Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr.madan Or Dr.woodman Memphis Tn

I AM Considering getting banded. I am curious to know what experience anyone had with eitheir dr.? I was given links to their pages. I am just also wanting ro get personal opinions whether positive or negative. thanks:help:

I heard both stay booked up. I'm going to Dr. Weaver.

Hey.....

Dr. Woodman did my surgery, and he is an excellent Dr. I do not know Dr Madan, but I do know that Dr. Woodman refers any high-risk patients to Dr. Madan. In my opinion, you would be in good hands with either.

Good luck to you.

Update!

I'm going to Dr. Madan on Friday.

Wonderful!!! I am so happy for you. Dr. Madan is a very skilled surgeon. One of my acquaintances with many health issues that would have impacted her wls was referred to Dr. Madan by Dr. Woodman's office. I am not familiar with his post-op care, but I am sure that he and his staff will provide any support that you need during your weight loss journey.

Best wishes to you.....connie

thanks Connie. Everything went okay. Insurance will be submitted tomorrow.

I am registered to go to a Lapband Seminar tomorrow. Have any of you gone to this seminar? What info did you gain? Have any of you considered Mexico for the surgery? Dr Kuri? I am eager to learn more!!

Dr. Woodman did my surgery in Sept 07 and while he is an excellent surgeon, his bedside manner is terrible. He is very rude and doesn't have a problem with putting you down. I have lost 60lbs and he told that he sees now that I am going to be one of his failures. 5 months after having my surgery I had a serious back injury and couldn't move for 6 weeks and he told me that I was just using that as an excuse not to exercise. If you have any other choice of a doctor I would look into them. I would suggest Dr. Weaver.

Hey, Mzmom...don't feel so bad, you are not alone. I am sure that Dr W counts me as one of his failures also, but I don't! AND I know what you mean about some of his comments also. I went for an office visit after my husband died unexpectedly, and hadn't lost any weight, and when he questioned me, I explained that I had been going through a tough time. He told me (not sarcastically, just matter-of-factly) that my husband's death had nothing to do with my weight-loss program. Technically, he was correct, but realistically, he has no idea and may he never come to understand. I haven't been back to see him since that time. I haven't lost any more weight and know that he would be really unhappy since I still need to lose about 30 lbs to reach the goal he set for me (I would be happy with 20). I have since changed jobs and can't attend the support meetings, so I have sort of lost my motivation. Since I have lost about 120 lbs, I don't consider myself a failure, and YOU can take all the time you want. You won't be a failure until YOU decide you are! Best wishes to you. connie

Hey, Mzmom...don't feel so bad, you are not alone. I am sure that Dr W counts me as one of his failures also, but I don't! AND I know what you mean about some of his comments also. I went for an office visit after my husband died unexpectedly, and hadn't lost any weight, and when he questioned me, I explained that I had been going through a tough time. He told me (not sarcastically, just matter-of-factly) that my husband's death had nothing to do with my weight-loss program. Technically, he was correct, but realistically, he has no idea and may he never come to understand. I haven't been back to see him since that time. I haven't lost any more weight and know that he would be really unhappy since I still need to lose about 30 lbs to reach the goal he set for me (I would be happy with 20). I have since changed jobs and can't attend the support meetings, so I have sort of lost my motivation. Since I have lost about 120 lbs, I don't consider myself a failure, and YOU can take all the time you want. You won't be a failure until YOU decide you are! Best wishes to you. connie

Hi Connie,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry to hear about the death of your husband. It was 2 months after my surgery that I lost my cousin Tammy. She was more like a sister to me than a cousin. I experience the same thing you need with Dr. W because I only lost 3 lbs in 6 weeks. I told him about the loss of my cousin and that I have been having a hard time accepting her death, He told me that all well and good but she was gone and I need to get back to losing weight. I shouldn't have gone back bat at that time there was no other doctor on my insurance. But now Dr. Weaver is so I am thinking about switching to her. I understand that he is losing alot of patients because of his attitude. Maybe one day he will realize that and change his way (Honestly I don't think he will).

Lisa

You know, Lisa, when reading our posts to each other, it sounds like Dr. W. is really cold, but I have always given him the "benefit of doubt" and felt that, in his own way, he is trying to motivate us. I do feel that he is an excellent Dr. and that is what is most important to me. However, I just am not interested in going for an office visit when I know that he will be so disapproving of me. I wish I could get motivated again, but I realize that his office doesn't offer any support except for the "stop whining and deal with it" system. Well, I AM dealing with my life and I don't whine because it doesn't help, but that takes about all the will and resolve I have. I really wish that there was a support group that dealt with our kind of issues. You know, we don't have much in common with the "newbies" that are enjoying learning the wonderful benefits of this life-changing surgery. I think we would benefit from a group discussion with others who are learning to live "long-term" with the band. Didn't mean to go on so long........I hope all goes well for you today and I am really happy for both of us that we are dealing with our weight issues in our own way. connie