, I've been stuck since Oct 1st for no reason whatsoever. I do know that when I was too tight I couldn't eat anything but carbs (mashed potatoes) so I went and got a small.. like .2cc unfill and things started looking up.

I have been eating 1500 calories 95% of the time, as tracked by Fitday, since June....I've gained .1 # !!

Frustrating, yes. Discouraging, no. Some mornings it is difficult to get Protein shake down. Still, I am continuing to learn better eating habits and no longer feel like I'm missing out on any exotic food voyage.

Sweets for me are rare since I was on insulin for 15 years and basically lost the habit/taste for such things.

Recently I've had the deli cut my roast beef into thicker slices (now 1.5 oz per slice) and that seems to be increasing the 'feeling satiated' time frame...

Happy New Year!

As with any "diet" it is important to vary the caloric intake to fool the body out of a plateau. Go lower than your average one day, then go higher, then lower again.Drink lots of purified Water or reverse osmosis better. Eating certain foods will help improve metabolism, cayenne pepper, cilantro...yummy! and adding more Fiber with meals. You can look up foods that increase metabolism. Also cut down on the carbs for a while...cut in half whatever you are eating in carbs. I have been doing this since I do not have a fill yet and it has been working...slowly but surely....I am at 200 now and almost in Onederland! Good luck to All of you!

As it is now I can not hardly keep things down except sweets. So I am a little hesitant in getting more fills. Any suggestions or ideas?

You've probably identified your problem right there. :( Even IF sweets are the only thing you can keep down, you shouldn't be eating them. You don't get to eat what's "easy" and lose weight. You have to eat your Protein and veggies. If you can't do that, then you either need to change your eating habits (eat smaller bites, chew more, etc), or get a slight unfill.

It's calories in/calories out. Plain and simple. But if you're eating sweets, softs foods, or lots of carbs, it's easy to get way more calories than you think you do. So try going back to Protein and veggies first, very few carbs, lots of Water, and no snacks/sweets/junk food, and increase your exercise. The scales *will* drop.

Cindy

If you can't keep down a relatively normal diet, you are too tight. Go get an UNfill, and I bet things start moving again. It doesn't even have to be much of an unfill, just a little bit can make a big difference.

Feel better.

Lioness, you remind me of the woman at one of my wife's support group meetings. She couldn't understand why she wasn't losing. No, she hadn't had any fills, but from what she had heard, if she got a fill and had restriction, how was she going to be able to eat her cheeseburgers.....*sigh*