Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

I can't get that video out of my head of the fill, I don't know who posted that link, but I no like that person anymore!! It is not a pretty sight, a needle hanging out of my fat belly!!

thinde - B'man's surgeon posted that blasted video! WTF?! I thought, "He calls that HELPING?!" Ha! and LOL @ "Pasta Whore." I'm a sugar whore, myself. I had 2 little squares of chocolate today and sucked them slowly so I could savor every flavor molecule. damn it was good. I blame the p-rot.

KayDoll - another 2.6 pounds? You are friggin shrinking before my eyes! Congratulations! I'm jealous, because I have stopped losing. I think I'm starving my body. I estimate I'm still eating 700 calories per day or so. I need to bring it up. I'm getting all my Protein, not enough Water, and my period has me cranky and emotional. Day by day.

B'man - I have no restriction. 1 cup of food is about where I cut myself off, though I am trying to stop with less. I had 2 glasses of protein smoothie the other day and was filled to the gills, but it emptied out quickly. I just counted roughly and am doing 25 - 30g carbs per day.

With my trip last week, I fell off the exercise bandwagon. I'm so jealous of everyone's down-moving tickers! I truly truly truly have got to get off of my big fat round lazy dimpled yellow butt and mooooooooove. I got a box of great clothes today from Faybie. All professional clothes and I can't fit a damn thing yet.

I've missed you guys. Work is kicking my butt, my sick boy is wearing me out, and I need to go to bed early. Why? SO I CAN GET UP at 5am to exercise!

Hey, did any of you guys see Dreamgirls? I am so jazzed about Jennifer Hudson's Golden Globes win. She sang that song so hard, people in the theatre were openly crying. (including my sappy ass).

AND!!!! Tonight is American Idol! Oh man. I am there, front and center. I friggin LOVE that show.

Nathalie

BMAN...I had my first fill at 4 weeks too!!! Don't worry about it....you'll be fine! Although now that I've had it, I'm not sure that I'm restricted like I'm supposed to be....ugh...I guess they what they say about it taking a few fills is true.

KAYDOT...good luck on the weigh in and congrat on feeling those collarbones! It's great isn't it??

Ohhh KAYDOT...just saw your weigh in!!! CONGRATS!!! 2.6 is MORE than what you're supposed to be losing each week so you're doing awesome!!

NAT...I'm getting ready to watch AI w/my son....we love laughing at all the horrible singers in the auditions phase!! ;-)

American Idol here I come. Myself and my 10 year old love to watch it.

Nat-I didn't see Dreamgirls..wish I lived nearby since none of my girlfriends get out to the movies and hubby is a drag..would never see that movie! I love her though..and I too am a sap for a strong singer. I used to be in choir and my sister beat me and joined gospel choir. Every time I went to one of her shows, I would look like a fool wiping tears away from my eyes. The music was unbelievable.

Girl-you are awesome and can totally get back on your exercise track. I think you are right that you are not eating enough. I have been worried about that too but I am increasing and up to about 850 to 1000 cals depending on the day. The "p-rot" could have a lot to do with what you are feeling and having work and the sick lil man sure doesn't help. Dust yourself off and get back in the saddle. You are awesome and worth it. Not to mention, you are gorgeous no matter how dimply and yellow you think your butt is! :rolleyes:

VA-thanks for the kind words. I tell you, I am pumped and feel great. Better than I have in a long time (despite the little part of me that fears it won't last!).

Ok-kids are up my @ss and I have to go before I throw one across the room. oops, there goes my mom of the year award. Damn.....

Love and hugs to you all.

Okay-that American Idol show last night ended with me about rolling off the couch laughing. The boy with the juggling sticks..WTF? And then when he was all pissed and his mom was hugging him "baby, you will be famous"..yea, that is a huge future of disappointment. And then the girl right after "American Idol's Biggest Fan" -OMG DD and I were laughing so hard..but felt so sad for the wacko at the same time. People just want their 5 minutes of fame I think because they can't really believe they can sing. Can they?

OMG-I start clinicals today. I want to to cry because I am so nervous. I have to get over this. I get myself way too worked up and ultimately, I know I will be fine. I have done well up to this point. I just get worrried about new teacher, new hospital...will I remember what I am doing? Will I get some scary patient? deep breath....

Have a good day everyone.

Can you believe I fell asleep before AI came on?!!! Dang I hate my sleeping habits! I wake up at 4 am - sometimes earlier - today it was 4:15 and I'm wide eyed fricken awake! So of course by 8 pm I'm dragging my butt - if I lay on the couch to watch tv - I'm out. My husband woke me up at 9 last night to say he's going to bed and I was flipping out thinking it was time to get up already! Maybe I'll try to take a nap this afternoon to mess my system up more then it already is.

Kay - I can't believe you've already lost almost 40 lbs! You go girl! I'm barely hanging on to the 16 that I lost. I definitely need to get this fill and hope for the best.

