Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Well, i took my one month pictures... i cant tell a difference... ggggrrrr

I guess you can see my collar bones now... and I think maybe I lost some in my arms... my belly was showing in my pics (thanks alot to the camera man for telling me)... so now I dont want to post them on here... ha

I will put them on yahoo though... I dont know where that 9 lbs was that I lost... i sure cant tell.

----------------------

Nat -- love you too hon! Dont let a damn man get you down. Do as i say, not as I do... :-) don't get into a "brandi" funk.... that is what drinking and crying is you know. hehe (hugs) if he was that much trouble THAT soon... imagine how much trouble he would have been later

Steph - so glad ive found all of you too! I've been lazy as well... dont feel bad

Bannanie - oh yes, I did a happy dance when I got ahold of that title, and it didnt leave my hands the rest of the day.

The old car with bad brakes... is a hunk of JUNK. so, it is off to the scrap yard. So LONG, and good riddance.

---------------------------

I am a bit worried girls. I have this bad pain on my left side (above my stomach) that wont go away. It has hurt since Tuesday when I had my bad virus (throwing up 3 times). If I breath deep, or stretch up... it hurts.

I am afraid I damaged something. Wouldnt THAT be my luck. One sick day and trouble.... I sure hope not, but it doesnt seem to be letting up. I am hoping that if I give it a few days that it will be ok. I am just worried. :girl_hug:

I hate to run to the Dr. but it sure does hurt.

Nat--I am sorry sweetie you are upset. Just cry and let it all out! Crying is better than stress eating! :girl_hug: I'll cry with you, I feel like crap lately.

Vab--you need to take care of yourself too! Don't always put everyone else first or you will all be in trouble. After all if Mom falls down, we all fall down! :) Take some me time!

Steph--You lucky girl! Enjoy your time off! I am so jelous. I am on Spring Break from MSU but it hasn't been much of a break at all. Too much going on! Wear those pj's proud girl, you deserve it once and awhile! :)

BV--Go to the Dr and get checked out! Better safe than sorry!

As far as me, I am a freaking mess. I am very worried I am going to end up divorced soon. All we do is fight over everything. Nothing I do is ever right. THe D word has been said no less than every other day lately. The girls are getting really upset all of the time. And DH said no to counceling. I just don't see much hope anymore. :cake: I wish I could just disappear for years.....ugh...

BBK - believe me when I say it will get better - if you can hang on during the hardest hit times it will get better. There was a time in our marriage when I really was at the brink of divorce, even my kids would say why don't you just divorce him (yes it was his fault) and I talked with our pastor about it, whats better/worse raising kids in all that turmoil or without a dad? He did go to counciling only because he thought they would tell him he was right and I was wrong...wrong. They told us what was wrong and how to fix it - there wasn't any right or wrong in it. We finally sat down and decided what we wanted to see in our life 10 years from now. (that was about 10 years ago) - and we both had the same goal. We know from family members that divorce isn't the answer to finacial problems, it actually makes it 100x worse, and we've seen that the "new" spouse isn't any better then the ex, just a new set of problems. And we both love our kids so much that we didn't want them to be uncomfortable in our home, even after they left - you know like my neice feels more comfortable at my house then her moms, cuz its mom and Ken's house and her dads is dad and Tracy's house - The whole step-parent syndrome. SOOOOOOOOOOOO we worked it out, we went to counciling and got a budget, we still struggle with fighting over money, but its so much better now, we don't go to bars without the other - especially the out drinking thing - we can't do it, but we do go out without each other to things like sports/hunting for him, movies/lunch/shopping for me. It works for us and the last thing is sex. Keep the sex life going at all costs! Because there are plenty of days when you will wake up and say I hate him, why did I ever marry him and then you have sex that night and it seems to restore the love again. So this may not work for everyone - we didnt' have cheating or anything like that - mostly fought over money and control and no abuse so don't think for a moment that I pass judgement on anyone who does get divorced - Lord knows I wouldn't put up with alot of crap men throw at women. I'm just saying it can get better. I also have to say the real turning point in our marriage was when my husband got on zoloft - anti-depression/stress meds. He became the man that I could love all over again. He was so stressed with work/money/kids/wife/life that he was miserable and miserable to live with. Now at this point of our life, he still needs the zoloft, but not always, it depends on the job now and not his home life. And our kids are just about raised so we don't have that stress anymore, I make more money then I had back then, life is good. We are almost back to that pre/children stage again. We were married 5 years before my first was born and it was good - we are pretty much there again, we date, just the 2 of us go to dinner and spend the day together - that used to be unheard of.

