Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drinking more than 4oz per hour of water less than a week after postop?

Hi guys. I made a post complaining I dont get enough Water, but its weird. Now I can drink more water, kind of. Ive been fond of these Sobe Lifewaters. More flavor. Ive heard of people getting sick of water shortly after postop, so maybe its that. I dont know.

Im not necessarily drinking and measuring at the moment, Im sipping while on the internet and watching TV. I just noticed Im not drinking that slowly. Same for eating, its taking me 10-15min for a meal, which is about three times as longer than it would be, for about what feels like a third of what I would eat :P

Am I in trouble doing this? :/ 4 hours an hour seems hard with water, but when its calorie-less and flavorful, its a bit easier to drink. Should I be concerned of my new staples?

You're not in trouble at all with the rate you're drinking! There's something about plain Water that is harder for most VSG folks to drink- molecules and surface tension, yada yada. But when you add flavoring, it helps break down that tension and makes it easier to drink- I believe lauraven has a post explaining it so you may want to search her posts to find out more. I was able to get 64 oz of flavored water down per day even right after surgery and I'm still steaming along. You won't necessarily feel the restriction that you hear so many people talking about on here with fluids only- only when you start eating other foods you will realize "yep, the restriction is there all right"! Eating takes me about 20 min or more and right now, three weeks out, I'm eating less than an ounce of pureed denser Protein at a time with an espresso spoon and yogurt, pudding etc I can eat 1/3 cup. Take your time and listen to your body and it will tell you when you're full, or how much Fluid is too much. Good luck!

Thank yall for this! I still love the taste of Water but it is a lil bit getting it down comfortably. I'm on 6 days post op. Can I ask a question? Did yall have crazy emotions/hormones recovering from the surgery?