Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Maurdan, how tall are you? And way to go with your eating. I know it's hard to pull back, but way to go!

Thank you. :girl_hug:

I'm 5'8.

So, I've decided to buy the bodybugg and I've decided I need another fill. When you can eat a NY style piece of pizza (slowly of course) I think you don't have enough restriction! So, in two weeks I will go for another fill.

Va--have you tried Ematrol? Have someone go get it for you at a pharmacy. It is a liquid for vomitting. I am not sure how many times you have to puke before you damage something, but it is an excellent question! Good luck hun!

BK--Cook in the slow cooker! :girl_hug: I love to make stuff in it. I have a book if all easy recipes for the slow cooker, you just throw stuff in it, and viola! :girl_hug:

But here are some other ideas for you:

Salmon (not for me but very easy to make for fanily)

chicken pot pie

HERE IS MY EASY RECIPE...

1 whole cooked chicken (pre cooked & bought at store)

1 bag frozen Soup veggie

2 jars of chicken gravy

1 package of pie crust

Put the pie crust in the pan, cut up the chicken, throw it in, throw in veggie top with gravy, throw top crust on and cut top.

Cook about 1 hour or less (brown on top)

and you are done! :girl_hug: Very yummy!

goal, was banded ond ec 21 and was 182, am now 148, it goes slow but it goes, it was stuck at 152.8 for a week straight. im to be hon est hardly exercising. im just lettingit fall off.

morning ladies - just a quick hi! I had a busy weekend, went to that ring fighting Sat. night, it was fun - I'm ok with ds doing it now- its not as bad as pro ufc - they stop it if the guy is getting pounded on. Whew - I thought they kept going till he was knocked out! anyhoo - it was 3am when I got to bed - about 8 hrs past my bedtime! I was up at 7am - yeah go figure! Went to church - had to baby my baby girl with shopping and all I really wanted to do was sleep! Got home dh - and it wasn't dear - was in a grouch - probably bc we were spending money lol - finally I said damnit I'm tired and I'm tired of taking care of everyone else - I'm going to bed! I slept 2 hours got up and went to evening service - I got home and he went to bed - our way of being pissed off at each other - I fell asleep in front of the tv by 9:30 and just got up at 8:30 - I feel much better - now I have to run - I'm meeting a board member at 10:30 at work so I'll check in later - I still want to try to walk 30 minutes before I leave. BK -I make just about the same meals for my family - I just eat ALOT less then before - even measure my mashed taters - you'd be suprised how much 1/2 cup really is. Love ya ladies!

Ok all my sweeties...who gave me their germs??? Ugh..lol...not feeling so peachy this morning and I have to go back to school! :) My weekend wore me out as well Steph.

Gonna--glad to hear it is working for you!

To my ladies--big hugs (no germs included) :) Talk more later!

At work. Daylight Savings Time has me ALL confused. Meetings are showing up at the wrong time, I'm behind on other things... UGH.

I got a call from the surgeon's office. I wanted a fill on Friday, but can't do it cuz my surgeon does all his own fills, and he is out on Friday. That kind of sucks. I go in tomorrow morning at 8:30 for one. I gained 7 pounds! I need to update my ticket. Between my period, all the salt I ate, and the pounds I'm sure I put on, I earned it. I'll be back to "normal" within a week though. Just to be sure, I shouldn't be able to eat a Filet-o-Fish sammich, right? LOL

VaB - sorry you're sick. What did you eat? UGH Get some rest.

bk - supper slump? No fun. I like chicken-noodle casseroles, Pasta bakes, salmon with potatoes, and other things. I also cook with my crock pot a lot - if you want recipes let me know and I'll email you some.

Hope everyone else is having a great Monday!

Nathalie

Do YOU want to lose 6 pounds in one day?? Well....let me introduce to you the New and Improved...SB Diet!! Yes ladies...you too can lose 6 pounds in 1 day, just by getting a Stomach Bug!! LOL Seriously.....I think I lost every ounce of Water and other Fluid that was in my body yesterday!! But....Today I'm slowly bouncing back, as I'm sure the pounds will too but DANG was it nice to get on the scale and see a 6 pound drop! LOL

Brandy...Hope I didn't give you my bug!!! Feel better girl! Thanks for that suggestion of anti vomiting meds...fortunately I didn't need it as I only puked that one time yesterday...everything else came out the other end if ya know what I mean! ;-)

Steph....glad your DS fighting wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be and that you got your YOU time!