Wow was that ever a sermon! Sorry ladies, I got off on a tangent. My whole point is life is full of mountains and valleys, whether we are fat or skinny, we will still have a life full of mountains and valleys, you just have to remember that this too shall pass. The bad times pass but the good times also pass - its a full circle.

Bman don't wait, go to the dr. At least CALL him! Hey DrC - Bman need your advice!

Have a good day ladies - I actually am getting dress today and going in to work, then the grocery store, lucky me. Tomorrow we are going to UFC in Ohio with son and dil to watch some of the guys he practices with fight. I'm kinda afraid to watch - I loved wrestling but don't think I can handle watching my son get knocked out. He's not fighting tomorrow, he doesnt' have a fight until this summer sometime. But I figured I better go because its important to him. I just don't like it, I can't watch it on tv so I don't know what I'll do at a live fight - geesh! I can watch until someone gets knocked out then thats it for me, I'm outa the room. Gives me chills just thinking about it.

Nat _ I am fine no more fills for me until the 27th and then I am still not sure that ticks me off but I will have to deal with the 1cc

sorry things for you are not going well hope they get better

and the kids about the same we still have not got another court date

b man I agree call the doc

brandi sorry to hear about the tough times in your marriage good luck

I am about to go to work see ya

And Maurdan - what's shakin gal? I hope the rest of you are hanging in there.

Nathalie

I'm hanging in there! I haven't had the amazing progress some of you have, but it's my own damn fault. Right now, I'm still trying to figure out if I need another fill. I hate PBing as much as I do, but I can still eat way too much. Last night with my spaghetti proved it. I just don't know what to do. Frustrating!

My goal is to really work the band the next two weeks and see if it's me or a fill I need to fix.

I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. I hope your weekend in Chicago is great!

Quick checkin!

BMan....I was going to have a friend take some 'in progress' pics, but am afraid to b/c I'm afraid I'll get discouraged if I don't see a difference from my pre op pic!

Boo....Sorry to hear about your marriage problems! :-( I've been there, done that, although mine were b/c my Ex was cheating on me, but if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM Me.

Steph...great marriage advice! Good luck watching your son fight! Do what I do sometimes when my son is struggling in his wrestling matches, just close your eyes!! ;-) LOL Even if you're not watching, at least he knows you're there supporting him!

NAT....yes, MEN do SUCK!! AND it sucks being single too! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side huh?? Although I guess I'd rather be alone for the right reasons than with someone for the wrong reasons (I stole that line from a movie).

Ok, sorry to everyone else I missed commenting on...Claud, Kay, BK, Maud, and anyone else.

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes for my son! He's doing great! the Dr. actually cleared him today to go back to school on Monday which is a week earlier than anticipated! He's not in much pain so he seems to be healing well...AND I've managed to catch up on sleep!

OH yeah, one last thing I wanted to comment on: the being afraid of getting skinny thing! I'm with you all on that......on the one hand I'm dying to be skinny, but on the other I have no idea how to LIVE in that skinny body once I get there, ya know??

I am glad to know I'm not the only one struggling right now. I still seem to have pretty good restriction, but am munching more than I should be and that packs on the extra calories...ugh....how do we all get over this hump? Any great ideas???

Anyways, I'm off to my sons end of the year wrestling party....hope you all have a good weekend!

good morning ladies - I couldn't sleep, another Saturday morning and I'm up at 5:30 - I tell you I drive myself crazy!

