Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

:scales:I'm in ONEDERLAND! :clap2: Its been a long time since I've been in the 90's and it feels like I hit my first goal. :) I don't know if its because I'm dehydrated from this stupid cold or that I just needed a couple of low days to get there. I have decided to believe my scale bc when I was in the other day for my fill it was the same as the dr's scale (within a pound). I got on this morning and it said 199, I stepped off and back on about 5 times and it kept saying 198 or 199 -woohoo!

To Nikki and all of you who feel like its work - I'm with ya on that one. BUT then I also think we don't have enough of a fill either. I'm not going to wait around like I did this past month. If I feel I'm eating too much or its a struggle I'm going back in asap for another fill. We paid for this band we should get it to work for us - Lord knows none of us would have gotten it if we had the will power in ourselves. I'm going to try to do as my dr and Bmans nurse said about eating the heavier foods - not too wet. I knew not to be drinking shakes and stuff bc they go on thro, but I didn't think about the sauces and casseroles. Thats what they call working with the band. I also know if I drink too soon it washes it all down faster.

I also think exercise is the key to faster weight loss. I feel so much better about myself when I exercise everyday. I think I probably would have gained weight this past month if I wasn't walking the treadmill everyday. (except for the week mom was here)

I feel better today - I think yesterday was my worse day for having a cold - you know the watery eyes, nose runs when you least expect it to - I went to the drug store and got some triamedic strips that melt in your mouth like the gasx strips. I think they are for kids 6-12 so instead of taking one I took 3. I think they helped. I took the actifed early and I dont' think it digested for hours or it didnt' help. BTW thanks for all the suggestions, I can't take Nyquil, it makes me jittery and keeps me awake - yeah I know stupid but it works the opposite on me. I did take a sleeping pill and got a good nights sleep last night. The night before I was waking up during the night to blow my nose.

Nat - sorry to hear the friend has a jealous streak in him. On the one hand it shows he cares and is thinking of you as more then a friend. But on the other hand you dont' want a man that could turn ugly either. Family time is important so I'm glad you were able to spend the time together. I was just thinking about the jealous thing - how would you have felt if the tables were turned and he was in Fla with his ex and baby? Would you have been able to say oh thats nice or would it eat at you inside? I would say it would eat at me. I always tell my kids when they tell me how wrong the bf/gf was that maybe if the table were turned they would have acted the same way. Just a thought. Enjoy the sun you lucky girl!

Claudia - sorry to hear of the ex - funerals are always hard. When people ask how you lost weight just tell them I'm eating less and exercising more. Its not a lie.

Kay sounds like you and hubby had a nice date. Even tho its been hard for me dealing with the empty nest I have to admit I do enjoy my husband so much more now. Its funny how when the kids are little life revolves around them and now we can actually enjoy each other a little more. But enjoy those moments alone I know they don't come often enough. And yeah we found out I'm a cheap date too. LOL Hope the exam went well.

Nikki - 28 lbs in 2 1/2 months is great! I know 40 sounds better but thats like 10 lbs a month! I want to lose between 10-15 a month so what you've done sounds wonderful! I've only lost about 31 lbs since my pre-op diet, and there are times I'm very discouraged but then when 2 more come off its like YES! Like my dr said even 1 lb a week is still 52 lbs in a year. Go for a fill I'll bet you feel better.

Steph- I am so proud of you for being in the 100's go girl congrats

B-man glad your feel went awesome That is neat about the meat going right through with sauce. I always dip mine in mustard I need to stop that

va good luck with son's surgery

Wow Steph!!! ONEDERLAND!!! VERY Impressive!!! Congratulations girl!!

Glad to hear your cold is subsiding already...lucky you!! :)

;):)

STEPH! GREAT JOB!!! I can't wait to hit Onederland!

B-MAN! GREAT JOB!!! 50 lbs!!!!

Everyone is doing so well!!!

thanks ladies - but remember my bmi is still 35 - I'm just short. But it does feel so good to finally hit it. Its been 2 years since I last saw the 190's.

Va - I do feel better today but I still have the cold. I'm going to do the treadmill today - yesterday I couldn't get off the couch (after I got home from work) - I swear by zinc. I even broke one in half to get it in yesterday. Hows your fill going? Still at the sweet spot? I just ate half of an english muffin - and I feel full. Well that was round 9 and its now - 11ish - I took a drink of Water and it felt like it was sitting in my chest. WAY different then how I was feeling before. I hope it lasts. I'm off to the treadmill - I taped AI last night, I peeked at who lost - but want to walk while I watch.

How about survivor - is it as frustrating for you all as it is me when the one team keeps losing? grrrr - and how about the b - Lisi - geesh I can't stand her! She said the alliance is 5 not 6 when she wrote the other girls name down. I thought how odd that they all would rather have comforts then keep a member of the tribe. I hope things turn around now for the other tribe.

