Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Hey mamas -

Just got home from Dad's house. Football w/Pop is always fun. Kay I know you're stoked that NE made it one more week.

On my way to bed but popped in to tell you that the Stacker2 Pink Lemonade Protein Water (20g protein) is really really nasty. It's got a weird bite to it. UGH. I also felt wired after I drank it. I've got a case of gas, so I'm taking some GasX before bed. I'm also going to take some MOM because it's been a while since I've "moved."

Levi, is it? (too lazy to scroll up) Eating the topping from pizza is acceptable. I bet you got 5 or 6 grams of protein in there, too! :) Seriously, when I went in for my first follow up appointment, I was confessing my sins, and the surgeon told me that especially toward the end of the liquid phase, the stomach has essentially healed and if you're feeling ravenous it's okay to nibble on food to get you over. I felt SO much better! I was expecting him to chastise me over some string cheese and pizza toppings. Glad you didn't overdo it, hon!

sweethot, even if we don't have an "official" gathering, I'd LUUURVE to swing by y'all in Deutschland to say HI during one of my trips to the UK. They've sucked up until now because I'm only over there for business, not pleasure. I'd love to do the business part, then extend a long weekend or something.

StephC you're just a cute lil ole thing, aren't you? LOL I love the pics. One of these days I'll post mine (*hurk*) but no time soon. I need a decent "after" pic to post beside it so I don't feel depressed! You work it girl! Size 5 butt and size 9 waist made me laugh. I'm the other way around, except I'm a size 16 top and a size 20 bottom. Don't make no sense, does it??! :)

dawnae - keep it up, be strong and be aware of your triggers. I'm glad Belle is doing okay. I am sure that was way scary! My little one fell down 4 steps at Dad's house and I flipped, but he was up and playing right away. (10 seconds of screaming and he was A-OK) Bits and nibbles, while not the greatest snack, isn't the whole cake or the whole dozen Cookies. And girlfriend, I've had those nights. Do you journal? I am fighting the urge to eat when I'm stressed, and I write and write and write. Otherwise when I get angry/frustrated/irked/happy/sad/lonely/depressed the first thing I'd do is head for the bakery. Forgive yourself, learn the lesson and move forward. You are not bad. You have nothing to be ashamed of. *hugz*

Anyhow, I've managed to hurt something, I think it's my ribs. I don't know how or why I have this pain there. I'm hoping it's gas, but it feels like it's in my bones. It may be from this mattress I bought back in June. I got a memory foam, but that bastard is so hard and unforgiving! I am going to call tomorrow and see if they won't exchange it for a different one. Maybe if I cry? I am TOTALLY unhappy with the purchase, and when I called back in August the man said it could take up to 6 months to adjust to a new mattress. Well I'm not adjusted to that hunk of rock yet - I hate sleeping on it! WTF kind of bed is that? Keep your fingers crossed, ladies!

TTYT!

Nat

Nat - too funny as always! A few years ago we went from a queen waterbed to a king regular bed and OMGoodness it was horrible! Me and the hubbster took turns on the couch the first few days. Finally I went to Walmart and bought the egg carton foam. It still took a few weeks to get used to it but it helped - infact I still use it. Ive been eyeing up those feather mattress thingys on overstock.com - might get me one. Back to the new kingsize mattress - it was horrible for the sex life! Seriously it was so big we didn't touch - and believe me hubbster is one of those men that you just need to rub your leg against his leg and he's up and ready! So theres suddenly no leg to rub my leg against. It took us a while but we got it figured out now. :) The other night he tells me he woke up in the middle of the bed. I said yeah I know you do that alot. He said no I was in the middle of the bed - I said yeah I know - he just looked at me like what chue talkn bout?

Ok ... enough about beds.

Except for Dawn - get to bed! Poor Belle - which btw - love that name!

I hope she's doing better. Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts - gets me everytime.

I'm excited to hear from the new fill peoples. Please please let us know how it goes! I need a fill so bad! I don't know what to do anymore. If I eat 1/2 cup of food I'm ready to eat and hour so 2 later - but when I was eating a cup or more it was lasting me 4 hours. And I'm really trying to make good choices but its been hard. Today I ate a small peice of banana bread for Breakfast (bad choice, I normally have shredded wheat or scrambled eggs) a couple pirogis, sloppy joe without the bun (not a lot just a couple bites) and salad (against dr's orders, but again only a couple peices of lettuce), lunch stayed with me for over 4 hours - then for supper I ate 1/3 cup of tuna with about 1/2 T of lite mayo, Tomato slice, and 1 slice of toast - 2 hours later I was hungry again! and I ate a half cup of lasagna, and just now I ate a sliver of cake with skim milk! UGH! I too feel like I'm on a diet! And I made the cake and banana bread for everyone else - I'm giving it until morning and then its all going in the trash!

