Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

brandi-I don't there is anything wrong with you meeting him. YOu guys have formed some sort of a friendship. Even though his honesty was a bit demeaning, in a way. He sounds as if he is a really great guy, who just got out of a long relationship, and doesn't really know what he wants, and is probably just as scared as you are about getting hurt. So maybe this whole, just want to have fun relationship thing is a facade used to convince himself of being all he wants right now. I bet if you met him under different circumstances after he recovered from his breakup, his tune would be a bit different. You guys have so much in common, maybe actually meeting him in person may change his mind. If not, then you've made another really cool friend. Win/win? <br /> <br /> bk- you look years younger! amazing. I just noticed you are only 23, wouldn't of guess that by the before. Now you look 18!<br /> <br /> nikki- can't wait to see the ultrasound pics!<br /> <br /> I so want to see banannie's pics!!! I can't wait! <br /> <br /> va- I'm jealous of your fill, it's been a year tomorrow and I still have not hit my sweetspot! uggh. <br /> <br /> enjoy the snow girlies! Better you than me. It's freezing cold here and icey, but not really any snow yet. We just get freezing rain and more rain and then it rains some more, all year long! <br /> Being in Rome actually made me miss America. After 1 1/2 years here i'm beginning to miss America. I missflorida, sunshine and flip flops and palm trees. I hope we make it home this year. I'm freaking broke! We are going to Greece in April and after that I think our travels are done for the rest of the year. well, other than short trips. Next year, our last year here, my goal is London, Ireland, and Normandy. We'll only have 7 months to do it in. We leave in August of 09'. Man how time passes!

sweethot - that was kind of what i was thinking... I know his tune would be different if his break-up was not as recent. I just don't know whether I should wait for his view to change to something a bit more optimistic, or if by waiting... I could be missing an opportunity. (I just hope it isn't wishful thinking.) We are just having coffee at a StarBucks. So, I think I will go ahead and go say hello. You will all be here to help me kick my own butt if/when I figure out that I made the wrong choice yet again.

brandi-yeah, I wouldn't read too much into what he is saying. Your right, you could be missing a great opportunity. I would go for it too. It's not everyday that you meet a guy like him. He sounds great. In a way, you have to appreciate his honesty though. That was big of him to admit that, rather than possibly lead you on.

brandi-yeah, I wouldn't read too much into what he is saying. Your right, you could be missing a great opportunity. I would go for it too. It's not everyday that you meet a guy like him. He sounds great. In a way, you have to appreciate his honesty though. That was big of him to admit that, rather than possibly lead you on.

Honestly I feel the same way. We all take chances in every relationship. Just because you have someone who plans on being here forever doesn't mean it would work out! I think you need to just roll with it. In 6 months, you may be willig to move or he may be willing to stay. He is honest, and that is a HUGE plus!

(sigh of relief) ok, i feel a bit better knowing that I am not alone with my "train of thought"

UGH, i am super nervous though :eek: and excited -- and scared! ha. thank you ladies for your thoughts on this... I don't have many people to bounce my ideas off of... you've helped my brain calm down a bit :) luv ya!

you are right though... it is only because he DOES seem like a super nice guy and he IS so incredibly honest that I am tempting fate like this. I guess I just have to decide if it is worth the risk of getting to know a great guy. Six months is a long time in some ways and short time in others.

I am such a firm believer that there are no coincidences in life. We have similarities that neither one of us can dismiss. It just seems like we crossed paths for some reason. I guess I just have to decide if I am brave enough to try to figure out why. I don't like to wonder "what if" (and THAT curiosity is also how i end up learning soooo many hard lessons too :) )

If he will at least say... "we will see what happens" (instead of eliminating the possibility completely) that is all I really need to hear. No one can offer more than that up front.

Ok. STEP #1 -- I guess I am going to have coffee tomorrow :D

HOLA CHICAS

I will not denied it I am still stressing of not getting my transfer but it made me think things will happen for a reason and I need to think positive and I can achieve with this company or anyother my goals . Why chicago . one is because I need to get out of california and I loved chicago another is because I want a baby and my best friend said he would help with the issue anyways and other things I have nothing to loose there and lots to gain emocionally and profesionally. I can buy another house and I can do lots of things I hate California for many reasons so I need to get out of here and I love Chicago I can always come back if things dont go ok there .

Bev- I can only tell you do what you think will benefit you whatever it is we only live once and it is an awfull filling to look back and think what would of happend . So live it and enjoy everyday like it was your last . It took me a while to get it and still get it in my system but you know i working on it . so if you feel it do it .

b000- love ya pls take care ..

bk- you look wonderful your so beautiful.. keep it up girl .

ok girls read you later and dad is doing better day by day.

you laugh dad is the one that tells me to go to chicago he willing to pay just for me to go for a week for my bday so guess i will go lol :)

love ya

clau

claud-your in my prayers! I hope you find the happiness you are looking for. I'm hopeful another job will come your way. So sorry that life is throwing you lemons.

hi girlies! I've been busy making Cookies and getting ready for Christmas. I spent most of the day Sunday and all day yesterday making the cookies - ugh - I'm cookied out! Today me, my niece and daughter (home from college) are heading out to the mall to finish up the shopping.