NAt....sorry to hear that the time change is messing w/things at work. I've already had that same problem too!! I know think that the stomach bug I got wasn't from anything I ate, but rather from someone at my sons wrestling party I came in contact with b/c my Son woke up on Sunday (at his dads house) with the exact same bug! And since we only saw each other on Friday of last week, it had to have been someone at the party...ugh...so my poor youngest son had to play nurse to me and my older son last night we were both so out of it!

Anyways, I'm back on the upswing....hoping that I don't stuff my face now that I've got my hunger back! Would love to keep at least 1 or 2 of the 6 pounds I lost off ;-)

VA--well that is something for me to look forward to as well then! lol..my tummy feels awful and I sitting in class...yuck..

Nat--I agree I am all messed up too! class starts in 5 minutes and out of 300 people there are less than 10 here! lol..so it isn't just us either! :)

Thanks to everyone for the food and meal tips really appreciate it

Nat so you get a fill tommorrow you butthead

steph yeah I cook with my families and eat with them but now that I am banded can not eat all the same food they crave

I will try some of the slow cook meals

Morning ladies!

Glad some of you are feeling better, and for those just coming down with the bug, I hope you get better soon!

Nat - the time change has totally messed with my work schedule - I'm having to reconfirm every stinking meeting so I know whether my calendar online is right or not! But, I like it staying light later earlier so I guess I can't complain *too* much!

Ok, I have a question for you guys. Do you really believe in the concept that your body will go into starvation mode if you eat too few calories? After my last fill, I was OK for a week, dropping weight (mainly the TOM leftover Water weight, but whatever) and now in the past few days I'm WAY tighter, so I'm not eating much. Since Friday, I've been steady on the weight (grrrr), yet I've been working out and eating very little. I would have expected a half lb or lb in 3 days, given what I'm doing!

So I understand the philosophy that if you eat less your metabolism slows, but doesn't that kind of fly in the face of the gastric bypass results? They lose TONS because basically what they eat doesn't get absorbed (i.e. it's like they aren't eating). This has always confused me.

Thoughts?

bk- the start of a great week ok!!! we are on a go !!

nat- my screen name gives it away lol I am mexican . My first language are both english and spanish and spanglish lol I am tryin to relocate to the aurora , st charles or naperville area in IL maybe in a couple of month so pray for me it would be my dream come true.

bev-any yoga videos you recomand ?

have a great monday girls !!

clau:clap2:

wow... ok ladies... it was a great weekend. good story for ya

I dont know if you remember or not, but I was really excited becuase this past weekend I was going to Indianapolis to see my best friend, Eric. We've been friends like this for 8 years.

anyway...

He is a "skinny" girl lover. So, hence he and I never hooking up. I never considered the possibility. Apparently, he must of REALLY missed me...

He tried to seduce me on Friday night :eek: OMG. After 8 years??? what the heck?

He and I had both had a couple of drinks, and we were out at a bar together. He wouldnt go hit on any of the women there like usual. (which was strange) He is a LADIES MAN. Attractive, a massage therapist, a musician. He was kind of quite and unlike himself. He kept coming and checking on me. (usually I never see him once he finds some girl to talk to). ha.

Well, then he wanted to go home early. (also strange) Then, we got back and he wanted to watch this TV show that he'd downloaded. He said, "well, lets just watch it in my room so we dont wake everyone up." (his roommate are two other friends of ours).

I get in the room (completely oblivious to what is going on) and he turns around, gives me "the look" and does the husky-man-bedroom voice and says, "shut the door."

:eek: I must have looked like a combination of "idiot" crossed with "deer in headlights" becuase it wasnt until then that I finally figured it out. HA.

Well, long story short. Things went far... but not THAT far. I am so glad I hadnt been drinking much. If it wasnt for me talking him out of everything... it would have totally happened. It was so hard to say no. Which confused me even more. We are NOT supposed to be thinking about each other that way. I haven't been anywhere near another man since my huband. Never even wanted to be, but it just seemed ok with him. I guess it is because we are so close.