I want to respond to everyone but I'm just too tired - will talk to ya tomorrow.

I am also a Dec Bander 12/21 and am so excited too. I just am having a hard time learning to get around this site. I have lost 19 pounds and am so excited. I starting walking again everyday. It is great to see others in the same boat.

Madden

I am happy to hear some people are getting fills soon so I can learn from their experience...

I am so scared of the fills

steph- love the butt photos hey can u email me how to post a pic

mine are always too big and take up a whole page

like I need something making me look larger

nat- I am glad the football party was great sounds like u lead a exciting life

madden congrats on your weight loss thus far

dawn- hope belle is alright I will pray for her I know kids just do not listen they have to find out for themselves

well off to bed if i can't sleep will be back

oh and b man and nat

I know yall won't but don't let those negative people get yall down

we love yall

Welcome Madden! Hows life treatin' ya post op?

bkwalling -- thank you :-) im pretty much over it; it just bummed me out

Steph -- yeah, I saw that "joke" thread... sad part is... im the shot girl :) Thankfully the stereo type does NOT apply.

Sweethot -- thanks for the kind words girl!

Nat- now ive found something we disagree on... ha. I LOVE my memory foam matteress.

dawnae -- I wish there was something I could do. I know it must be very hard when you get that tired and there is nothing you can do except keep on movin'. At least you've got your babies there with ya though... they can cheer us up as quickly as they stress us out :-)

Levi - dont worry about it; trust me... ive had my bad days too :-) Im sure you didnt hurt anything. It is repeated bad behavior for day after day that causes problems

thininde - you dont have to worry about your shelf!! we all have a shelf somewhere on our bodies OR we wouldnt be here. hehe -- we need to be proud of the shelf we are gonna lose!

VAbandster - i know what you mean about the "feeling like your just on a diet" thing!! amen sista. Ive felt like that since about 4 days after surgery. I keep doing the whole mind over matter, but right now... aside from instilling the "fear of God" in me that I might hurt something, this band isn't doing much. I know how you feel :-)

My fill is on the 18th thats at four weeks from my surgery date. So, I sure hope that isnt true about the ripping; eek!

Thanks for all the support guys....I will write more tomorrow...am going to bed now......half asleep the way it is....you guys are so great!

Brandi - I just woke up. That friggin bed made my hip and my shoulder go numb. I also had a dream that I was driving and falling asleep behind the wheel. I woke up in a panic. Do you have a 100% straight memory foam mattress, or does yours have a pillow top on it?

I came to tell you guys about a book that has helped me get over my emotional eating issues. It's by Janet Greeson, Ph.D. and it's called It's Not What You're Eating, It's what's Eating You: The 28-day plan to heal food addiction.

55acd250fca0df2c4a042010.L.jpg

She was a food addict and she understands why we eat. If anyone is interested, I'll tell you more. Just a suggestion, of course. But being conscious of our need to eat when we're not hungry is a step toward controlling those urges.

Nathalie

im so so sorry to crash your private party but this is the only forum i have found where anyone seems to know what they are talking about and im desperate so have pity on me and ill try to make it quick.

banded 12/21 lost ten pounds frst two weeks, b ut really first week then plateaued.

my quiestion for y'all is this, i havnet eaten a THING, Isopure and Lactaid skim milk b ut is there such a thing as TOO MUCH shakes. I DRIN K THEM ALL DAY. and im sworrying that this is the problem.

my b and s looser from the weight loss and my fills in about a week and halfv im gonna go for it and go as small and tight as humanly possible, im too "lean" t have gotten gastric( iwas 178 but im also an actress in Hollywood and this wont do=i have to be a size four or i wont work inthis crazed business and im not even bac k to an eight yet)

thats it- c ould the lots of Protein be trnslaTING into calories? i knopw ots sposed gto be 65 g a daY, but the dr says thats nonsense, ive just started yoga and pilates bac k up, literally.

please help a fellow bandster, im really confused, i got a heat body wrap tonight and tho imnear that time of the month the scale wich rules my world ( ikm trying to break the habit and just weigh in once a week) daid 174? this is at night and i may be bloated, b ut does the fist fill really make a diff and am i drinking too many shakes?

please help out know this is an "exclusive" c lub but you all seem to have beensuccesful and my goal date seems more andmore unrealistic- march 25- thats when i wanted to go meet my agents and just be 135 and stun em all.

i guess cardio needs to comeinto play, soon.

sorry again but any help wpuld be so apprecited.

kimmy:cry

Patty-

Thanks for the support. My husband told me the same thing. I was able to walk away from the ice cream Saturday night but yesterday was too much I guess. I have already started with my Water this morning and will be having a Protein Drink soon to get me back on track. Thanks again, you guys are the greatest.

kimmy - we aren't 'exclusive' - we just have been together for a while now and have become friends - doesnt' mean we aren't friendly. We are really just a group of women who have found each other and have come to love and care about each other. Please feel free to pop in and ask away!

