Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Found this buried (or for me it was) on a forum. Good read to what we already knew.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/07/29/205845319/two-day-diets-how-mini-fasts-can-help-maximize-weight-loss?ft=1

No, Not everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I had a miserable one.

Allen's brother came over in the morning. He is renting my other house. What a big mistake I made when I rented it to him. I had no idea Allen and I would be breaking up. Anyway, he gave me this big speech about how Allen and I had a good relationship and we needed to talk and work things out and bla bla bla.

he ruined my entired day. Then my 9 motth pregnant daughter came over with my SIL and 5 yr old grandson. Thank God for my grandson , the only bright spot in the day. Anyway I made the entire Thanksgiving dinner for the 3 of us. My grandson barely eats. They left the big mess for me, and went home. I took all the food and tossed it in the garbage. Practically an

entire Thanksgiving dinner in the trash.

Thank you for posting that link Georgia. I've never actually read anything on 5:2 but I sure know it works for me.

But Good News! GOAL! I barely ate yesterday because I was upset all day and the scale said 135 this morning!!

Way to go, Daisy! 135! That's awesome. Sorry about your day. I say tell them all to "shove it!" :). Wish I had that food you through away. Boy, I didn't know it would be so hard to not have leftovers to chomp on! LOL.

Daisy I am sorry you had a not so fun turkey day. Allen's ghost will be hanging around for awhile I think.

I MADE today a good day! Solved my and my son's cell phone issues. HIs girlfriend came with us to T-Mobile store at mall and helped me find the perfect booties for the leggings. Guess brand for 35 bucks. Screw black Friday, go Burlington coat factory!

Then I brought ingredients to make my good friend Mary's favorite cocktail and watched a movie at her house. She runs a doggie daycare and tonight had a weekend boarder in addition to her own dogs. Hard to feel sad with that pile of puppy love!!!

Plastics are way harder then advertised. My advice dont do it unless you are feeling really strong and up for the journey.

Many hugs to you all, lots going on for everyone. The holidays can really do a number on us, not to mention all the other burdens and challenges. GT, I'm totally thinking of you, sweets -- live through this, think about what's possible not about worst cases and keep your protocol going, I totally believe that will help soooo much. <3

I'm thinking of you all and wishing you good Thanksgiving and post Thanksgiving weekends, in the US. I'm not doing well at much right now, including 5:2. Just living in a huge heap of boxes in our temp place and trying not to freak out too much about ALL THE SH*T. There are so many worse things that can happen, but that doesn't seem to be making me feel better at all. I think no matter what we're going through, it is the worst thing ever...because it's us, it's our world and health and peace of mind. It doesn't matter if others are going through worse than us...cos that is THEIR worst thing ever and they are having a very similar experience to ours...of their own. If that makes any sense.

Anyhow. Hugs all around...

OD, how long is the agreement on your other house... perhaps he could move out when it ends? Sorry to hear that he thought it was ok to talk to you like that! But every cloud and all that - goal has gotta taste good?

Dee, I'm thinking of you, you are right, the situation we find ourselves in isn't comparative as it is subject - I hope you feel better soon - it must be a nightmare for you - sending you cwtches!

CGJ, time is a healer! If you remember I had a TT with muscle repair and BL back in March and that is now just a very small memory. I know it is half the surgery you had but the recovery sounds similar, especially the mental aspect of it. But I can tell you now, it does get better and you will feel the benefits. Once you are able to exercise it is like you've been given another chance. I stopped all vigorous exercise due my apron - it bounced and wobbled uncontrollably; not only was this really embarrassing but it also hurt my back and pelvis. My exercise was reduced to walking and although that was good and I enjoyed it, it didn't give me the stress release that I needed and I got frustrated easily. Now, I can do what I want without those problems. When I went back to the boxing gym, I couldn't believe the difference it made to how I could move; more nimble, quicker, lighter with no pain in my pelvis or back! And I also worried about my fitness, but it was fine - yes I was a little weaker but no one but me noticed!

Basically, what I am trying to say is the surgery that you've opted for is an ends to a means... and there is light at the end of the tunnel - be patient my friend! Hugs

Ok! So had a good week on the 5:2 - been rewarded with a new low of 156 - just 2lbs (a good dump as my beloved hubby would say) from my surgeon's goal. And it is my official weigh day so I'm gonna claim it as good. I knw the cycle of bounce and stick will stay with me for a little while now, but that's cool... I can't wait to say I've met my first goal weight!

It is my friend's hen night tonight, so I am gonna enjoy the cider and dancing know that I am the lightest I've been for nearly 20 years!

Right, I'm off to change my ticker! Have a great weekend my lovely friends x

Many hugs to you all, lots going on for everyone. The holidays can really do a number on us, not to mention all the other burdens and challenges. GT, I'm totally thinking of you, sweets -- live through this, think about what's possible not about worst cases and keep your protocol going, I totally believe that will help soooo much. <3 I'm thinking of you all and wishing you good Thanksgiving and post Thanksgiving weekends, in the US. I'm not doing well at much right now, including 5:2. Just living in a huge heap of boxes in our temp place and trying not to freak out too much about ALL THE SH*T. There are so many worse things that can happen, but that doesn't seem to be making me feel better at all. I think no matter what we're going through, it is the worst thing ever...because it's us, it's our world and health and peace of mind. It doesn't matter if others are going through worse than us...cos that is THEIR worst thing ever and they are having a very similar experience to ours...of their own. If that makes any sense. Anyhow. Hugs all around...

