Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico Surgery

Leatha, last time I got tied up I (***** CENSORED *****)

You guys must think I'm a wild woman. You'll meet me and I'll be the one cowaring in the corner with a Shirley Temple (as Water squirts out my nose.)

Someone said something earlier in this thread about the band installation perhaps getting easier and cheaper one day. I laughed because a lot of my family is heavy and I wish we all could have it done. We have local spay/ nueter clinics for cats in town and they just pull up in a vet rigged RV and rotate cats in all day long for free or very cheap: I always day dream about the band procedure being done that way. The surgery time really isn't typically any longer than a kitty spay so why not???? My family always cracks up about my day dreams. Teresa

Neicy -

Regarding photo editing - if you're using Microsoft (and the monopoly lawsuit would imply you most likely are... :) ), your machine is probably already preloaded with Microsoft Photo Editor, which can be found in the Microsoft Office Tools folder (on my machine, anyway).

Hope this helps!!

To get back to the original subject... I spoke with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey just a few hours ago. He was extremely helpful; he answered all my questions, and even recommended a surgeon in Chicago (Santiago Horgan) outside of his own practice group if I decide to stay local. I'll find out the price & make a decision.

Pipsi, if you are still considering Dr. Rumbaut, check out http://www.obesitylapbandsurgery.com/intrmain.html. If you complete the e-mail questionnaire & mention that you're considering Mexico, you'll get a message from the ILOST team with all the info you need. The office staff are easy to deal with and fluent in English (but you probably heard that already).

I'm impressed with Rumbaut's credentials, his reputation among his patients, and his willingness to talk to prospective patients without doing a hard sell. Flights from Chicago to Monterrey are pretty cheap, so unless the local surgeon has a fabulous deal, I'm heading to Mexico ASAP.

Zoe

PS: A rhetorical question: What on earth is going on with the Edistogirl thread? No one is trying to be hurtful or insulting. Direct or subtle, serious or silly, the posts I've read all seem to come from people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience, and want to help others. That's what's important.