Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice for work (food/water)

So, tonight will be my first time back to work. I'm a little nervous about how I will get in all my Protein and Water. I'm 6 weeks out and can tolerate just about any foods.

Any of you work nights? How do you handle the flip-flopping?

I would love to hear from those of you who work long shifts (12-16 hrs). :)

I know I'm not supposed to have water with me at work, but I plan on it anyway. (They can kiss my slightly smaller but firmer @$$.) LOL

Do y'all think it would be ok to replace a 2nd meal with a Protein Shake just on the days I work??

It seems better than not getting enough Protein.

Right???

I'd do a shake, also small things like cheese sticks, babybel cheeses, deli turkey or ham rolled up, yogurt..

Do you have access to a fridge?

I'd do a shake, also small things like cheese sticks, babybel cheeses, deli turkey or ham rolled up, yogurt..

Do you have access to a fridge?

I guess the problem isn't what I COULD pack, but more what I SHOULD pack. I do have access to a fridge, microwave, and toaster. But the problem is I may only have one chance to eat during the night.(it's pretty unpredictable). I just want to be prepared for that.

So I guess the real question is... If I only get one chance to eat in a period of 14 hours, what should it be??

Replying because I am HOPEFULLY going to be working my 1st job as an RT soon, need ideas. Thanks for starting this thread!

Replying because I am HOPEFULLY going to be working my 1st job as an RT soon, need ideas. Thanks for starting this thread!

AWESOME!!

I'm hoping we get some good advice-- it's not every job that you can't eat whenever you want. My friend told me, "Just eat at your desk." Haha.. It's cute that she thinks I get time to sit.

Tonight won't be so bad bc I'm working as House Supervisor- so who's going to fuss me for drinking at work? Me? Lol But when I go work as a staff nurse, I know I'll have a little trouble with the eating plan.

The Nurse at my Drs office who had surgery (she also helps with the surgeries), said she keeps Water near her (mini bottles if need be - the 8 oz ones) and a Protein shake. She is years out but she said she would rather get her Protein than try to worry about a "balanced" meal.

Hope this helps, I work at a desk (though some times I don't get to sit here much). So I'm not able to give too much advice about this.

The Nurse at my Drs office who had surgery (she also helps with the surgeries), said she keeps Water near her (mini bottles if need be - the 8 oz ones) and a Protein shake. She is years out but she said she would rather get her Protein than try to worry about a "balanced" meal.

Hope this helps, I work at a desk (though some times I don't get to sit here much). So I'm not able to give too much advice about this.

That's kinda how I feel too-- I'd rather get the protein in than have actual food. Thanks!

I haven't had surgery yet.. But some co workers of mine have. We all work in a lab where no food is allowed.. The others tend to keep a Protein Shake and the little bottles of Water too. And for the one drink we are allowed to have and sip on all night is a mixture of Isopure and crystal light. That way you are getting your Protein in and saving your one meal for food.. Just a thought

I also go back to work next week and I work 12 hr shifts where sometimes u don't have a chance to sit down and eat. I would love to get ideas of things to pack for 12 hours, where I can also have my Protein. Has anyone tried to have any type of lettuce wrap with tuna salad during your soft phase

I also go back to work next week and I work 12 hr shifts where sometimes u don't have a chance to sit down and eat. I would love to get ideas of things to pack for 12 hours, where I can also have my Protein. Has anyone tried to have any type of lettuce wrap with tuna salad during your soft phase

My Dr won't let me have lettuce or any raw veggies until I'm at least 3-6 months out. You may need to check and see if you are cleared for lettuce. The tuna though may be fine.

Hey y'all! Just wanted to say that I had a fantastic night at work. It was slower than usual, so I was able to eat lunch (2oz canned tuna w/ a Laughing Cow wedge) and a snack (cottage cheese). And I did choose to have 2 Protein Shakes yesterday. So, everything worked out well. Just hope I can keep it up! Thanks for all your help!!!