Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need to loose 20lbs before surgery

Did all my requirements only missing 2 more months weighins. Surgery will tentatively be end of sept/oct. Started a diet on june 19. Lost 10lbs so far. I'm feeling frustrated. For all my sacrifice and effort I'm afraid I won't reach 20 lbs loss before surgery. I know I'm already halfway but I'm craving burgers so bad I dream of bacon cheese burgers in my sleep... I'm taking this seriously just am scared I won't make it....

I had to lose 23 lbs before my insurance would even approve me and it was hard work.,, but you can do it!!! I did the liver diet to help out and it was basically 2 shakes and a low carb lean dinner. The times I was starving I ate sugar free Jello and low sodium broth or Soups and jug jug room temperature Water. You might feel a little sick but you won't be hungry. Good luck!!! You will get there. :) just tell yourself that once you have surgery it's less you have to lose to goal weight!! Take care

My last appointment is November 26th and I too have to lose 20lbs. My dietitian hasn't put me on any diets yet.

I had to loose 5.... which seems so insignificant, but it wasn't and I waited until the last week before my final weigh in to do anything about it. I went very strict low carb and lost 7.9 in a week, I have continued on and lost around 15 or so.... I have maintained, but not been as strict.. I had no motivation, until that last week, because I knew I had to do it, or my paperwork wasn't being submitted! You can and will do it!!!

Half way there! You got this!!!!

You can, but controlling "head-hunger" is both important and HARD!!!

Did all my requirements only missing 2 more months weighins. Surgery will tentatively be end of sept/oct. Started a diet on june 19. Lost 10lbs so far. I'm feeling frustrated. For all my sacrifice and effort I'm afraid I won't reach 20 lbs loss before surgery. I know I'm already halfway but I'm craving burgers so bad I dream of bacon cheese burgers in my sleep... I'm taking this seriously just am scared I won't make it....

Can you try an "altered" burger to satisfy you? Make your own lean beef or turkey burger, put it in a lettuce wrap or even a lite bun. I'm betting you can work it into your diet plan and still stay the course. Granted it won't be a gooey, fat heavy burger, but it might be enough to satisfy that craving. The 6 months leading up to surgery I stayed on a Weight Watchers plan an lost about 50 lbs. before the pre op diet.

A great way to prepare yourself for the uncompromising changes you'll have to make after surgery is to start some changes now, ease yourself in with good choices and meal planning that will make your transition that much easier.

I had to loose 5.... which seems so insignificant, but it wasn't and I waited until the last week before my final weigh in to do anything about it. I went very strict low carb and lost 7.9 in a week, I have continued on and lost around 15 or so.... I have maintained, but not been as strict.. I had no motivation, until that last week, because I knew I had to do it, or my paperwork wasn't being submitted! You can and will do it!!!

I did a similar thing...I waited until the absolute last moment to lose......I also flip flopped my way through on when I would actually have surgery the 6 months from my actual surgery date to my actual surgery, yes...I cancelled my first date ....I finally got back on the horse but continued to eat till the end....then fitted for.com date set again after losing 10 lbs on medifast and thought all was clear so I had yet another good funeral and received a call from my o co he wanted to see me since so much time went by! He's tough and this call came on a Tuesday and my appointment was on Friday....I immediately started back on medifast! I had gained 10 lbs since my l lowest weight on this journey and he wasn't happy but I was still 10 lbs lower than the highest weight he had seen me at. He let me slip through but he was considering not letting me have surgery on Monday! Anyway, here I am now...six months out.....103 lbs down from my highest weight and extremely committed to a healthy lifestyle. The surgery is what I needed to get my weight under control.

I don't know why my response was connected to your quote.....I have done that before and it worked

I find that increasing my activity helps tremendously with both the weight but the hunger. I am limited in what my joints can do but i find things I can do and get my body working for me rather than against me.

I was told I had to lose 26 pounds and so far I've lost 20 since the beginning of May. These last few pounds are coming off soooo slow, I feel your pain. One thing I've found that works for me is instead of saying I can't have something, I say I don't want it instead. Kinda cheesy maybe, but I feel like if I'm deciding I don't want it versus I can't have it then its not such a big deal to go without that burger.

Craving getting better. I went to a bbq had a cheese burger without bun and grilled asparagus. It satisfied. I lost total of 15lbs with still 2 months to go. I'm scared that ill start gaining if I let myself relax too much. Would like to loose 15 more in next 2 months to get under preop goal and show myself I can do this lifestyle change even postop