Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Referral for Consultation

Dr. Cobourn's office will be moving (or maybe has moved) not too sure. Anyway the plans look really amazing. The office will still be in Mississauga at 1421 Hurontario St. I had my consult at the old office which I will admit was not that special looking :phanvan but thanks to Mandi's post awhile back I was forwarned. Anyway the new place looks awesome and when I go for my surgery in Feb I will be getting it done in the new building. Pretty excited to see what it looks like and to see if it looks like the building plans.:)

Thanks Dame. I assume you've seen these plans on his website so I'll cruise over there and take a look.

Hi Yoda, well... learn something new everyday! This fluro method sounds great for fills. Just out of curiousity I called Dr. Mitchell's office here in Calgary and he doesn't do it. He will assess you and if he feels you need it he will then refer you to the hospital and the radiologist will do it. The Receptionist also told me that if it's done in the hospital it is covered by Alberta Health Care but not sure if this is true or not. Thought this might be interesting for those bandsters in Calgary, if they are interested in investigating further.

Have a great day!

Janice

:biggrin1:

Sorry Janice I don't think his new building plans are online. I saw the plans for the new office when I was in the waiting room for my consult. It was an artists concept drawing of what the building would look like from the outside. Very Nice! That's why I am so curious to see what it looks like when I go for my surgery. Not that it really matters. I am going to Dr. C because after my research and after meeting him I just felt comfortable with him and had a great deal of respect and trust in him. There are so many good Dr's out there as I am sure you are finding by reading these posts. Hope you find the one that you are most comfortable with as well.:)

I was told the same thing about the hospital in Calgary. Dr. Mitchell won't send you on to the hospital though unless he is having trouble doing the fill or suspects a problem. I wish fill visits in his office were covered but no such luck. I don't mind not getting the fills under fluro everytime but I wouldn't mind one a year kind of thing and he said that they don't generally even do that. He said with regards to erosion and slippage that they feel that the patient will no pretty quickly with either problem that something is wrong so until then I highly doubt I will be seeing my fill under fluro.

He said with regards to erosion and slippage that they feel that the patient will no pretty quickly with either problem that something is wrong so until then I highly doubt I will be seeing my fill under fluro.

Which seems stupid, cause from what I've read, lots of people don't know until they're QUITE eroded, that it's happening. A slippage, yeah ok, I think you'd have recognizable symptoms, but not sure about an erosion. Anyways... same thing here, I asked Dr. C, and he said not unless their were problems, or they were suspected. :cry I'm jealous.

Hey JLB, I was banded in Mississauga by Dr Mumford (same office as Dr C.) I don't regret having the surgery there but from what I have read the TO clinic seems much more organized with the fills and support groups. The only support I feel I have is from this web site and if I hadn't met Argon and Cloe the day of my surgery I would not have been informed about this site.

I truly feel that the surgeons, whether in Mississauga or the TLBC clinic are very concientious, skilled and caring surgeons, the better choice is the TLBC clinic as far as support post op.

Good Luck

Thanks Louise, good points to consider. Also, TLCB told me that they are training nurses in Calgary in early 2007 to do fills and said the cost would probably be included in the total $16K fee or if not, then a very minimal charge.

Janice:)

Thanks Louise, good points to consider. Also, TLCB told me that they are training nurses in Calgary in early 2007 to do fills and said the cost would probably be included in the total $16K fee or if not, then a very minimal charge.

Janice:)

Wow, Good perk. Although I got a fill in Ottawa by a Dr trained by Dr C. It cost me $75. He was very skilled, one try and he didn't hurt me. No advantage there as far as I can see.

I truly feel that the surgeons, whether in Mississauga or the TLBC clinic are very concientious, skilled and caring surgeons, the better choice is the TLBC clinic as far as support post op.

Just to add, I'm pretty sure things will be better at Cobourns office once they move into new, bigger, better, more suited clinic.

You're on Dr. Cobourn/Mumfords message board aren't you, Wheezy? I'll post something asking what is going to go on, like support meetings, etc.

Janice, just in case you don't know this already, Dr. Cobourn has fill Dr's in Calgary, and soon in Edmonton.

Out of curiosity, has anyone taken thier reciept from a fill and submitted to their Blue Cross plan? I have a health spending account as part of my benefits that covers things like chiropractors and even massage.

Just wondering if I could recover this medical expense that way?

As for the flouro, that sounds like the best way to get one's fills done as it would be nice to have the peice of mind that there is no erosion etc.

Andrew

Hi Argon, Yes, I understand Dr. Mitchell does fills for Dr. C. at a cost $ 125 per but I don't know of anyone else in Calgary.

Hi Andrew, I think the Fuoro is a great way to go too but what I've found out so far is that it's pretty difficult to get it done this way because you need a referral to a Radiologist at a hospital which a doc doesn't necassarily want to give unless there's a really good reason to do so.

If anyone knows any different, please chime in, especially if you know a way to get fluoro fills in Calgary.

Sorry Andrew, don't know anything about the Blue Cross thing but you could give it a go. All they can say is no.

Thanks a bunch,

Janice

:biggrin1:

Blue Cross has been through this fight before....always with a resounding NO!

Blue Cross has been through this fight before....always with a resounding NO!

:rolleyes: Ooooooo, I get so angry. Stupid, Stupid Companies and Governments!!!!! :)