Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can refer the post to the area host if you need me to. 

No, really nothing wrong except for making the blanket statement that Mexico docs have poor results and then not

Man-ing up to it when called out.

There is a post on the vets forum by someone 5months post op though... an ask the vet type post.

No, really nothing wrong except for making the blanket statement that Mexico docs have poor results and then not 

Man-ing up to it when called out.

There is a post on the vets forum by someone 5months post op though... an ask the vet type post.

I'll look into it, always moving posts and writing newbies... 

Yep Sheryl, never wrestle with a pig in mud, the pig is perfectly happy to do so, and you get covered in $h!t.

Coops - the funeral is today? hugs.

M2G - you getting a lot of snow? What kind of lifting do you do?

Wanda - how you doing over there? You've been quiet.

Swizz - how are you feeling? Hope you are on the mend.

Kim - why do people seek you out to pour out their fears? Is that part of being a host here?

Sarah - I think you mentioned your workout routine before, do you lift? I so desperately want to get to where you are..

Denise - Is Bill, posessive? Or are you so unused to the daily experience of male intercouse in one's life (non-sexual definition of the word), that it just seems intrusive? Men are alotta work, and I imagine men of your generation are even more high maintenance..

Edited by Globetrotter

Kim - why do people seek you out to pour out their fears?  Is that part of being a host here?

It may be my "tone", I don't know for sure I get more people doing that than some other people here... but do get a few, thats for sure. The "badge" may lead some of them to me. I get more questions about the 5:2 and vegetarianism than anything else... My professional Title/job description at my day job is "Direct service provider/program advisor" So I have set myself up as a go to person.

Is that a part of being a host here?

Advice from experience, keeping the boards straight, reporting glitches, making suggestions(about the site), removing bullies and welcoming the unwelcome... that is the host job description.

I get alot of messages from people who are preop and fearful because they have so much to lose or because they failed with the band. I also get alot of plastic surgery prospects. All good - love supporting people - but sometimes their emotional states seem pretty fragile.

I rarely get messages!

Ok I am spewing negativity. .. so don't read it if today isn't a good day for it.

I had such a great week last week and now I am home to reality. My oldest son is getting depressed and of course having a hell of a time getting quick treatment. I feel sad over ending things with Steven. I feel stressed over work...but good things are happening there. My old horse is lame. My young horse is challenging me and right now I don't even feel like riding. The personal trainer caused me injury and I have started working with a different one to rehab. Yeah I get to pay just to get back to where I was. My old cat needs surgery. My house projects feel insurmountable. I am overwhelmed. I am lonely.

Good news is I still weigh under 150.

And the worst thing is I always told myself I just need "time" and I am starting to fear that is not the case.

No time like the present to enjoy what you have. That being said, I have been having some landslides of sh-it raining down for a while, and it is pretty easy to forget to enjoy life just as it is! Really, it is the perfect time to practice enjoyment, because if you can enjoy NOW, when things are challenging, then you are pretty much set.

Bill is laying beside me sleeping with his Cpap machine. He knows I can not go to sleep early. I have been a night owl my entire life. I told him I was going to get out of bed and go into the living room and use my lap top. He asked that i bring it into the bed and that it would not disturb him. This seems like insanity to me.

Sheryl, you do seem very overwhelmed. You  have a lot going on. You have insurance, don't you? Do you see someone to talk all of this over with?

Do you want me to post on that thread? I had my face lift done in MX and nobody knows about it. Nobody can tell. People just tell me I look young. I recently told Bill, when he started to go off on movie stars who have had face lifts and how badly they look. I am numb as hell, but I would not say that. I would say that my friends who know,  want to go to my PS in Mexicali.

Globe, you have hit the nail on the head. It's partly that I have not been married since 1987 when my husband was killed on the job. I have had bf's through the years, and lived with a couple of them. My preferance would be not to live with Bill or any of my bfs.  However, he wants us to live together. That's fairly impossible since we both own our own homes.  I had to remind  him last night, that we only started seeing each other on Jan. 23. Before that, we were FRIENDS. I told him he expected too much of me. We still have to talk more. He is finally meeting my daughter tomorrow

. I am definitely not used to any man wanting to spend all their time with me. If fact, it's been the oppoiste, They want to hunt, fish,do their guy stuff,  and I got the left over time. Oh well , we shall see.

