Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Dr used dermabond on my incisions. I am 12 days post op and the dermabond seems to be starting to slough off. My concern is that one of my incisions does not look closed and is the one coming off the most. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do?

I had the same problem with one of my incisions- four of them were fine, one of them is still not healed after almost six weeks. My Dr. told me I waited too long to be seen when I realized my incision was not healing- apparently there was a deep suture that did not dissolve properly under the dermabond and it kept everything from closing up properly. All of my dermabond came off between weeks 2 and 3, and my Dr. told me that I should have gone to see her once the dermabond came off my incision and I saw that it was not healed like the others.

So, once the dermabond is all the way off of your incisions, if it looks different than your other incisions, make an appointment and have it checked out. I waited too long and now I have to go in every 2-3 days to have mine checked which is annoying.

Make an appointment with your physician and have your incision looked at. Sooner than later,

Good luck

If it looks open and the dermabond is off please be careful getting them wet.

Ok Im curious.....how manny incisions do the doctors do? My doctor does it laser so he said I'll be having one smaller then a dime on my rib cage and one small under my belly button since the actual surgery is being performed through my belly button.

Ok Im curious.....how manny incisions do the doctors do? My doctor does it laser so he said I'll be having one smaller then a dime on my rib cage and one small under my belly button since the actual surgery is being performed through my belly button.

There should have been four very small ones. However, I had a hernia and a very enlarged liver so he had to make two extra ones for a total of six. On of mine is 3-4" long because of the liver.

I had 4 incisions. The longest is a little over an inch. All of them healed by 2 weeks out. The biggest is at the top of my pants and it pulls some but other than that they healed well.

I had 5 incisions, but I also had a hernia. Tuesday will be a week for me post OP.....just have your surgeon take a look. You def want them to heal right ????

My questionable incision- oh my. The rest of the dermabond came off and it is definitely not closed. I called my nurse and she said to use a butterfly strip. I did but it doesn't look like it has done any good. She is also calling in an antibiotic.

My Dr used dermabond on my incisions. I am 12 days post op and the dermabond seems to be starting to slough off. My concern is that one of my incisions does not look closed and is the one coming off the most. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do?

I had the same thing happen and I went to the drug store & got liquid band-aid

I called my dr office and the nurse put steri strips on it. The problem with that, which is why my dr used the dermabond to begin with, is that I am allergic to bandage adhesive. Everywhere it touches looks like red puff paint and itches like the dickens. I made myself leave it on for 24 hours but it is still open- healing- but still not closed. I am on antibiotics for infection.

I called my dr office and the nurse put steri strips on it. The problem with that' date=' which is why my dr used the dermabond to begin with, is that I am allergic to bandage adhesive. Everywhere it touches looks like red puff paint and itches like the dickens. I made myself leave it on for 24 hours but it is still open- healing- but still not closed. I am on antibiotics for infection.[/quote']

Yikes! I know now that feels I'm very sensitive to tape/bandaids ex... Well I hope everything goes smoothly as possible or you!