It was really nice though. We were laughing and giggling in between him "pulling the moves." In fact, I think we both had way too much fun... What we figured out is that we couldn't do anything because we are TOO close. We tell each other "I love you" (i dont know if that is normal between male/female friends or not) which came up in the middle of all of this too. I don't think you can have a 'casual' encounter with someone if you love them. It is going to end up meaning something. I dont think either one of us was ready to deal with THAT.

We were laying there just cuddling. He was trying to tell me why we "should". I was trying to rationalize why I shouldnt. I looked at him and I said, "I love you... you know." He looked back and said, "I love you too." Then, finally he just looks at me and says, "You have to go. It is not safe for you to stay here."

(seriously, he said it) HA! (one of my favorite lines of the night).

I was laughing (both of us were the whole time)... and I said, "Cant you control yourself around me anymore?"

He smiled, squeezed my hand, and said, "Trust me. You need to go to the other room..... Now."

So, I sat up and sat there for like 5 minutes. Trying to make myself leave.

We both knew I was fighting it out in my head. All the sudden, I felt him touch my back and (before I could change my mind) I bolted for the door. Slammed it shut behind me. Then I sat out there on the couch breathing way to heavily for the next hour NOT sleeping at all.

There is your "Young and the Restless" for the weekend ladies... ha

I cant tell any of my friends from there. They DONT have a clue. So, I figured you ladies might get a kick out of it. He and I are totally ok with it which is probably strange too... we hung out the rest of the weekend. I even helped him set up his "match.com" webpage so he could meet the hot, skinny woman of his dreams. (ha) Although Saturday night, he didnt hang out when we got home from a party. He kind of smiled at me as if to say, "you know why." Then, he shut the door and went straight to bed. ha. I guess things are "safer" in the light of day.

(sigh) boy, that was a confusing weekend. Didnt see that coming.

love ya all!

Morning ladies!

Glad some of you are feeling better, and for those just coming down with the bug, I hope you get better soon!

Nat - the time change has totally messed with my work schedule - I'm having to reconfirm every stinking meeting so I know whether my calendar online is right or not! But, I like it staying light later earlier so I guess I can't complain *too* much!

Ok, I have a question for you guys. Do you really believe in the concept that your body will go into starvation mode if you eat too few calories? After my last fill, I was OK for a week, dropping weight (mainly the TOM leftover Water weight, but whatever) and now in the past few days I'm WAY tighter, so I'm not eating much. Since Friday, I've been steady on the weight (grrrr), yet I've been working out and eating very little. I would have expected a half lb or lb in 3 days, given what I'm doing!

So I understand the philosophy that if you eat less your metabolism slows, but doesn't that kind of fly in the face of the gastric bypass results? They lose TONS because basically what they eat doesn't get absorbed (i.e. it's like they aren't eating). This has always confused me.

Thoughts?

I personally feel it is crap, but I am no Dr...lol...I agree though I think RenY paitents would NEVER loose if this was true!

i had taken a sonata and posted that illegible post im so so sorry! itw as waaaay badly spelled and insanely long.

anyway i read some of the amounts of food eaten on here and i couldnt believe it, because my fill wont allow me to eat those amounts.

i throw it up. anyway today marks FORTY pounds welll -38 - lost since dec 21.

i look like a normal human= lean almost, cept im going for skinny, i only need ten more poun ds and ill be happy.

banded dec 21

in los angeles

starting weight 182

my daily meals consost of two shakes and whatever i want in tiny tiny amounts at night. my fill is 1.75. i need another one as this one is stretching and i think ill get 10 ccs more.

sorry again about that weird sleeping pill post! Sonata is a weird pill, non narcotic buit makes you ramble and write people you barely know etc. i really must stay off the net after i take one.:clap2:

gonnabe

almost am.

Thank you. :eek:

I'm 5'8.

So, I've decided to buy the bodybugg and I've decided I need another fill. When you can eat a NY style piece of pizza (slowly of course) I think you don't have enough restriction! So, in two weeks I will go for another fill.

i too ate almost an entire sice the other day, thats why om going for 10ccs more.

gonna be