To all who are wondering what the hell is up with the restriction and fills - I talked with my PA yesterday about getting another fill, I'm up to 5cc's (10cc band) and I told him I have started snacking again and not losing weight. Yeah I hit onederland and I haven't lost another pound since! I also said I've only had the golfball in the chest 2x. He said thats good, that tells us we are getting to the sweetspot, he went on to describe the sweetspot as the place where you have enough in your band so that you no longer need aggresive fills. He said its when you get to the point where you only need .3 cc, or even .1 to give you restriction again. And I understand we won't do that under fluro, he'll be able to just give me these small fills in the office. Just thought I'd let you in on that - you all may have known it but it was news to me.

About afraid of getting skinny - Oprah had that on again the other day, about women who have had wls and then picked up a new vice because they never have dealt with the reason they got fat in the first place. Good grief! Now what do we have to look forward to! Then I saw Star Jones on tv last night - just a pic about how much weight she's lost. She had the band, I'm pretty sure of it. Now they are talking about her being too thin! I don't know about all of you, but I'm telling you right now I'm not going to be one of "them" - WE have each other and WE need to continue to talk about our fears and pains, our hopes and joys and then I think WE will be ok. I think the worse part is keeping it bottled up. If we are accountable to each other and tell each other things like ... now that I'm thin its so much fun to go out drinking ... or I love the way guys come on to me now and its hard to resist the attention... then our 'steadies' say hey be careful and keep us accountable I think we'll be ok. I know you all are my only support system - real support system - because you all know, been there done that - compared to the skinny friend telling me how to feel.

Ok I promised myself I wouldn't post another LONG one. Sorry about that tirade on marriage, I had a dream this morning that someone posted a comment that went .. unlike StephC's idea of marriage... LOL seriously I got on to see if I had offended anyone! I was ready to delete it - but it was just a dream.

Va - so glad your son is doing better and back to school so soon! I hope you are taking "me time" now. Did you enjoy the wrestling party? As for ideas on how not to munch - someone tell me too! I can do so well until evening! I bought some popcicles yesterday, but then ate ice cream instead! I even measure out 1/2 cup so I try to con myself into thinking its ok. I need to clean out my cupboards again, somehow they've gotten filled with junk again and I'm the one eating it. I really need to go back to work ft again - this being home and bored is really hard for me and my band.

Have a great day my lovely ladies!

Thanks all of you for your support right now! I need it. It isn't a cheating thing that is going on, so maybe that will make it better right? We have been together since we were in h.s. 14 1/2 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if we are too different now. But I can't imagine life without him. The big D word hasn't been said in a few days. So maybe there is hope.

And Steph--It didn't offend me at all. I appreciate it! :)

Otherwise I am not loosing weight BUT I am in a size 16/18 now! YEAH! I started at a size 30!!! I am still amazed that I am getting so small. When I bought the new jeans size 18 I thought these are for a few months from now. They are so big I am having to wear a belt! :mad: So it is good to know not everything sucks for me right now.

AND on a personal note, if I end up in jail for killing a girl scout, ya'all I am sorry and I love you all! I can not take one more of those freaking things in my face before I hurt someone. And I would NEVER EVER want to hurt an innocent girl scout. BUT please keep those things away I can not say no!

boo you are so funny I love the Cookies too but have said no this yr my kids are like mom we always buy those

good news ladies I have not pb since going to the doc last monday I am getting to know my band better I am not losing but feel that I am patient and it will start my doc thinks I should not be losing much right now because as he puts it I am not a lapband patient until I get to the sweetspot

I am not gaining and eating small meals and tracking on fitday and working out but I think I am too stressed out to lose weight for real

this court deal with the boys is killing me and I get sick at my tummy thinking of it anyways I still hope to start losing before my next doc appt

Boo, I cannot wait to be a sizew 16/18. You go girl! Part of me feels like that will be my goal, part of me wants to get smaller. Right now, I'd settle for anything smaller than my current size (26/28...more on the 28 side).

