Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had a conversion from sleeve to gastric by pass ?

Thank you all for the get well wishes. I have had nausea since my sleeve June 10th and I'm dehydrated with low blood pressure. My surgeon said that with the sleeve you still have a biliary duct and he believes that is what's causing the nausea and dehydration. I'm so scared for the gastric by pass but he said when he makes the pouch the nausea will instantly go away. I don't have much of a life right now and he said If I hold off another couple of weeks and maybe the nausea will go away. But it's not a guarantee. From all of my research on the sleeve I had never heard of sleeve revision to gastric by pass. My husband was here with me all day at the hospital I couldn't help but cry when he left . I feel horrible' date=' scared and sadden by all that is happening to me. I have to try to stay positive. I just find it hard to do so. So help me God.[/quote']

Hey Sprinkles my sweetie, God bless you nd heal you, He will nd know ur going to be ok. Let me say this, as I researched this procedure, that I've yet to be cleared to have yet, I came across so much info. I hope this eases some of ur fright, but the vgs was/ is sometimes the first step for some people getting gbs. I read that it wasn't until a Dr realized that some people who were scheduled for gbs and had the sleeve done first, lost sufficient amts of weight so they decided to start offering just the vsg which is y they don't have a lot of data on the vsg just yet. Now, I don't know if knowing first that the person was going to have gbs makes the vsg procedure any different bc they still have to close the new sleeve. Just research people having gbs but having vgs done prior. It happens so don't worry about that, just make sure that ur surgeon has done all he can to make sure its the only choice bc ur the one whose hurting nd u deserve to be confident in the choice. Im on my way to church, I will send extra prayers ur watt. Hugs sweetie! Hope my post made since. Dee Dee

Thank YOU, Dee Dee

For your kind loving message. And thanks for all the prayers too. I will definitely will be getting a second opinion today I hope.

Sorry to hear what you are going thru. I hope you can find the correct solution soon!

I'm sorry to hear this and sorry for your pain. :( I hope the bypass resolves the issues...you might get better results by posting here:

http://www.rnytalk.com/forum/24-band-to-gastric-bypass-revisions/

Even though the technical category is band to bypass, there are some sleeve to bypass revisions in there. Best wishes!

Thank YOU' date=' Dee Dee

For your kind loving message. And thanks for all the prayers too. I will definitely will be getting a second opinion today I hope.[/quote']

You are so welcome, plz lmk how it goes.

I'm 5 weeks out post op sleeve and from the very beginning I was very nauseas. My surgeon gave me Zofran and said it will take a little bit of time. I had to get use to my new stomach. Well 4 trips later to the ER with dehydration. And still nauseous they had to hospitalize me. I've been here 8 days and they had to give me everything through IV fluids including my Protein. The only thing that helps my nausea is Phenegran by injection the pill form doesn't work for me. Im so miserable and unhappy with the sleeve. The sad thing is you dont know how your body will take it until you e had it done. I research this sleeve for two years before i decided to do it. Sadly I was not a good canditate for the sleeve. I'm now scheduled for gastric by pass for Monday. I would like some feedback and or words of encouragement in these difficult times for me.

Oh my goodness you have been through alot.. Sending prayers you way for quick answers to your health issues and the proper test to give the Drs the knowledge to treat you with compassion and proper care.

My Doctor is requiring me to get a Manometry study just to be safe of nausea and complications for gerd. If by any chance of me having band Should there be an issue he is leaning toward rny.

Take care sweety, big Hugz to ya!