Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coops...I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! 'Twill be the weigh-in heard round the world...! Glasses will be raised in your honor in the four corners of the earth!! 150s for you any day now...!! I'm seriously thrilled for you. :wub:

First, what happened to the poster called OTR Sleever? And also Iggy Chick?

OTR had a small regain - he posted about it a while back. I had already missed him and wondered where he was before that point, and he hasn't been around much since, either. It could be that he's busy but I also really regret that so many of our experienced (and regularly posting) voices go silent in the face of regain, or as soon as we realize we DON'T have all the answers. This isn't easy as pie. I keep saying that and I know that other people say that, too, but I don't think people really believe until they're the ones that backslide.

And all too often they disappear or don't want to come back. It's the ideal time to be here but it's hard.

I mean, imagine if the folks on this board disappeared for a few weeks or months and came back to say they went totally off the rails and were struggling? Not just with weight but with all that other stuff, too? Newbs might have heart attacks, even if we'd be a more accurate representation of the true challenges of life post op.

Just my 2 cents. And iggy? I miss that gal, but every time she shows up people flame her and chase her off. I doubt she gets much positivity and support here on VST and if she ever dares to share her personal experience or feelings she is lambasted and attacked. I've witnessed it dozens of times.

People only want to hear about rainbows, sunshine and free unicorns when they research the surgery. Very few people that ask to hear about the bad, negatives and regrets actually want to hear it.

~Cheri

Cheri - amazing insight, as per usual. I think most people tend to slink away in shame with regain... sadly. That is when we need the MOST support!

Coops - Just doing the happy dance accoss the pond for you! ***Chuffed to beans*** ha ha ha! Love that and I'm sooooooooooooo thrilled for you!

UK Cathy - Well, that is sweet (literally) and just goes to show even the best laid plans can go astray. Hope you enjoyed the treats and can get back to it when you are ready!

L-V - OMG you are soooooo close, hoping the 150's find you soon!

And finally an update...after fasting on Mon. the +2lbs from the weekend are poof gone, so I'm back to -4lbs. And actually I started this whole 5:2 on July 16th but only got in one day of fasting last week, so truly it has been exactly one week since I started and I'm hoping the -4lbs sticks around for a while and takes some friends with it.

Yesterday, during fasting, I noticed something odd and wanted to ask if anyone else had this happen. My teeth hurt. WT?? I was grocery shopping (good time to do it when you aren't actually HUNGRY) and my teeth started hurting. I have excellent teeth and generally have zero issues when it comes to good dental health, so why did my teeth hurt? I'm wondering if it was a bit of ketosis related? Anyone? TIA...

Ended yesterday at 592...not so great for a fast day, and yeah...that hard cider I had at the end of the night, unplanned, is what did it.

I'm struggling with emotions and stress right now and definitely need to take a closer look at my coping mechanisms. My inability to relax or let things go for the moment without a glass of wine or alcohol is very troubling and is something I'll need to work on, especially if my husband does go play soldier sooner rather than later.

Up on the scale after my fast day but I'm not terribly surprised. I kind of don't expect much out of the scale anymore! Hubs says that the scale is bonkers, anyway. His unscientific test on it the last two days indicates that it shows weights within a four pound range one after the other. I just bought the darn thing, too. I'll replace the batteries but it would be nice to believe that I'm not having as much fluctuation on the scale as I thought.

So, down from weigh-in on Sunday by eight tenths of a pound. Up from yesterday. Bleh. Dumb scale.

Normal day. Lots of cooking and baking today. A yummy, healthy dinner of shakshouka, salat yerakot (Israeli salad), freshly made pitas and hummus. Yum. This is a meal I need to keep in mind because it's ideally suited (sans pita) for fast days, too. Not too many calories.

I won't go into detail about the baking as a courtesy to those fasting.

Good luck, fasters! I'm glad to read that everyone is experiencing some measure of success here (extra special shout out to coops and M2G!) even if it sometimes seems frustrating to me.

~Cheri

M2G are you getting more artificial sweeteners than usual? Adding lemon to your Water and drinking more of it? Otherwise, no clue, but I hope someone can help you out!

~Cheri

M2G are you getting more artificial sweeteners than usual? Adding lemon to your Water and drinking more of it? Otherwise, no clue, but I hope someone can help you out!

~Cheri

Actually I had my usual Splenda in my coffee in the am and the rest of the day was clear Water. No other artificial sweeteners. But I did some googling and found this:

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/hormones-oral-health

It could be because it is TOM for me. Or could have been a combo of ketosis and TOM...so much fun. At any rate they seem fine today, and my dentist knows that I'm sleeved. Maybe I will ask her about it next time...except that doesn't happen until Dec. lol I will call her if it persists!

Thank you Cheri! :wub:

Cathy... aren't those parents lovely! Showering you with choccies can only mean one thing as far as I am concerned.... you are good at your job!!

Had a weird fast day yesterday... very 'shaky' through the day' date=' and I mean literally shaky - I think it was due to the heat, humidity and the fact that I spent hours in my garden working! My restriction was incredible too - I had my fruit and yogurt (about 150g) and I could only manage half of it! I put what I couldn't eat in the fridge and finished it for 'tea'! It was just like the first mth I was sleeved and going onto solids. Very strange.

I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but I just can't help myself, and I buzzing to tell you - I saw 160 this morning. !) x[/quote']

OMG! That's awesome!

