Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Patty - Your post made me HOWL! More later. And yes, I hope my shit ain't that saggy, too.

My SAVING GRACE in looking at those pictures is that she is 5'4" and went from 310 to 140. I bet she did RNY or something else drastic. She was rough wasn't she? Like a burn victim or something. Just... gotdamn.

And did you see the scars around her waist? Man, she was hurtin... :D Please Jeebus don't let it be me!

why on earth do you women have to show me that nasty crap!? Needles in belly's, skin hanging like ... Lord only knows what - I refuse to fall for anymore of your tactics! Truth is I didn't look at the fill - not gonna freak myself out but just the idea makes me close my eyes!

Ok so theres a lady at my church who had rny (is that gastric bypass?) and she was well over 400 lbs, she lost at least 200 lbs - I seriously think she must be more then 250 because for one she's a big lady, tall, big boned, and even though she doesn't look fat she is still big, husky looking. She had the tt and said if she could afford to have a whole body tuck she would. I saw though her panty hose that all that skin was all folded up and tucked in there. Oh it made me hurt to think of it. and her arms are still flapping in the wind, but she looks wonderful compared to where she had been. And the difference in her personality is astonishing! But then my other friend Trish who went from 275ish to 145ish and is 5'6" to 5'8" (she's taller then me) doesn't have anything except her apron and even that isn't bad. Her legs look great, which makes me have hope.

To go off on another thought - I have this huge belly that hangs (sure I'll be needing a tt) and I've always had problems with chaffing. So reading a thread on tt - someone said about using deo/anti pers. and omgoodness! I've seen the light! I just lift that fat belly up and spray away and I haven't chaffed since! that was all FYI - hope it was TMI

Just talked to Nate - he's the PA at the dr office. He was just making sure I need a fill. I said well considering I ate 1700 cal. yesterday and I'm working my butt off to stay on this "diet" that I promised myself I'd never do again! YES I NEED A FILL!! Since I had him on the phone I asked if I'd have to do liquids and he said yep - liquids the rest of the day - sucko - mushies the next day and then reg. food the following. Thats do-able I guess. I've done pretty good today but I have this huge urge to eat something like hot wings for supper tonight - knowing (hoping) I won't be able to for a while. Last supper syndrome?

hey guys, longtime no talk. I have my first fill on thursday. Good news it's free and with flouro.

my eating has been terrible! we wne to italian today and i got a Pasta dish, ate too much, had graham crackers today too.

I'm so hoping that this fill gives me some restriction.

what are the rules for a fill? do i need to be onliquids tomorrow, any rules for the day of the fill. i wasn't given any guidlines.

do you use the products you have in your signature .

tell me more .. :huggie:

bev--bet you are shrinking we all do no matter how much you way there is a diffrence .

i know for a fact the 2nd week of surgery it was my face ..lol it was not swallen lol any more lol that what they told me lol

take care .. girls

any good recipies for dips ? having a b-day party on sat need suggestions pls :rose::clap2:

claudia yes i do use them. I sell them too. I've been using them for about 6 years and selling them for about a year. I especially love the skincare products and the NAO line, it's like MAC but not as expensive.

If you like something let me know, the prices on there are a little more expensive than i can order for you. for example if you want a skincare system it says like $62 but I could order it for you for $50. it lasts about 6-9 months.

Man, you guys must be mindreaders!!!

I'm going out to happy hour tonight w/a coworker from my old job...she hasn't seen me since the end of November (right about when I started my preop diet)...so I'm down 27 pounds since then and all I'm wondering is..."Is she going to notice"????

It seems that everyone else around me must see me too much so they don't notice the change. Even my ExH, who used to always notice every pound up or down hasn't said anything, although that may just be due to his jealousy that I'm losing and he's not ;-) LOL

I keep thinking I don't have restriction, but then today...at lunch, I went to McDs b/c I was running around, and I got 3 chicken strips and was only able to eat 2 before I felt full!!! I saved the 3rd one for later in the afternoon when I got hungry and had that as my 'snack'......Weird...I guess when I do slow down and concentrate on my eating (I was very careful to take 20 min to eat the 2 strips), it really works!! Although Like I said, I'm going to Happy Hour tonight, so I may have some problems there ;-)

Anyways, Steph....and Sweethot...Hope your first fills go ok!!! Let us know...

Hey everyone sorry I haven't posted in a while. Just getting over the stomach flu. I feel like shi......!. I was at the gym when I started feeling bad and left early and came home. I have slept all day and I am going back to bed in a little while. I need another fill I don't feel hardly any restriction. I am not eating well and I am discusted with my self. I am getting meat stuck everytime I eat it , mostly chicken and pork so I have been eating more hamburger. It almost makes me sick to look at meat lately. I haven't gained but I haven't lost in a while so as soon as I start to feel better I am going to buckle down again.