I really need to get around the board more. Nobody pms me anymore!

Sheryl. Sorry to hear life is crapping on you. When it rains it pours!! But remember how do u eat an elephant! One bite at a time. Deal with each issue as it comes. Know that this wind of turmoil will blow over. Sit alone and meditate. Listen to the positive voice tell u how strong u are and even though its tough now u KNOW u have the strength to get to the other side. Sending cyber hugs

OD maybe moving too fast but u. Deserve to have the relationship u want. Don't be afarid to tell Bill the live in thing maybe too much too fast. How far apart do u guys live? Maybe suggest weekends together not everyday. It sounds like u need to tell him this is too much too soon. Its okay to "pump the brakes a bit". Just my two cents

Daisy, I am not the judge of what is normal, but dating someone for a month and then moving in sounds really really fast to me. I would feel suffocated. I may be completely off base, but it puts a different perspective on his clingy ex girlfriend. Like, they were probably inseparable until the breakup so no wonder she seemed so clingy and needy. I am not sure if he just has different expectations or what. You need to follow your own gut and heart about what kind of relationship YOU want - I totally agree on that one!

Don't bother posting on the plastics thread. I have already been accused of being a cyber bully (wow, the conclusions that were leapt to when all I did was take issue with the blanket statement that results from Mexican surgeon were worse based on the research conducted by looking at photos). I never intended to send anyone into a tizzy and I think more fuel is not really ideal. "They" feel I was trying to bully them into silence about their plastics journey which is weird since I never even implied such a thing, but... whatever.

So, I am hanging in there. Luckily I have good friends and so have been able to talk through some things. You know what, it is just same ole same ole life but right now I feel like i am standing in a little canoe, a little off balance and waves are washing over the bow... it is that feeling. I think we all know the solution. First step, sit down and paddle..haha

I have the second meeting with the new personal trainer this evening. My injury is hurting this morning, I rode last night and of course didn't feel a thing as it was fun. We did alot of speed stuff, it was a physical ride. Then, I stretched and all that but a night of inactivity and I am sore. At least she seems to have a good idea of what the problem is. Basically, I am strong but some of my small muscles are under developed. The young PT didn't have the education to recognize that as he increased the load, the strong muscles were incorrectly taking over. She wants to decrease the work load significantly and focus on finding all these small muscles that are hiding and get them on par with the stronger muscles. If it works, it will likely improve backpain etc. It is kind of a weird thing though to be working at such a low intensity/low weights but since i am injured I don't have much of a choice do I.

Have a very happy day everyone - I am off to the office for some important meetings - it's good - keeps me very focused. :)

Oh and we have had massive snow this week in the mountains. David is of course a skiier (everybody is except me it seems). We were supposed to do stuff this weekend but he is going with friends to their cabin up at one of the main ski areas. I am okay with that since as much as I enjoy his company, the jury is still a little out on him. Not just the neo conservatism, I am watching for signs of control freak. So far, it is just polite things like ordering food for me at the restaurant, so no real red flag, but that kind of guy makes me wary ... like I just watch for it before we get in deep.

I did finally ask him what he was looking for, and it is a long term but wanting to go slow. Perfect. I told him that I want exclusive before it becomes physical to which he had no comment. That might end things right there... we shall see.

Denise, I have an issue with guys who move too fast -- ask for your space, it's okay!!

Sorry I've been absent, still trying to recover from the pneumonia and house move. The antibiotics made me super sick and I've been nauseated for two weeks now. I've lost 3kg, but I'm all weak and sloppy and loose, doesn't make me feel like I'm doing well or anything. I hate not having basic energy -- I suck at being sick.

But I've been inadvertently fasting a lot...? ;-)

Edited by swizzly