Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More f*&%#ing SNOW!

Gosh, I am feeling guilty because I would love to see some snow.

I live in Texas...I only stay here because all my family is here and it is "home".

But in the summer I HATE THE HEAT with a F%$#ing rabid hating passion.

I know I sound crazy and I apologize, I am not usually one to curse. but I hate the heat soo much. I can't go outside because I get sick, faint, dizzy and short of breath. I feel like the heat is stealing my breath. And now that I am sort of pre-menopause....the heat flashes make it that much worse.

I am trapped in the house for months.

I so look forward to winter, I don't even care if my feet get chilly sometimes....as least I can put on socks.

ok...I will shut up my rant.

But I do understand hating the weather.

I live in Texas...I only stay here because all my family is here and it is "home".

I know I sound crazy and I apologize, I am not usually one to curse. but I hate the heat soo much. I can't go outside because I get sick, faint, dizzy and short of breath. I feel like the heat is stealing my breath. And now that I am sort of pre-menopause....the heat flashes make it that much worse.

I so look forward to winter, I don't even care if my feet get chilly sometimes....as least I can put on socks.

I can sympathize, Missy, but it's the cold I hate. I also live in Texas (thank God) and I wish I had hot flashes about this time every year. I have low blood pressure and have always hated the cold. Now, with almost 100 pounds of insulation gone, I am miserable if the temperature dips below 70.

Last year it was 80 something on New Year's day. Perfect! I think it should be 80 all year round, or at least 75.

It's 50 degrees here and almost 11 AM. I'm COLD...but I'm going to go out and walk my 3.5 miles anyway. DH is going with me (faint).

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

From deep in the heart of Texas

I lived in Houston for about 1 1/2 years and I couldn't wait to get back to Colorado! I think it was more about living in such a big city rather than the weather though. Although, I was pregnant in the summer while I was there, and wanted to die from the heat and humidity!

Thanks for the info about Dr Rodriquez it makes me feel alittle better, they had asked me about the hospital and from my reseach the bigger looked the newest and best. I am taking my boyfriend with me who speaks spanish but I am so going to learn how to say I am in PAIN!!!

I am with you, Missy. I am always hot and sweaty. My internal temperature is haywire and this is why I absolutely loathe the summer. I spend it inside with the A/C running and fans running, too. And I am one of those blondies with a redhead's skin; I don't tan. I dread global warming. Our summers up here in central Canada can get pretty nasty. Very, very hot and humid and with lots of toxic air advisories. Ugh!:help:

MissyC: I live in Texas too for the same reasons you do. Although I will probably never really call it "home". But it is so much better than Central Florida!!!

I dream about being able to go outside and make angels in the snow. If I can get all this weight off (what do I mean IF??) when I get this weight off, I want to head to Colorado or northern California or Utah and go skiing again.

I have an all weather coat that I got in Montreal that is lined with fur (it's reversable) and it can keep even the coldest natured person warm. I just wish I had a chance to use it here! But I'm not just wanting cold weather, I'm wanting snow to look at and play in.

My bro lives in Colorado Springs and they've actually had lots of snow this year and even a couple of blizzards. They totally don't feel sorry for me, and I guess I don't blame them. It's about time for me to pay them a visit.

My sister used to live in La Junta and do business in Pueblo... the big city. Ha!

Please send some of that Colorado snow to NY. I just got home from a jacketless, 70-degree afternoon at the park with my soon-to-be 2 year old. All she wanted from Santa were roller skates and a helmet. Santa delivered, but we were convinced she would sulk until spring when it was warm enough to finally use them. Little did we know 70-degree days were in store for January in NY!!!

But I want to introduce her to SLEIGH RIDING!!!!!! SO please Colorado, send us New Yorkers some snow!!! :rolleyes:

There is much weather weirdness going on. It has been noted that Canada's capital is the second coldest capital city in the world, right after that of Ulaan Bator, the capital of one of the Mongolias - either inner or outer, Green can't remember.

Through this fine capital city snakes the Rideau Canal which always freezes up during the winter months. Indeed, many government workers, including elected parliamentarians, have traditionally skated to work during the cold months. This year the only option available is travelling by boat.

I have an all weather coat that I got in Montreal that is lined with fur (it's reversable) and it can keep even the coldest natured person warm. I just wish I had a chance to use it here! But I'm not just wanting cold weather, I'm wanting snow to look at and play in.

Oh BJean, your coat does sound wonderfully luxurious! I've got polar boots and a couple of sheepskin coats, myself. None of this stuff is of any use up here where I live. Why don't we agree to spend a week together in Colorado? Could be fun for us and for our winter clothes,.......eh.;) Green is really missing the snow.:cry She is, afterall, a Canadian.

Green: Sounds good to me! Are your coats lined with sheepskin or sheepskin on the outer part? When my sis lived in La Junta, CO, her husband bought a sheepskin lined suede coat in Taos, N.Mex. Said it was totally awesome. He looked like the Marlboro man in it. I miss the Marlboro man, come to think of it.

Green: Sounds good to me! Are your coats lined with sheepskin or sheepskin on the outer part? When my sis lived in La Junta, CO, her husband bought a sheepskin lined suede coat in Taos, N.Mex. Said it was totally awesome. He looked like the Marlboro man in it. I miss the Marlboro man, come to think of it.

Both coats are lined with sheepskin, black sheepskin. One coat is black and the other is paprika coloured. Both are suede. They are both great looking coats. Too bad they never get to see the light of day anymore.:cry I also have a beautiful black leather winter coat that I inherited from my mother a couple of years back. It has a black fur collar that reminded me of one of my cats, Norton, and so we used to refer to the coat as Norton.;)

Green: Awesome. You name your coats. How about your frocks? Or do you seldome wear frocks? Like me.

Drewslou: Thanks! Appreciate your genorosity! Bet you wouldn't mind if we decided to truck some home with us. We could put a nice layer of Coors Lite on the bottom.