Bk - darling you gorgeous thing! you look wonderful! I like the hair too! I want a perm but I'm told it'll make me look older and at 45 it ain't gonna happen, so I guess I've had the last perm I'll get until I'm past the vainity stage. I think about you and the baby alot, I get nostalgic when I see mama's and their babies. Raising my kids were the best years of my life, financially they sucked, marriage wise they sucked but the joy my kids have brought into my life is priceless! Enjoy the sweetie.

Bman - I'm glad you are taking a chance on this guy. Let us know what happens. I know how hard it is to seperate the heart from the rest but I'm praying that God will guard your heart.

Ok - ladies dd is ready so I'm off - love ya! I'll do more personals later!

Well, ladies, I got stood up... basically. We weren't supposed to meet till 5:30pm but he just called to tell me he is sick and can't make it tonight. (voice in my head says "yeah, right...")

Ok, ok... so he is sick... i could tell by how he sounded on the phone. His throat sounded awful. Whether it is just convenient timing or not still remains to be seen. i sure feel like I just got stood up though... :) of course since, i went through all the trouble of deciding to actually go for it. haha... I suck at life.

I pretty much told him that was cool, that I had other things to do anyway… I certainly didn’t want to look like I was disappointed. Even though I am…

I am kind of disappointed and relieved.. -- I was so nervous.

This is God’s way of saying… “Ok, Brandi look…I tried to let YOU make the decision. You messed up yet again and were going to actually consider hooking up with this guy. So, I had to smite him down with an airborne disease to stop you. You could have made this so much easier you know... if you’d have just said 'no' like you were supposed to. P.S. don’t forget my birthday… Jesus out”

brandi- your hilarious. I can just see Jesus saying, Jesus Out. I died laughing. I'm sorry you got disappointed. Give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's second thinking because he's scared too. Maybe he figures he should save you for when he is ready to have a relationship again. i don't know. I'm really sorry though, I can imagine the anticipation and then a phone call and then your heart sinking. Sorry girl. That sucks.

yesterday was my bandiversary and my bodybugg is here!!! yeahh!

Oh, I am surprisingly ok -- disappointed, but like I said... also relieved!?!? That was an emotion that shouldn't have been there I don't believe. i think deep down as much as I wanted to grasp at straws... it wasn't the right thing to do :confused: I was right to begin with. I am better than what he had to offer :( I know that. I am worth a full chance. There are lots of really nice guys in the world. This one is just not my nice guy... and i am ok with that. So, that tells me things worked out as they should have. :D

Lesson learned... thank you God for your sneaky, throat-scratching powers... heh! You saved me yet again. :P

This is God’s way of saying… “Ok, Brandi look…I tried to let YOU make the decision. You messed up yet again and were going to actually consider hooking up with this guy. So, I had to smite him down with an airborne disease to stop you. You could have made this so much easier you know... if you’d have just said 'no' like you were supposed to. P.S. don’t forget my birthday… Jesus out”

Awww so sorry Brandi, but I think this is exactly it! We were wrong! :confused:

Sorry you got stood up, but better now than later!

Booboo - You know, that should be my number one SIGN. If I have to ask advice on a situation... from this many people.... because i am UNSURE... then something is definitely wrong! Otherwise, I would have just went to meet the guy and not had so many doubts. I need to learn when to listen to myself. :) I am getting better though. i am learning :)

Ironically enough, my marine called me last night... We talked for hours. We had a misunderstanding about 3 weeks ago (well, it was totally ME who misunderstood). But I found out that I was very wrong about something and Mr. Marine was patient and sweet enough to want to get me straightened out. So, I think that it was definitely good that i never went and met this new guy :) even to talk... even as just a friend.

I was supposed to be home last night to get that call from my real friend, and I got alot of things cleared up with him last night and to be honest... would much rather have talked to him on the phone than been out having coffee with the new guy. So...

Thank you God for playing interference! well played, sir... well played! i see where you were going with this one big guy... and I like it! ha.

Lesson learned :) I don't think ANYONE should let me out into society.. :) haha, i have no idea what to do with all of this new attention and all these men that just keep popping up. :phanvan It is sooo hard to weed through them and find a good one that is even worth TRYING to get to know :) And the creeps are popping up ALL THE TIME!

It is like they can sense that I am vulnerable and don't know what I am doing. :) Like wolves circling an injured deer... SCARY

It was so much easier to hide in the background, when they didn't notice me, and NOT have choices to make! haha. How ironic is THAT? Easier is not always better though... (sigh) I need a course in dating 101! I have so little experience and this is confusing.