Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I was banded in Mexico but was wondering if anyone knows of a physician in Tennessee (preferrably Nashville) that would be willing to do adjustments.

I do plan on going back to Mexico for my first adjustment, but would obviously like to find someone a little closer to home for future band adjustments.

Thanks!

I don't know of anyone in TN, sorry. However, I would seriously encourage you to speak to your mexican Dr about helping you with follow-up care in the states. This is really one of those issues that is better handled beforehand due to the vast majority of banding docs not seeing any patients other than those they banded themselves.

You might do a search in Yahoo Groups to see if there is a message board for Tennesee, specifically.

I really wish you luck in securing a local doc!!

You could also get in touch with Inamed at www.inamed.com and send them an email asking about docs in your area.

Thank you very much!

What about Chattanooga? Here's my doctor

Walter B. Rose, M.D. is a private practitioner located 721 Glenwood Drive, Suite W-550 • Chattanooga, TN 37404 • 423-698-8692 • For an appointment, please call 423-495-2244.

Dr. Rose earned a B.A. degree from the University of Tennessee, graduating with Highest Honors and was selected to Phi Beta Kappa. Following this, he earned the M.D. degree from the University of Tennessee Center for Health Services in Memphis and completed his residency at Erlanger Hospital where he was Chief Resident in Surgery. Dr. Rose is board-certified in General Surgery and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the Southeastern Surgical Congress. Additionally, he is a lifetime member of the Christian Medical Association. Since starting private surgical practice in 1990, Dr. Rose has been active in establishing and implementing many new and innovative laparoscopic techniques in this region, the latest of which involve weight-loss surgery. He has personally performed thousands of laparoscopic surgical procedures in the past 13 years. Dr. Rose is currently the Chief of Surgery at Memorial Hospital.

Here's the other DR in same building:

Jaime Ponce, M.D. Gastric Band Institute • P.O. Box 3176 • Chattanooga, TN 37404 • 423-899-1000 • For an appointment, please call 423-899-1000.

Dr. Ponce has been performing bariatric surgery since 1998. He is Board certified by the American Board of Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. His memberships include the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity, the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons and the Medical Advisory Board for the Lap-Band system. Dr. Ponce was one of twenty surgeons who participated in the last FDA clinical trial before the approval of the Lap-Band. He has been selected to serve as one of only 12 member surgeons on the Council for Advances in Bariatrics and is approved for proctoring/training of other surgeons in the United States for the Lap-Band. He is one of the most experienced surgeons in the United States in performing the Lap-Band procedure. His data has been published in peer-reviewed journals and presented in nationally recognized meetings. His web-site is www.gastricbandinstitute.com