STEPH....YES!!! I still feel like I'm at my sweet spot!! Yesterday I bought a croissant sandwich w/turkey, cheese, tomatoes, and bacon in it (I know, fattening, but a friend had recommended it!), and I could only eat 1/2 of it!! I am down 5 pounds since the fill and it'll be 2 weeks on Monday, so I guess I'm right on track! And that's w/out exercising! I am definitely going to get back into it this week! I put my MARCH GOAL as losing 10 pounds plus doing at least 15 days of exercise. I know I can do it!

As for Survivor, I didn't watch last nights episode yet (it's TIVO'd), but yes, it is VERY Frustrating that that one team keeps losing! They totally could have won last week but they just couldn't keep it together.

AI was interesting last night...I was honestly shocked at who DIDNT get voted off!! One guy one girl I thought for SURE needed to go but didn't!

I'm also a big fan of Greys Anatomy so it's sad for me to see all the negative press about a few of the actors lately....yes, I' watch way too much tv! ;-)

:) Ok need your help again like always .

well . I have been wanting to relocate to Il and maybe I will . I summited my transfer to IL and my paperwork is on its way . if I get the position I will need to get license and they give me 6 months and if I fail I am SOL if no position is available but its the risk I got to take . This is the beginnig of my dreams come true and I will go for it so . I need all of your prayers and posotive vibes to help me ok pls .

I will keep you posted !!

Thanks a million !!

clau

Hi Everyone!

I took the final in one of my two classes last night (the other class meets once a month through April)! Two hours of solid writing! I am so happy to be done with that class. Because of all of the papers to write and reading to do, I feel like I haven't moved in months! I start two more classes next week--I'm about halfway done my degree!

After reading your posts I think I'm going to use my tax refund to buy a treadmill. Maybe I can do the reading for my classes while I’m on the treadmill?? Anyone have any advice on what type or brand of treadmill is best?

My weight loss isn't too bad (30 pounds since December), but I'd like to speed things up a bit because I didn't lose much during February. Even if it didn't seem like I lost weight on the scale, I do fit into several outfits now that didn't fit in back in January and they are loose!

I just had my second fill on March 1st! This was the first time the doctor used the x-ray machine. I felt like I was on an episode of House or something. I’m a science geek, so I thought it was pretty cool! I’m hoping the larger fill will help speed up my weight loss, too. I'm doing the two days of liquids, then two days of mushies thing right now.

Again, I only had time to read some of your posts tonight.

VA Bandster—Awesome job reaching your goal and for hitting your “sweet spot”!

Beversman—Sorry to hear you’re “stuck!” One of my colleagues just had to have a biopsy done. Hers came back benign, so I’ll pray for the same outcome for you!

Sassy—I’ve been feeling like an incredible lump lately. I think maybe I’m just overtired. I’m sure you’ll bounce back again soon! Hang in there!

Nathalie—I’m green with envy! :) I want to be on vacation!!!

StephC—I love your pics! You’re looking so good! :faint:

It sounds like several of you have been struggling with big snowstorms. We still haven’t had any snow here in southern Virginia. It’s weird since I’m from New Hampshire. Sometimes we have a big storm in March or early April. We’ll see!

Well, I’m hoping to actually have some fun this weekend—I’m so sick and tired of studying! :)

Keep up the good work everyone! Thanks for being an inspiration!! :clap2:

i tgoo have lost 30 pounds since dec 21 but the scale sticks rightthere at 152 and doesnt move for a eeek now-= i bog my first fill and got sepa- i c ouldnt swallow my won spit an dhad to ahev the dr coem over and unfill me and refillme at modnoght, it was awvful do im 1.75 now , instea do fthe 1,9 i was triung fo rbut i still cant eat- im in shakes and i eat abotu 6-900 c alories a day- wtcf? why cant i beat this 152? i have to be 135 asap, im ana ctress and i promised my agent i would turn up inmy size 4 leather pants, i wanttos atr buying sixes instea diom a six on bottoma nd an eight ont op and actresses in my category dont get hired at size eight- they just dont- when iw as on Atkins allthe time and supe rthin i got offered some major major roles- thnats the game out here- but i cant bdeat this 152.4 on my scale and im PISSED.

ive tried the slaine flush the wate rretention pills and body wraps and exercise too tho not much- i dont have alot of energy.

anyone else even plateua like this- ims o osick of seeing those numbers i could kick some booty.

and i cant get any more restricted or illget sepa again.

sepa blockage i think is the correct term.

any support would be welcome.

tyhanks

your secret actress........gonna be

Claudia Good Luck Vibes Have Been Sent Your Way

Transformer I Just Use The Treadmill At The Gym So Not Sure Which Would Be The Best Buy

I Was Wondering Ladies I Go To A Member Only Gym Coed And The Men Are Starting To Get On My Nerves Any Of You Go To A Women's Only Gym Just Wondering My Contract Is Up In Like 2 Months And Not Sure I Want To Renew It

... wow

So today is my last day in paradise. The expected high is 87. Guess where my flabby ass is gonna be? Yeah, laying by the pool! ALL. DAY. I got lots of sun yesterday, too. I am soooo happy to be here. I totally feel rejuvenated. We got another 6" of snow up home over the past 2 days, so I know I'm going back to some freezing cold BS. UGH I hope we don't get sick.