I was reading someones stats and she had all her monthly weigh ins and the most she lost in a month was 13 lbs, but averaged about 10 a month and she had lost a total of 91 lbs and it hasn't been a year yet. Her first visit was 23 lbs - maybe pre-op/post op? and then each month after it ranged from 4 lbs to 13 lbs. I did read that she doesn't eat anything after dinner, around 6 pm, so that she doesn't start bad habits. I pm'd her and she said she just has alot of restriction and can only eat small portions. I can't wait to get to that point. I love getting info into what is working for others. I know Oprah says she has nothing after 7:30 - this is definitely something that I need to work on.

I don't know how you guys are keeping it below 700 cal. at this point? I have no restriction and feel like I'm dieting and I'm sure I'm at 1000 - 1200, actually just did my fit day and I had 1440 cal. yesterday!! I'm eating twice as much as you guys! Geesh no wonder I'm at a stand still. I did get up to 20 minutes on the tread mill yesterday - woohoo. So take 100 cal off and I'm still at 1340! Am I the only one eating like this? Tell me what you guys are eating to keep it so low! Seriously - I ate an egg, mushoom, onion, 97% FF turkey, and a slice of 2% cheese for bk (aka omlete) - then at lunch I had a salad, again with turkey, chick peas, cheese, ff dressing, for a snack I had an apple, grapes, supper I had chili with 2% cheese, then an orange and ff pudding. I'm not taking any Protein supplements so I'm trying to get what I need in the way of Beans, cheese, eggs, ect. - trying to get my fruits and vegies in - I don't know what else to do. I'm drinking plenty of Water - I have a glass that holds 16 oz and drink that at least 4 times. Besides my bottled water that I keep in the car and drink when I go somewhere. Maybe I'm washing all my food down - or I'm not trying hard enough? HELP!!! I'm so jealous of all of you!

Ok I'm totally discouraged - and the crazy thing is when I weighed myself this morning it looked like I was down a pound - I don't go by my scale cuz the sucker lies to me but it keeps me aware of where I'm at. I go next Wed for my fill so I should get weighed then - oh Lord it can't come fast enough!!!

BTW - Brandi we are looking forward to hearing all about your fill tomorrow.

Nat - we (me and my girls) so wanted to see Dream Girls but it hasn't come to town yet - if I can't find someone to go to it with me I'll go alone in the afternoon. I got hubby tickets for Christmas so he would go to see Rocky - which everyone says is the best yet of all 6 of them - (haha!) and he still hasn't gone. All he can think of on the weekend is football. He's a terd.

As for the video on the fill - I ain't watching that! No way! I saw the link and didn't even hesitate to pass it up. I will keep my eyes closed the entire time.

Have a good day ladies - keep up the good work - I'm proud and jealous of you all!

Ok - I know I just posted my misery but I decided today was a new day and I'm gonna make the most of it. First of all - I drank my first glass of Water - not counting my coffee - then I got on the treadmill, did 18 minutes fast walk, 2 minutes of running (saw kays running ticker so thought I'd try it) omgoodness - I'm not ready to run yet. Did my own version of pilates + 140 crunches - and then drank another half of my water and made bk - today I opted for cinnamon shedded wheat, its whole grain and has the sensible solution tag on it, 1/2 c skim milk and 1/4 of an apple - only 170 cals total - but 35 carbs! How are you guys keeping your carbs so low - thats insane.

I'm getting a shower and going into work for a while. Let me know how you maniacs do it! All I want is to lose a pound a week - please Lord just a pound a week.

Steph-wow..you must have burned some calories typing that post. hahahahah Just kidding. I always post long winded messages and I enjoy reading yours.

I for one am not counting my carbs. I just make sure the ones I eat are whole and unprocessed with the exception of my occasional wheat thins. As far as your calories, to be honest, 1400 is not bad. If you are exercising you can still lose 1 -2 lbs a week at that range. I think for me, I am just eating much smaller portions and my calories are anywhere from 800 to 1000 or so. But my nutritionist told me to aim for 800 to 1200 since you sometimes have hungry days. I can tell you what I ate yesterday...

b-protein shake

L-1/2 cup black Beans, slice of deli ham

D-3oz salsa baked chicken, LF creamed spinach (about 1/4) cup

Dessert-protein shake

I have not progressed to eating fruit yet and I am not getting enough veggies and fruits but I am still transitioning so I know my calories will go up once that happens. I do take Multivitamins so I am getting my RDA's. Just probably not enough of the really good stuff. My goal is to get up to about 1200-1400 calories and just work out enough to lose weight effectively. I am not interested in starving myself to lose this weight and if I can average 2lbs a week I will be at goal in less than a year. SO even if I have a bad week or a gain, I could still be at goal in a year. That doesn't seem too bad! I am trying to see the long term and not get too bent out of shape because I am not super hot yet! haha

Great job on the exercise. Just keep doing it, take baby steps and you too can be an addict! haha.

