Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The doubting game begins :/

Hi ya'll as some know i am a Newbie i have been waiting to start my appointments for wls since june and now that i am soo close to seeing my surgeon i am having soooo many thoughts and doubts and worries, i'm trying to stay positive but its like 1 minute i am super excited that i'm finally gonna start my journey and the next i'm having doubts and of course i feel lost as far as what shakes i should buy etc. I know that once i start going to the NUT which is also on thursday i will get lots of answers to my questions as far as nutritions go. Last night i was reading through some posts here and i read 1 that was talking about a death in the family because of complications after surgery that got me really sad :( i worry about loosing all my hair after surgery as i have PCOS and right now my hair is falling off pretty bad my hormones are all over the place which isn't helping. I have 3 beautiful children whom are my life along with my husband and i just want to be able to enjoy the rest of my life with them and feel healthy again i am only 33 and haven't felt healthy and haven't been under the 200's in over 10 years don't get me wrong i am super excited of the thought of a healthier life and all the good that will come out of that i guess i'll just have to take it one day at a time. Sorry had to vent and i know this would be the best place to do so.

I am right there with you. I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow.. first appointment. I know this is what I want to do, but there is doubt sometimes. I also noticed that I was super excited when my initial appt was schedule for 2 weeks ago, I couldn't sleep I was so excited and then they called me an hour before to reschedule because the person that made my appt made an error. This time knowing that it's tomorrow I am still a little excited but nothing like I was previously. I feel like the fire is buring out a bit. That's why I am back on here makig sure I keep up to date with all of the experiences good and bad.

I am right there with you. I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow.. first appointment. I know this is what I want to do, but there is doubt sometimes. I also noticed that I was super excited when my initial appt was schedule for 2 weeks ago, I couldn't sleep I was so excited and then they called me an hour before to reschedule because the person that made my appt made an error. This time knowing that it's tomorrow I am still a little excited but nothing like I was previously. I feel like the fire is buring out a bit. That's why I am back on here making sure I keep up to date with all of the experiences good and bad.

I am right there with you. I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow.. first appointment. I know this is what I want to do' date=' but there is doubt sometimes. I also noticed that I was super excited when my initial appt was schedule for 2 weeks ago, I couldn't sleep I was so excited and then they called me an hour before to reschedule because the person that made my appt made an error. This time knowing that it's tomorrow I am still a little excited but nothing like I was previously. I feel like the fire is buring out a bit. That's why I am back on here makig sure I keep up to date with all of the experiences good and bad.[/quote']

I am happy to see i'm not the only one getting cold feet sometimes =) but like you i too know this is what i want, thanks for sharing your story with me maybe we'll have surgery around the same time and can keep each other posted on our journey Good Luck tommorow hope all goes well i will be in for my first surgeon and NUT appointment this thursday then monday of next week i have a phsyc appointment a physical on tuesday and another NUT appointment thursday of next week ....so i have 5 appointments coming up between this week and next week maybe thats why i'm getting nervous because things are gonna start moving quickly "fingers crossed" lol

When I first started this journey, it seemed every other day I was changing my mind about it.....somewhere along the way, I finally came to grips with it....still have a little anxiety over some things, but doing a pros/cons of WLS helped. Good luck!

When I first started this journey' date=' it seemed every other day I was changing my mind about it.....somewhere along the way, I finally came to grips with it....still have a little anxiety over some things, but doing a pros/cons of WLS helped. Good luck![/quote']

Thanks PattyGee, have you had ur surgery yet?

Nope, I'm 13 days away (but who's counting?) LOL

Nope' date=' I'm 13 days away (but who's counting?) LOL[/quote']

LOL...wow you are soo close thats awesome you must be on preop diet then, hope thats going well for you. I finally go in to see my surgeon for the first time tommorow yeyyy lol ...good luck i wish you the very best keep us posted =)

I'm also new... Have all of my clearances from all my Drs. My Psych Eval is July-31

Then I'm hoping to get my date set soon after.

I hear ya about the whole cold feet thing... I first looked into GB 3 1/2 yrs ago. And backed out... Have been wondering and thinking about it for a longgg time. Finally I decided on the Sleeve. And I'm not turnin back this time. I'm super excited. Praying my date will get set quickly.

Tc's Ready!