Things are back on track with my friend. Being apart for 2 weeks at the start of a relationship has us both tilted. We talked things out, he felt disrespected, I felt he was being ridiculous. I think we'll be 100% ok when I see him again. We're supposed to get together tomorrow afternoon for a couple hours. He has his son, so there won't be much in the way of hanky panky.

I have been eating my ass off since I've been here. Sabra makes hummus that i have been KILLING. Oh man, it is SO GOOD! I haven't exercised as much as I would have liked, but I am confident that my scale will say 24X. I have to pack tonight, and do a few loads of laundry. Also need to get cash for the trip home.

DS just woke up, so let me jet. I need to get him cleaned up, fed and dressed so we can scoot out to the pool. I want to be out there by 10. Not much else to report.

OH! Have any of you eaten sushi since being banded? Did I tell you about my sushi escapade? NOT CUTE. I was in the parking lot with a gigantic LUMP in my chest, spitting up and trying to puke. I think it was the seaweed wrap. Not cool. I hadn't had sushi since 12/04 - before I knew I was pregnant! It was so good, but ... no more, I guess.

Steph - 199? CONGRATULATIONS YOU SKINNY BITCH! :eek: I am so jealous! At 199 I'd be walkin around like Beyonce, do you hear me? ahahah That is fabulous. And girl, you're never too harsh toward me. You know I appreciate "straight arrows." Love ya, girl!

More personals later.

XOXO,

N.

Hello girls! So what was up yesterday? I tried on and off all day to get on LBT and couldn't get on. Was the whole site down?

I finally got the "stuck" feeling yesterday - wow scarey. I was eating an egg for bk and took too big of a bite of the white, I dont' know if I even chewed bc it just kinda slides down. Thought I was having a heart attack! I just put my plate away - and took a drink of hot coffee and waited. After about 10 minutes it went away and I was able to finish eating. I took little tiny bites and chewed well - lesson learned!

I didnt' exercise the past 2 days - but I'm getting my butt on the treadmill today. Transformer I got my treadmill about 3 years ago at Sears. I think we paid $300-$400 for it. I like it because it has everything displayed. distance, calories, fat calories, time... that stuff - if I walk at 3 miles per hour I burn close to 200 cal in a half hour. But I think most of them do have all that on them. I really need to get out and ski some more but since I had the cold I just don't want to go out in the cold.

Nat I hope you enjoyed your day (week) in the sun - so jealous! We got dumped on again yesterday too. Crazy weather! On Friday it was 52 and then it snows Sat & Sun. I'm glad things are better with the man - you're right about being apart at the beginning of the relationship its a maker or breaker. And I'm FAR from skinny! I felt so freaking fat the last couple days! It hasn't helped that I ate potato chips and girl scout Cookies yesterday either! My dd said see this is why we don't have potato chips in the house - we eat them until they are gone! I try not to buy that junk but she brought a bag home with her and I can't eat just one. And the Cookies - one stinking box left and thats it! Theres 150 calories in 2 cookies! Thats absolutely insane!

Today I will eat healthy and exercise.

Well guess what? I went out and skied today. Its always the thought of exercising thats harder to do then the actual doing.

Where is everyone today? Nat are you home?

Stephanie - YOU MAKE ME SICK! Now I've got chips and dip on the brain. Ooooh, I love chips and dip.

I'll have to email you and KayDoll... *giggle*

Back at home. The trip home was uneventful. It was a beautiful day to fly, even though we came home to the freezing cold. I think there's more snow outside now than there was when I left. DS looked out the window from home *extremely* puzzled and said (what I took to be) "No Water... SNOW!" Ain't that the truth, kid?!

I lost **are you ready girls?** 0.5 pounds last week. WTF? I knew I hadn't lost a lot, but half a damn pound? Shit, I'm at two fitty. So it's time for me to get serious about taking this weight off and do it. no more wine, no more margaritas... *sigh* NO more hummus. Lean meats, cottage cheese - maybe I'll go back to the whips for a while.

Last night at 10pm I was standing in the kitchen scarfing down pizza. (Leftover from dinner) This morning I'm eating dried apricots, had a Protein drink and am planning to have chicken and spinach for dinner.

I had to pull my hair into a bun today because it's sooooooo jacked up from the Water and humidity. I'm going to get it done before work tomorrow.

Who was it who mentioned a March goal? Can I join in? I know it's late, but I'd like to do my elliptical 16 times before March 31 and lose 10 pounds. Starting from my weight today: 250.0

*sigh* I hate being fat.