I think you may be drinking alot more calories then you realize BUT this is normal. You probably should be trying to get something with more substance to make you feel full longer. I went to the creamy Soups - made homemade potato Soup, strained it then pureed the potatos and dumped it back in, same with bean Soup and also add 1/2 cup of cottage cheese to your soup- it'll give you Protein and make it yummy.

As for fills none of us has had ours yet - we're soon to be getting them. I don't think you realize this isn't a miracle band - you will have to work with it and they should have told you that on average you will only lose 1-2 lbs a week. Don't expect anything too soon. Good luck

Kimmy - wow, what a dilemma. I hope you don't mind some bare bones honesty. :( That's how we roll in this thread (HA!).

I would dump the shakes. If you're drinking them all day, you're probably drinking too much. Are you on a liquid phase right now? Or is this a self imposed shake fast? Second of all, how much Water are you drinking? And finally, girlfriend, you have GOT to exercise. How are your poops? Are you passing anything, or are you plugged up from all the Protein and no Fiber?

You need to take body measurements. You have got to drink your Water (64oz per day). And you have got to move your body. I know how tough it is to be a Hollywood starlet. Well, I don't know personally, but I read In Touch enough to see how you have to break your ass to stay skinny. :( Janet Jackson lost 60 pounds in 4 months, but she was working out hard every day. How much time can you devote to working out?

If it were me, I would get up in the morning, eat some oatmeal with a scoop of Protein powder in it. Find a low calorie, low fat Protein Powder. Wait an hour, drink some water. For lunch, eat 3oz fat free cottage cheese and 3oz. chicken breast. I whip mine in the food processor and add different spices. Each one is 200c and has 25g Protein. If you get hungry in the afternoon find a protein snack - I eat string cheese. 70 calories and 8g protein. You can also eat sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles. I would have an Isopure drink (not a milky shake, but a juice drink) for dinner. 160cals and 40g protein. You should stay full, and you should be full of protein. With exercise, you'll drop weight and build muscle.

But to be honest with you 100%, you are going to have a hard time being 135lbs by March 25. Even if you eat 500c per day and exercise like a madwoman. Your body loses slower the thinner you are, and 178 is thin if you don't live in Hollywood. :)

Hope this helps.

Nathalie

DAWN.....You can vent about your kids here anytime!! I have teenage boys, so I know how much kids of any age can get on your nerves sometimes! :( And you're right....a Dr. wouldn't do a fill if they thought it was going to damage anything! That makes me feel better ;-) Let us know how your fill goes!!

Madden...welcome! Congrats on the 19 pound loss!! I weighed in this AM and was Jumping for Joy to see my scale moved down another pound in the past few days b/c w/the food that I've been eating, I thought for sure I would have gained!! So my total now is 22 pounds, 9 of which are from the pre-op diet.

NAT...I'd LOVE to hear more about the book too!! Definitely something I need to work on!

KIMMY...this is not an "exclusive" anything...you are more than welcome here! Congrats on your loss so far!! I would have to say that your 'pleateau' is probably based on you either getting too many or not getting ENOUGH calories in in a day. Your body could think its starving and is therefore holding onto every cell of fat you have in order to survive! Have you tried journaling to figure out how many calories you're getting in a day?? If it's under 600, you may want to up it to about 1000 for 2 days and see what happens. I've found that if I do one or two days at around 6-700 calories, then 1 or 2 days around 1000 calories, my scale seems to move more. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

CAROL....any news on the job front?? You interviewed for a position last week right?? Oh...don't talk about Ice Cream! That will be my downfall, IF I ever let it back in the house! ;-) LOL

Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts - gets me everytime.

SERIOUSLY! I never noticed that!!!! hahahahahahaha. I am such a word freak too and I never noticed that! THat explains everything to me. hahahaha. Thanks Steph. BTW, I am not being sarcastic, I really never noticed that. The only thing I can think of like that is Evian backwards is Naive. hehe

Kimmy some Protein Shakes have tons of calories watch out

also if you do not work out and lose some of those calories you want lose the amount of weight u want to lose also remember until you get a fill the band is not working the way it is soppose too