Aww, Swizzly, I can imagine. If you are like me, the worst is simply living with all the constant clutter! As you said, NOBODY has it as bad as WE do! Who would dare? Thankful for your honest perspective. As somebody who in almost sixty years has lived through lots of crap ( of course, not as bad as YOURS :), let me just say, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Accept a BIG SMOOCHY KISS on the cheek from me. Glad you are around! Hang in there!

Ok! So had a good week on the 5:2 - been rewarded with a new low of 156 - just 2lbs (a good dump as my beloved hubby would say) from my surgeon's goal. And it is my official weigh day so I'm gonna claim it as good. I knw the cycle of bounce and stick will stay with me for a little while now, but that's cool... I can't wait to say I've met my first goal weight! It is my friend's hen night tonight, so I am gonna enjoy the cider and dancing know that I am the lightest I've been for nearly 20 years! Right, I'm off to change my ticker! Have a great weekend my lovely friends x

Don't you love changing your ticker? Yaaayyyy!

Thanks for the love and hugs, it HELPS. :wub:

coops -- YAY on the new low!!! You are killing it, I'm so impressed. :)

Morning (afternoon and evening!) all!

Coops, Love your little starfish and finish line ticker!

Swizzly, My almost worst feeling thing is moving. I am not a "neat" person, I am a "collector" which means I have tons of crap... I hate moving it all!

Georgia, I just can't believe how successful the 5:2 has been for you, and how even with holiday cheer everywhere, you have continued to lose.... you too Coops! , your body and head are really in this game, cool!

The leftovers are clearing out quickly here... hubby is very happy to help with that and I am dishing him up big plates to get it out of here.... having some myself, but measuring and counting. I have not lost, but only up about 1 1/2 pounds, which is probably Water weight from all the carbs and salt, I'm pretty sure a couple of fast days of clean eating will finish those off... you know the old advice to switch it up if you are staling? I am switching it up... just a little... and will see if the body wants to dump some more weight after I clean it up!

Globe, you sound really good too, so happy to hear that positivity, it's healing to us all!

Sarsar, Brown, Skinny, Swiz and al l(I know Im missing some of you girls..don't mean too.), we do have a nice little family of sleeve sisters here.

Swiz, hang in there. Thinking of you...

Coops, congrats on your new low! Exciting. "A good dump" lol :)

Georgia, I love your ticker! Goal reached!!!!! Congratulations, so exciting!

Feed, don't you love being able to feed the leftovers to the hubs? We went to my moms this year so I didn't have a ton of leftovers sitting around. I didn't bring any home. But, she did make me my own lemon meringue pie to bring home. Whatever is left after this weekend is going in the garbage...shhhh...don't tell mom!

Laura, I love the beach pictures. You look great! It looks like you all had a great time.

Jane, do we get to see the booties?

OD, sorry for everything you are going through. I am happy that you made goal! Yippeeeee!

My daughter heads back to her home away from home tomorrow. Our mother/daughter time is coming to an end. I hate that. We have had a wonderful time, I just love it when the whole family is together. Last night her and I picked out all of my outfits for my trip to Arizona this week. I was just thinking now that I should have taken pictures and posted them! I'll have to have the hubs take some of me while next week when I'm wearing them.

Ladies, I totally forgot to tell you that I wore skinny jeans for the first time on Thanksgiving day! I'll post a pic when I upload them to the computer. I don't think skinny jeans look that great on me because I have a bigger butt, hips, thighs and calves. With the extra weight that I lost I felt more confident in them and my daughter and my sister said they looked great on me so I went for it!

Have a good weekend!

Coops....you box???????? That totally rocks. I want to get on a plane and go visit you at your gym!!! I want to know more! When I was in Mexico I saw a news story about awoman boxer. In Spanish so I didn't understand but I loved watching her train and had a fantasy of doing it for fitness.

Sar....bigger is relative....we see ourselves bigger then we are.

My good friend mary is 60. She used to be skinny now she is medium and dresses a little frumpy. She says I inspired her to upgrade her look because she thinks I look hot and she is like just a pant size bigger...so realizing she shouldn't just give up because she isn't tiny..she's normal size now. Side note: What's weird is she weighs 5# less is 2" taller but is a size10(nostretch real denim jeans where I am an 8). Anyway we judge selves too hard.

So what happened to pdxman? Seems like several people I used to see post are gone...at least from my view.

Must be mating season,my POF account suddenly generates a bunch of emails. Couple of these guys might be cool to talk to. Oh and speed dating is Dec6...means no Portland trek. The 35_55 age group seems to show up every other month. I don't feel confident in going to the 49 and under since men want younger most of the time...