Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP PLS--Walking/Running advise for 5 k

Hi!!

So I do not get to the gym daily- or even weekly sometimes-

I want to enter in a glow in the dark color run for oct 5th- I am scared!! lol

Seriously

I can only walk/ very slightly jog on the treadmill for 1 mile in like 25 min :(

I can not follow the advise if the couch to 5k as its too strenuous

But

I'd luv to this- I need confidence and some type of plan-- I don't know where to get started-

Besides walking/jogging daily I need help please

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi!!

So I do not get to the gym daily- or even weekly sometimes-

I want to enter in a glow in the dark color run for oct 5th- I am scared!! lol

Seriously

I can only walk/ very slightly jog on the treadmill for 1 mile in like 25 min :(

I can not follow the advise if the couch to 5k as its too strenuous

But

I'd luv to this- I need confidence and some type of plan-- I don't know where to get started-

Besides walking/jogging daily I need help please

Thank you

Couch to 5k has been on my mind today. Check out this page, particularly the schedule section towards the middle: http://www.coolrunni...2/2_3/181.shtml

I do the mile in about the same time you do :D but the schedule for training doesn't look too bad. What do you think?

Some of those 5k's look like so much fun. I hope to be doing them soon.

Why aren't you able to get to the gym more regularly? The great thing about 5k's is you do not have to go to the gym to train. Can you get up 30 min early and walk for 30 min. From your reply you have an iphone so download an app like mapmywalk so you can see how far you are going.

You can do this and I know once I get going and doing it more regularly, I want to get up and walk. I feel good after I do it.

Suzy

Couch to 5k has been on my mind today. Check out this page' date=' particularly the schedule section towards the middle: http://www.coolrunni...2/2_3/181.shtml

I do the mile in about the same time you do :D but the schedule for training doesn't look too bad. What do you think?

Hmm seems ok- a lil strenuous perhaps but seems cool and doable! Thank you

Some of those 5k's look like so much fun. I hope to be doing them soon.

Why aren't you able to get to the gym more regularly? The great thing about 5k's is you do not have to go to the gym to train. Can you get up 30 min early and walk for 30 min. From your reply you have an iphone so download an app like mapmywalk so you can see how far you are going.

You can do this and I know once I get going and doing it more regularly' date=' I want to get up and walk. I feel good after I do it.

Suzy[/quote']

I've always wanted to do one!

Some days I'm just lazy and don't go! Other days I'm busy for over 12 hours! I live in NM and its Hot in the early am/night for me outside most days.

I do have that mapmywalk app! I used it before it got too warm!

I will try to not make excuses a d be more dedicated cuz I'd really like to be ready by oct 5th for my 1st color glow in the dark night 5k

Thank you

There's so many apps!

Is there any that plays music maybe and tells u when to run/jog and when to walk... Lol

There's so many apps!

Is there any that plays music maybe and tells u when to run/jog and when to walk... Lol

Yes, there is actually. "Ease into 5K" it's in the App Store (iPhone). :-)

I've been using Run 5K by Felt Tip. It was one of the first C25K apps that were released. I used it in 2009 when I trained for my first 5K with it. I'm using it again now to prepare for Disney's Haunted 5K in October.

Yes' date=' there is actually. "Ease into 5K" it's in the App Store (iPhone). :-)[/quote']

thank you lol

I found one!!

I'm confused tho- I guess I assumed it would walk me through it start to finish- I must be dense lol because I'm not getting

How 30 min 3x a week will allow me to do a 5k in 9 weeks? Lol

Is it assumed the 30 min at the end will = 3 miles

Or if u can follow that program ud be ok for the 3 miles--?

Sorry jyst not quite computing it- but I wanna get it!

I'm gonna buy a groupon special for a 5k for oct 5th and wanna make sure I'm ready!!

Thanks!!

thank you lol

I found one!!

I'm confused tho- I guess I assumed it would walk me through it start to finish- I must be dense lol because I'm not getting

I'm gonna buy a groupon special for a 5k for oct 5th and wanna make sure I'm ready!!

Thanks!!

No problem, each phase of the program adds more run time to your workout. So yes, by the end you'll be running for 30 minutes...and you can go up to 45 or even 60 if you're really ambitious. ????

thank you lol

I found one!!

Thanks!!

Depending how in shape you are now, a new runner will generally not be able to run a 5K in 30 min. As you train with the app, add some additional fast walking until you get up to 40-45 min. I ran (actually a very slow job) my first 5K in 44 minutes. I trained for 12 weeks before and kept adding minutes after I finished the 8 wk program until I was running for 3.1 miles.

Thank you for all your help!! :)

I got up early and tried my new app!! I liked it !

I only did 17 min instead of the 30 cuz I needed to get back to the house but it was a start! I don't know how it will get me to run longer I was tired but I did do the mile in 17!!! Usually takes 20-25ish so at least it's a start-

Tomorrow will be a real challenge- I didn't work today but tomorrow I do!! Thank you for the motivation!

Great job. That is awesome. Keep up the good work

Great job. That is awesome. Keep up the good work

Thank you it's a start :)