I am seriously thinking about getting a BodyBugg to help with the exercise thing. However, it's pretty expensive and I was self-pay with the band so I am trying to rationalize why I'd spend even more money when the band was supposed to do it.

Anyway, I had a NSV today. Even though I think I still eat too much, I know I'm eating less than before. Typically, I'd order a 3 plank chicken dinner with extra hushpuppies and a large soda from LJS, but today I just ordered 2 chicken planks and 2 hushpuppies (those did not go down well so they are on my do not eat list). I know it's more than I should be able to eat (which is why I really think I need a fill), but it's A LOT less than I used to eat. And I ate the chicken planks with a knife and fork instead of sucking them down. I was proud of myself.

Hey Chicas -

Chicago is fabulous. I have been eating like my old fat self and I'm miserable. Tomorrow (HA!) I'm back on the bandwagon. I still have an appoinment with chips and dip. We went to Uncle Julio's Hacienda yesterday for messican and gotdamn it was DELICIOUS! I washed everything down with 2 margaritas and was zooted. Then I ate cake for dinner. I can't tell if it's my period, the man-stress, my job-stress, obstinance, depression or just plain greed. But I don't think I'll have a problem going back to liquids and whips for a couple days and then get back on my "band plan."

I bought a new stroller for DS yesterday - a Baby Jogger. The guy was so funny, telling me it was for light to moderate jogging. I said, "Ummm, I do about as much jogging as you do." HAHAH He was a tubby little man. He said, "Don't get fooled by my jelly. I run all the time!" We were cracking up. I bought it in red, and I bought it with the intension of running once the weather breaks.

Maurdan, how tall are you? And way to go with your eating. I know it's hard to pull back, but way to go!

Admittedly, I didn't read everyone's post, but only cuz the boy is fighting for my attention. I'll post when I get home and do personals for everyone.

Hope you remembered to spring forward and that you're all having a great day! We're stopping in Michigan City on the way home - I need silverware and a new bedspread. Something bright and spring-timey. The one I have now is about 6 years old. I need a change.

Love you ladies!

Nathalie

Maurd--don't worry it will happen sooner than you think, trust me! Then you will be like me. I look at the 16 now and still think this will not fit me. still have fat Brandy mentality. But it will and you will love it! :girl_hug: Congrats on holding back! :girl_hug:

Nat--you go girl! The little man will have a blast in it! I had one with my girls! :girl_hug:

BV--I am glad you are no longer pbing! :girl_hug: Step in the right direction!

Ok Ladies.....I think I got food poisioning last night at dinner w/a friend. Woke up this AM having the runs....BAD...and feeling like I was going to puke momentarily! Stayed in bed as long as I could but Dog forced me out to let her do her business. I managed to stay standing long enough to get that done and came back in and crashed on the couch. I've been running to the bathroom every 1/2 hr despite the fact that I've only eaten a few saltines and had some Water. A few minutes ago, I couldn't hold it down anylonger and PUKED....sorry for being so gross, but this is the first real throwing up I've done since banded and I'm worried about damaging it!! I feel a little better now, and hope that I won't be doing it again, but have any of you been this sick since banding?? DO I need to go back to liquids for a few days b/c I've irritated it?

Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

ps. NAT...glad you'er having fun in Chicago!

Nat happy you are having fun

maurd I agree maybe we can do better together

okay ladies I am in a slump I call it the supper slump yall prob call it the dinner slump what ever you call it I mean the meal at night

anyhow every since lapband I have been a bad wife and mom and only cooking easy meals like taco salad spagetti Soups meatloaf

anyways I was wondering what yall cooked for your family i really need some ideas thanks for the help and oh yeah from chicken to taco Soup ever need soup recipes I am your woman

thanks again oh and ladies I lost a lb this morning hip hip hooray

Hey va I have thrown up my share of times since being banded and my doc suggest just to tell him so he can check it out during the next fill