I did my walk/run this morning. I cannot believe I am doing this, and a good upper body weight circuit. Last night my DD and I went out for a brisk 45 minute walk and it was FREEZING out! It is nice though that she gets excited to do it with me. Even if it is just 2x/week it is a nice time that we have together. Although the little one hates that we don't take her.

You are doing fine Steph. Give your body time to adjust. I know it is easier said than done. And if you really feel like you have no restriction, that fill will get the weight loss rolling.

Thanks for the well wishes today. I am so freaking scared!

hi all- 12 days till my fill! How is it going for those who have been filled?? Are you feeling restricted?? Has it kicked in the weight loss?? I am getting ready to go to the gym here when dd wakes up from a nap. I love it b/c they have babysitting included in the membership! =) I havent gone for a few days b/c of work but I am on my feet running around the hospital so I am still exercising. I try to go the gym at the hospital but it is too hard no time. I am trying to be more disciplined and get up early to go the gym before work. But I will have to get up at 430 am and I am having trouble doing it. I only work 3 days a week but they are 12.5 hour shifts.

Kaydot- do you think we burn more calories in the cold?? It is freezing here today but it is to hard to go walking with the little ones. They want to stop too often and cant get your heart rate up.

Stephanie- Dont get discouraged! I am having a hard time also staying low in calories and we had surg a day apart and our starting weight was about the same too. I have lost 16-17 lbs too. It's gonna kick in with our fills!

Nat- Sorry all the problems you are having at daycare. I have good private babysitter but we still have our issues! I cant believe they dont require a nap. Our daycares here require the kids to nap for 2 hours. or is it that he just wont nap away from home??

Well got to go 4year old wants me! Jill

Nat - Good luck with the daycare stuff. I need to start exercising, I've been in a hotel in Detrot for the last 3 nights and only did the eliptical 2 time, I am such a slacker. I had sushi for lunch and it was so good, I was filled after 4 small pieces, before I could eat 10, and still be hungry.

Kaydot - Great job on the weight loss, you are really working hard.

Well, I was happy to see that there was one less pound on the scale today, but I gotta tell you guys....I think my first fill is gone!! I seem to be able to eat way more than I should...and Steph...I know I'm up around 11-1200 calories a day too!! Right now I stop myself from eating more just b/c I don't want to get anything stuck, but I feel like I could eat a lot more!

So I think we've all entered what they call "Bandster Hell"......but we can get through it!

Is it possible that I lost 8 pounds already since Sunday? That's what the scale shows. I'm not complaining, I'm back on track. I think it was the bloat and the p-rot. I also ate very well yesterday - I bet I had 1000c and 80g Protein. (lots of salmon) I also had 5 sugar free popsicles last night after dinner.

Loved AI last night. My friend called those 2 weird guys "Timon and Pumbaa" which made me howl.

I have decided to find someone to come to my house to watch the baby until the new daycare opens up. I put an ad up on Craig's List and have had 2 responses so far. Keep your fingers crossed. That will totally help me out. I don't like the present day care at all. Not at all.

Drama at work, as usual lately. Also drama with my son's father. He's been a non-presence since learning of the baby. Now he wants to step in and send money and get to know the boy. Which I guess is a good thing, but it's just pressure on me. He's in FL, which is good. And he's telling me that he knows he screwed up and he recognizes my efforts and blah blah blah. Just hard.

I exercised the past couple of days, but only for 15 minutes at a time. I need to up it. I have a weigh in next week Thursday. And a FILL! I can eat chicken and bread, but I don't know about steak. I want to tell 'em to "fill a bitch." HA!

No time for personals, but I love you guys, keep up the good work and I'll be back later on today to catch up. I'm getting ready for an 8am conf. call.

N.

Good morning my lovelies! Yes I do believe I am in bandster hell. I'm having such a hard time keeping my calories down - even when I'm really careful like yesterday - planning ahead and tracking everything - I was still at 1300. But its not going to last for long. I know I can't be gaining at this rate and I'm exercising and my mom said I should be losing more then a pound a week at that amount. LOL Gotta love the mom. But when I go in on Wed. if the scale hasn't gone up I will be happy.

Nat - you can easily lose 8 lbs in a few days due to Water. I think its a good idea finding someone to watch the man at home. He'll be in his eliment and in a routine of naps and stuff - it'll be easier on you I'm sure. As far as dad coming into the picture.... don't get mad at me but thats a good thing. Hopefully you can work something out on your terms and all will be well.

I think I'm going to watch Dream Girls today. I called to see if it was playing yet and its finally here!

AI was too funny! I love that show.

Nat - I just thought of something about the babysitting issue - I don't know how flexible your hours are but my daughter thats at college babysits. She loves it. She does 2 mornings a week from 7-10 for a little girl then takes her to daycare, she also makes the beds and does some laundry, then she does m-f for another family for 2 kids after school. The mom there pays her $2 more then she would a day care because she starts supper and helps with homework and stuff like that. All that to say that if you have a college nearby you may be able to find someone through them.