Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Umbach in Las Vegas and cash paying was Awesome!

I just had my sleeve done yesterday ! Feeling great. Just a little gas pains that meds have taken care of. In the 16 hours since surgery I have managed to get down 3 Protein Shakes with no nausea! Loved my doctor and the hospital ..and mine was outpatient .

Let me just say that using dr, Umbach from Blossom Bariatrcs and the staff at North Vista Hospital was the most awesome surgery experiece I have had ever! I have had 3 csection a and 2 other outpatient surgeries in my life. This was my 3rd outpatient and never received such excellent care. My mom, a nurse, came with me and she is still taking about the experience . And this was all cash pay for $10,400! His pain management protocol is unbelievable as well. Highly , highly recommend. My mom is next in line for hers she says!

He did mine two years ago. Same price and experience. I loved the outpatient option, too. There are sick people in hospitals, and I wasn't sick and didn't want to get sick.

I love Dr. Umbach & I too had a great experience!

I just had my sleeve done yesterday ! Feeling great. Just a little gas pains that meds have taken care of. In the 16 hours since surgery I have managed to get down 3 Protein shakes with no nausea! Loved my doctor and the hospital ..and mine was outpatient .

Let me just say that using dr, Umbach from Blossom Bariatrcs and the staff at North Vista Hospital was the most awesome surgery experiece I have had ever! I have had 3 csection a and 2 other outpatient surgeries in my life. This was my 3rd outpatient and never received such excellent care. My mom, a nurse, came with me and she is still taking about the experience . And this was all cash pay for $10,400! His pain management protocol is unbelievable as well. Highly , highly recommend. My mom is next in line for hers she says!

Hi! I am having my surgery with Dr. Umbach on Tues. Can you please answer some questions for me?

How long you were in the hospital?

Did you take Chapstick, your phone and charger, gas x strips, etc? What did you take and what did you use? Also, what brand of Protein Shakes are you drinking and what medication did he provide! I was given Percocet (generic) which scares me. Did you buy any antacids or use anything else over the counter or prescribed? Please let me know if possible. Thanks!

Hi! I am having my surgery with Dr. Umbach on Tues. Can you please answer some questions for me?

How long you were in the hospital?

Did you take Chapstick, your phone and charger, gas x strips, etc? What did you take and what did you use? Also, what brand of Protein shakes are you drinking and what medication did he provide! I was given Percocet (generic) which scares me. Did you buy any antacids or use anything else over the counter or prescribed? Please let me know if possible. Thanks!

Hi Altima, my surgery was outpatient so I did not stay overnight in th hospital. I recovered for a little over 2 hours then my mom took me to the hotel. His pain management was so great that I wouldn't want to stay in the hospital anyway. I was nauseated before the surgery because he does give Percocet before you go under to help with the pain. I puked a little before and was given zofran thru my iv. I had NO pain when we I woke up or in the next 3 days of healing. I was uncomfortable and achy but not in pain. I took one Percocet every 4-6 hours as needed and slept really well. Walking made one side hurt so I just made sure I walked about 45 minutes after I tooka pain med. your also given a patch behind your ear before surgery for nausea.i had no nausea after surgery but some do.i have yet to need an antacids so I have not bought any. I just brought my purse with my ids and phone ,no charger.i drank premier Protein drinks while there. But love the chike banana and strawberry he sells in his office.i hope that helps.

Dr. Umbach and staff are really wonderful. I am a year and a half out and doing great! Everything was explained and I was truly lucky not to have had any complications. I can eat most anything and have maintained a 70lb. weight loss for over a year now.

I flew to Las Vegas from Florida because of his reputation and the fact that he was written up in a major medical magazine for his service and he runs a center of excellance. All good things and he is a genuinely caring doctor. It reflects in his staff as well and I would do it all over again. All my best Babs J