I'm also new... Have all of my clearances from all my Drs. My Psych Eval is July-31

Then I'm hoping to get my date set soon after.

I hear ya about the whole cold feet thing... I first looked into GB 3 1/2 yrs ago. And backed out... Have been wondering and thinking about it for a longgg time. Finally I decided on the Sleeve. And I'm not turnin back this time. I'm super excited. Praying my date will get set quickly.

Tc's Ready!

Hi Tc and welcome to the newbies bench hopefully very soon we will be on the sleevers bench lol, thats great that you are on your way to your new healthy life =) one of the things that was worrying me was copay for insurance plus a fee that the hospital charges for the NUT program that they offer for lifetime and thank God i got a call today and everything is getting paid for so thats 1 less worry. Tommorow i'll be on my way to start with my appointments i know tonight i won't be able to sleep because of the excitement lol, hopefully the excitement stay this high throughout my journey, i have never considered wls before until i found out this year i had pcos although i suspected it for many years, when my doctor told me my symptoms were pretty bad and that i should consider wls i got scared at first, but then it started sinking in and i know its what i want, oh and my mother in law will be having wls as well around the same time as me atleast i'll have someone close to me that is going through the same thing and hopefully that can be of good support for each other. Please keep us posted of your surgery date and how everything goes, i'll do the same we can all support each other Congrats and Good Luck on your journey!

Hi Tc and welcome to the newbies bench hopefully very soon we will be on the sleevers bench lol' date=' thats great that you are on your way to your new healthy life =) one of the things that was worrying me was copay for insurance plus a fee that the hospital charges for the NUT program that they offer for lifetime and thank God i got a call today and everything is getting paid for so thats 1 less worry. Tommorow i'll be on my way to start with my appointments i know tonight i won't be able to sleep because of the excitement lol, hopefully the excitement stay this high throughout my journey, i have never considered wls before until i found out this year i had pcos although i suspected it for many years, when my doctor told me my symptoms were pretty bad and that i should consider wls i got scared at first, but then it started sinking in and i know its what i want, oh and my mother in law will be having wls as well around the same time as me atleast i'll have someone close to me that is going through the same thing and hopefully that can be of good support for each other. Please keep us posted of your surgery date and how everything goes, i'll do the same we can all support each other Congrats and Good Luck on your journey![/quote']

Thanks .. Good Luck to you tooo. My mom came to the seminar with me and wants to have it.. But she don't think her insurance will cover. :( we are praying that it does. I so she will be having it too. I'm so glad I found this site.

Best of luck on your journey... You keep us updated too :)

Tc's Ready!

Thanks .. Good Luck to you tooo. My mom came to the seminar with me and wants to have it.. But she don't think her insurance will cover. :( we are praying that it does. I so she will be having it too. I'm so glad I found this site.

Best of luck on your journey... You keep us updated too :)

Tc's Ready!

Thank you, i hope she gets covered that would be awesome for you both, i def will keep updating =)

Oh boy, I know how you feel. I am now a full time procrastinator. It's almost all I think about but I just don't seem to be able to make the commitment to schedule a surgery. One minute I'm all jazzed (usually after being on the forums and reading everyone's great stories) then I wake in the middle of the night in a panic because I am actually considering having half my stomach removed !!

I mean, what if I have this done and then wish i hadn't ? it is not reversible and that terrifies me. I could be living with this mistake for the rest of my life ? and right after that I think - it could be the best thing you ever did and just imagine being slim again like you used to be. Please someone, HELP ME MAKE A COMMITMENT HERE !!

Leslie, when you are ready to make a commitment (either way) you'll do it.....honestly it probably took me 7 years to get here.....I was a wreck the first 2 months after I went to that informational session, with the same concerns. Read everything you can about the surgery....and ask your surgeon about your fears and any questions you have.....if you haven't met with a surgeon yet, take that first step and go to an informational workshop--not everyone walks out saying they want surgery.....go to a WLS support group...the ones by me welcome people considering surgery, people who are preop, and post op......and most of all, good luck, and best wishes on your decision.

I'm in the same boat as many of the posters. First appointment with surgeon and nut done. Cardio and psych appointments in a few weeks.

I know I need to do this but am freaked out about the potential complications. While I do have all the common comorbids, everything is completely controlled (with the help of 8 different meds)