Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Steph - I hope this fill works awesome for you

Va- hope you get better soon

boo- that pa should have listened to you

you know your body

My scale has been stuck I am ill I have lost about 15 lbs with the lapband and had it two months very ill a lot of my weight loss came from my pre-op diet

Maurden -- i have the same problem. I definitely feel like I can eat too much, but at times I still feel it "going down" slow. Like you said, when eating too fast.

I have another fill today. I am not looking forward to it. I know I havent lost but 2lbs since two weeks ago at my last fill. I was doing so well before. So, yes, glad to be getting fill... but NO not happy to have to go step on the scale and admit ive been sucking it up.

I ran a little over a mile last night. I miss having my elliptical.

I havent been to the gym this week... on account of my biopsy, and then NOT having a car. I borrowed a car from my grandmother yesterday. So, now I can get from point A to point B until I make other arrangments.

So, I should be going to Yoga tonight. Its been a week.

I will let you all know how the fill goes. I sure need one.

ive lost 28lb since 15th of december ..i think im a little disappointed isnt it nuts how some people have lost 40 pounds and others barely 20...my friends and relatives ask me "how much you lost now " i feel like im letting people down and considering im still making payments on it you would think i would be really motivated but i find i get really pissed off,im sorry i felt like venting ,Am i the only one who feels like this is way more a struggle than i bargained for ?

Hi guys! I've been having the same struggle, although the weight has slooowly been creeping off - mainly due to hitting the gym five days a week (cardio of 30-60 min/day all five days, weights on four days). I feel a ton stronger and notice some definition/muscles where I didn't have them before. So, if you're slowing down, consider more exercise on top of getting your fills & watching what you eat. It is *way* harder than I thought it would be!!!

I went in for my fourth fill yesterday. My docs don't use flouro unless absolutely necessary so they're quite conservative with the fills. My last fill felt *GREAT* for a few days, then I went back to searching for food and getting hungry too quick, which is why I went back in for a touch more. Many of you that are struggling - do you find yourself thinking/looking for food a lot? It may be you need a bit more of a fill!!!

nikki - I think you're human. Don't compare yourself to others. All of our bodies are different. I was damn near 300 pounds when I started, so maybe that's why I'm losing faster? I'm also forcing myself not to eat the foods I really want to eat. I just want all this fatness off of me, by any means necessary.

B'man - work it girlfriend! Glad that there's a silver lining for you. Thank goodness for Grammas! (I miss mine sooo much!)

Steph - sorry you have a cold, girl. Does the Actifed work? I've never heard of that.

bk - how are you doing? Are you still tossing your Cookies?

KayDoll - good luck with your school stuff. Im' ready for you to get a break.

BBK - glad you got unfilled. Did you even tell us you were getting filled? I think you're holding out on us, girlfriend! And yes, you are welcome to all my clothes when I'm too small to fit 'em.

OMG speaking of which - siyah probably thinks I'm the worst liar! I boxed up all my clothes but haven't sent the boxes yet. I'll have to do that on Monday. I suck, utterly and completely.

My friend and I are on the outs. :) He's not speaking to me right now. All over me spending time with my son's father. He thinks I'm going to sleep with the man, which I'm not, he's gotten jealous, got angry and then picked a fight. I didn't respond to him until last night when my ex left. I'm not having an argument via text message. When I called, he didn't answer and hasn't called me back yet. I should have lied when he asked if I was enjoying spending time with the ex, and if any old feelings were resurfacing. I really like him, but it seems too early in the relationship for me to be going through all these changes for him. We're not even dating. I think it's silly that he won't talk to me. It makes me sad though.

I changed our reservations. We are now going home on Sunday instead of Saturday. I needed one more day on the beach. I am going home to lay in the sun today, lay in the sun all day tomorrow and lay in the sun all day Saturday. I am going to stop by Bariatric Eating for some of those sugar free mixers - I plan to get my drank on!

I guess that's all for now. 45 more minutes in the office and my day is OVER! My boy, his dad and I are having a little picnic on the beach today. DS gets his first hotdog. Should be fun - we're going to take pictures today, too! I love the look of my "family unit." DS is the perfect blend of his dad and me.

Nathalie

Nat--I am so sorry the man is rearing the ugly jelousy head. But I would hate to tell you but it is better he does it now than later! At least if he does it early you can still get out heart intack! Is that making sense? lol..

Nikki-- don't beat yourself up. It happens to ALL of us. I think every BODY is different and how your body looses is different. I had the scale stuck for what seemed like forever and it ended up moving! Good luck and keep your chin up!

Bannie-you are rocking it girl! What an inspiration!

To all the sickies, I am sorry! Big hugs and chicken Soup for all of you! :sick

Hey Girls,

Just checking in. Exam tonight. UGH!!!! I am so nervous. Wish me luck. I should be studying some more right now, but of course I am here procrastinating.

Went out for Breakfast with hubby this morning. Had a yummy poached egg and some hash. It was so good. I ate slowly and stopped when I knew I had had enough. I am a little more full now than usual. But not at all stuffed. Hubby loves this because he gets all my "extras"..all my toast, home fries, extra egg etc. He is a sow. But it is cheaper since he would have ordered extra sides of food besides the meal he got. It kills me that he stays trim and has good bloodwork and all that and eats the way he does. MEN! Humph. It was nice to be out without the kids.