I would like to ask anyone who would to please pray for a friend of mine. Her 19 yo son was in a car accident and it doesn't look good, he is on life support. His name is Chris and his moms is Anette. Thanks for being there.

Carol - we will pray for your friend - its horrible to lose a child. My neice and I went walking at the school last night, they have an indoor track, and all the way home she talked about her little girl who died of cancer. She was 4 when she passed and it'll be 4 years on 2/6 so I guess its on her mind. She said its gotten alot easier to live day to day but she still has those bad days. Anyway we'll pray that all works out for the best.

So Sweethot where have you been travelling to this week? You make me so jealous! I would love to be in Europe seeing the sites. As far as the fill goes, my dr said I could have Breakfast since I don't get the fill until 1:00 so the pouch should be empty by then. Then its liquids the rest of the day. I still have plenty of Protein Shakes so I guess I'll drink them. I think I can tolerate a Protein Shake now since its been about 3 weeks since I last had one. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Well the good news is .. I did 25 minutes on my treadmill yesterday morning and then 25 minutes walking at the school (my neice is 3" taller then me and my little legs were pumping to keep up with her, she said she felt like we were walking slow! I said good grief girl you're killing me!) the bad news is I ate 6 hot wings! They were so darn good! and 1/2 of my salad too! I was stuffed but dang it I get that stupid mentality that I better eat it now cause I might not be able to eat it ever again. THAT is one of the reasons I got fat!

carol - they have my prayers. that is one of the hardest situations to go through.

sweethot - dont eat at least 4 hours before... keep it light that day. Then for 24 Hrs. AFTER only liquids... then the next 24 Hrs. mushies... then then after that resume regular foods. (just be careful, the restriction might surprise you; bandster bites and NO DRY food :-) I learned the hard way)

Steph - dont worry about the chicken wings... i think many of us here are eating the bear minimum and I'm not sure that is the healthiest thing. I've only been eating at the maximum 800-900 calories... So, yesterday i had the topping off of a piece of pizza... in all it greasy gooey wonderfulness!! The scale says I droped two more pounds this morning. (I dont believe the scale yet, but thats what it said)

I've been doing alot of reading on different websites about caloric intake and what our body needs. Heck, by my age, height, weight, and activity level... they say for "drastic" weight loss that I should consume the "low" number of 1700 calories/day...

Low? that is twice what Im eating now... which got me thinking, maybe we need some days with more calories so our bodies know that we arent really starving. I for one have been getting really tired lately, and I think that had something to do with it.

So, yesterday I had to try really hard but I got up to 1100 calories. I think that I am going to alternate a high and low day (every other day) and see if it makes me feel a bit more energetic.

Enjoy your chicken wings honey, that was less than an ounce of meat per wing... so even if you had "super" wings you only consumed 6 ounces of meat... plus it was chicken that is like 33 grams of Protein... I wouldnt feel to bad about that.

We have to make this a lifestyle, not a diet... because, eventually, we all get tired of dieting and fall off track. I, for one, want this to eventually become effortless and second nature.

BMAN....GREAT POST!! I totally agree w/everything you said!! I use myfooddiary.com to track my calories and it tells me for my height/weight I should be consuming something like 1400 calories a day to lose 2 pounds per week, so I figure I'm a little bit under that, I can usually get to 1200 pretty easily these days, so I'm on the right track! I also think it helps to go up and down calorie wise to trick your body a little bit....and that's probably why your scale was down 2 pounds after having 1100 calories yesterday!!

CAROL....your friend is definitely in my thoughts and prayers..I can't imagine losing a child!

On a side note...i was watching Good Morning America on ABC this AM and actually saw a COMMERCIAL for the Lap Band!! I was amazed! I'd heard some other people talking about it, but hadn't seen it.....I have a feeling its going to be the new thing to do! LOL Glad I got mine done now before everyone else jumps on the bandwagon!

carol, i'm so sorry for your friend.

Steph- this weekend we aren't doing much, last weekend we went to Belgium. I didn't even get any chocolate there or a waffle!

I was tempted to buy a new dining table though, their furniture is amazing. we are cuttting down on the traveling for a bit. when it gets warm agian we'll start back up.

i am praying for restriction tomorrow!! i so want it, the weightloss is zilch and creeping back up!

I got my first fill yesterday. The PA in my doctors office does it by feel (no fluro). It was NO BIG DEAL. Hurt just a smidge when the needle went in and is a little tender this morning from her pushing around on it to find it. She hit the port on the first try but it wasn't quite centered so you could hear the needle clicking on the plastic. It felt quite strange and I could feel the band getting tighter. I have to be on liquids for 24 hrs, then one mushy meal and then solids.

They said most people don't get restriction on the first fill and I could come back in as little as a week if I need. All in all it was no big deal, and I was in and out quickly.