Nat-sorry about the fighting with your friend. I hate the jealousy crap. I am a little surprised he is getting that way since you guys are not really all that heavy yet..y'know? Maybe it will be all good when you get back, but keep this behavior in your file. Take control and don't let him create any drama. Your little boy is lucky to have some "family" time whether mommy and daddy are "together" or not and that is the priority right now. Enjoy those sunshiny days before you come back. Have a safe flight home.

NIkki-I think I am only down about 29 since the 18th of December...I think we are doing great. 18 I lost pre-op. You are in this for the long haul. Just keep plugging away.

I too am working really hard. There are many days that I want things and I will myself not to eat them. I workout a lot more than I ever did before. This is no walk in the park. I knew that going in though. I have a tool that will help but I still have to put in the effort to make it work. It is a little more work than I had planned on it being, as the band doesn't stop me from grazing all day long if I get in those moods. I can definitely eat around it (all too easily I have found). Hang in there though girls...ultimately we will get there and in our own time. I do empathize with the pressure some get with everyone watching them, knowing they had surgery, and wondering how much they have lost. I think that there is this expectation that we should all be skinny by now. Only a small handful of people know that I had surgery so there is no explanation necessary. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the "diet in a fishbowl" feeling.

There I go babbling and not studying...

Bannanie-way to go on that cardio girl. I bet you are feeling great.

B-man-have a good yoga session.

Steph-Hope you are feeling better.

VA-are you feeling okay? I think you were under the weather too.

Nat - glad you're taking an extra day to enjoy the sun, and that your ex is behaving and making the visit enjoyable for your adorable little boy. He's what matters, right? It sucks that your friend is getting jealous. On one hand it's gotta feel good that he cares enough to get that upset - if he didn't care, it wouldn't bother him. I'd say if you can have one good heart-to-heart discussion with him about your situation with your ex, and he's still a green-eyed-jealous monster to the point that it's unreasonable, it's like others have said, good to find out now. Definitely give him a chance to see you're trustworthy and worth it, because you are!!

Brandy (BBK) thanks for the kudos! I just keep working my butt off, hoping that it's a literal working my butt off! :)

For everyone with a cold/flu - I had one a few weeks ago and nothing really helped, I took a sudafed or something during the day, and NyQuil at night. chicken Soup is your friend! Get lots of soothing liquids in, even if it doesn't cure anything, it gives you a touch of good-for-you comfort food!

ok Hi ,

Bk -how many fills in total have you had ? oh thanks for your prayer .

So I went to the funeral of my ex boyfriend that is to confront my past well people asked how I lost weight oviously wouldnt say and ignored the question . but the sad part is people kept coming up to me instead of the wife . I felt bad really . I cryed alot I am still sad and cant believe he is gone . but I know for a fact that if he would of seen me before he past away he would be so proud of my weighloss. and that makes me happy i guess. I need to start in track again I have been eating craker and not following nothing strick need to start going to the gym and focus on my main goal . so any suggestions and any advise is appreciated .

Thanks girls just for reading and being there for me :)

clau:clap2:

Claudia - I Have only had one fill so far

sorry about your ex that is sad

nat- I am happy you get one more day on the beach

maybe your ex don't trust your ex not sure but he should not be so controlling so early on

kay good luck with the exam

.2CC more... I am up to 2.0CC total

The nurse told me today that a good .5 to 1.0CC is actually just held in the tubing... so even though I have 2.0 "in the band" only a little over 1.0CC is actually out in the band around my stomach... thought that was interesting.

She also explained that anything with fluids will go down straight past the band into my other bigger stomach. that includes caseroles, pot pie type things... or anything that had extra Fluid. She said to stick to a plain chicken breast type consistency and I would notice the restriction better. You will also not feel it if you eat sauces with the meat ... it makes it slide right on past. They want it to stick around in there for a few hours so... you have to find the balance between too dry and just moist enough to go down... fun fun fun

Well, their scale said I lost 4 lbs. They were happy. That was the 2.0lbs a week... They told me to stop being impatient.

They also told me that I should be taking measurements (boy, that sounds familiar... how long have I been saying, "I am gonna start doing that soon."

I got my pedometer yesterday... wore it all day today... I just reached 10,000 steps... so according to Dr. C -- I should jump start my weight loss. Hope he is right.

I missed Yoga. Got stuck in traffic... we had bad thunder storms here and everyone was driving slow. Didnt get back from the DR. in time...

Claud...glad you went to the funeral.....Although his wife didn't talk to you, I'm sure your Ex would have been glad you were there.

BK...how are you feeling?? Better I hope!

BooBoo...thanks for the Soup ;-) I need it (STILL)...this is so frustrating that I still have this lingering cough/cold thing going on after 2 weeks!

Katydot...good luck on your Exam!

BMAn...congrats on the loss!!! Hopefully the fill will do it's thing!!

I"m in the hospital today b/c my son is having flat foot surgery...its gonna be a long day of hanging out w/my Ex and not eating very well I'm sure :-( But at least I have my laptop and can come back in here and check in! :)

TGIF!!!!

Kristen hope your son does ok... that is always scary to send them into surgery. Let us know how everything goes :-)

Thanks BMAN!!! It is scarey, but we went through it last year w/the other foot, so at least time time we're a little more prepared about what to expect! :)