OTR had a small regain - he posted about it a while back. I had already missed him and wondered where he was before that point, and he hasn't been around much since, either. It could be that he's busy but I also really regret that so many of our experienced (and regularly posting) voices go silent in the face of regain, or as soon as we realize we DON'T have all the answers. This isn't easy as pie. I keep saying that and I know that other people say that, too, but I don't think people really believe until they're the ones that backslide.

And iggy? I miss that gal, but every time she shows up people flame her and chase her off. I doubt she gets much positivity and support here on VST and if she ever dares to share her personal experience or feelings she is lambasted and attacked. I've witnessed it dozens of times.

OTR Sleever isn't even searchable in the members' list anymore. I didn't realise he was post-op long enough to have started gaining. I wonder if he will see the Vets' forum and maybe give it another go. I hope so!

As for Iggy -- do you know if she's all better now? Did all her complications eventually clear up? I was away from VST for a few months cos life intervened, so I missed some things I had been following up till then.

Yesterday, during fasting, I noticed something odd and wanted to ask if anyone else had this happen. My teeth hurt. WT?? I was grocery shopping (good time to do it when you aren't actually HUNGRY) and my teeth started hurting. I have excellent teeth and generally have zero issues when it comes to good dental health, so why did my teeth hurt? I'm wondering if it was a bit of ketosis related? Anyone? TIA...

I have totally had the same issue. For me it's because I'm grinding my teeth a bit, or at least tensing my jaw more. I hate it! I don't know why fasting causes that, but it seems to be a thing for me anyhow.

I'm struggling with emotions and stress right now and definitely need to take a closer look at my coping mechanisms. My inability to relax or let things go for the moment without a glass of wine or alcohol is very troubling and is something I'll need to work on

Hmm. I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so overwhelmed. I'm in a similar situation with alcohol, but not for the same reasons. I am not feeling the need to self-medicate (though I totally relate with that, been there in the past for sure), but I'm feeling this sort of...vindication? Or maybe a bit of anger? Where I JUST WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN GODD**MIT! You know what I mean? I've been slogging through one hard thing after another, dragging my sorry ass through misery and abuse and arghhhhhh, all while being sort of perpetually fat since the start of the 21st Century LOL. And now I FINALLY effing feel a bit better and I am FINALLY feeling good in my skin and I JUST WANT TO ENJOY IT. I WANT to go out with friends, I want to get tipsy and be an idiot. And I don't want to say no to any of it.

So yeah. I'll have my summer of fun and then I'll knuckle down on that part too. Three weeks in the US will pretty much mean three weeks of no alcohol LOL.

Good luck, Cheri. You're good people, believe that. <3

Yesterday started as a fast but changed as it was a training day at work and they put out all the goodies given by our lovely parents as appreciation of looking after their beautiful Children.I work in a residential college for disabled students: natstar.ac.uk (pls look it up).

I work in a day program for adults with Developmental disabilities. Love my work!

Cheri - amazing insight, as per usual. I think most people tend to slink away in shame with regain... sadly. That is when we need the MOST support!

And finally an update...after fasting on Mon. the +2lbs from the weekend are poof gone, so I'm back to -4lbs. And actually I started this whole 5:2 on July 16th but only got in one day of fasting last week, so truly it has been exactly one week since I started and I'm hoping the -4lbs sticks around for a while and takes some friends with it.

Glad this is working out well for you! I have been noticing ketosis at the end of fast days, the morning after....

I am down the recient bounce, plus another .2.... lowest yet this year.

And HURRAY COOPS!!!!!

Fast day for me. Hoping I STAY in the high 150s this week. 158 is my loss point for last week. I usually bounce up after the FOUR DAYS NORMAL (that's really too long for me) and then back down to below the previous loss if lucky. At least a pound or two I'm hoping I see 157 or 6 this week!!!!

Thinking I'd really like to do Monday and Thursday BUT I'm OFF on Mondays and usually we do something on that day so..... But I really don't like having four LONG DAYS between Fast Days.

What do ya'll think about frequency?

I do like monday/ths best.... I did Tue/ths and it was too long like you say.

I am really bummed. I had a fast day yesterday and a gain. what is up with that.

I was in a lot of pain all day, and slept a lot. I had 2 Protein Shakes and a few cherries.

I don't know why I can weirdly gain like that. I am going to be really careful today. It must be Water weight because I did not cheat, but it's discouraging.

I am really bummed. I had a fast day yesterday and a gain. what is up with that.

I was in a lot of pain all day, and slept a lot. I had 2 Protein Shakes and a few cherries.

I don't know why I can weirdly like that. I am going to be really careful today. It must be Water weight because I did not cheat, but it's discouraging.

Pain does strange things to the body! Probably Fluid retention. Remember, you do have swelling in your body too.

Hope they get you some relief soon!!

I agree with what Georgia said, pain swelling and stress will do that to you! And with a broken wrist? Yep all three.

Cheri,

I really believe the stress has a lot to do with it too, when I am holding on to stress even if its just stress about losing weight no matter what I do it doesn't budge.

I love when people say let go if the stress :P

But once in a while when I do, things get moving in a positive direction again.

My son likes to get all zen and align his chakras once in awhile I can find my zen too!

Oh mg2 no mouth pain here.. That's weird.

Anyway fast day today it's 12:00 and I will have my first meal soon, I've been busy cleaning this morning so time got away from me.

I like my Tuesday Thursday because it flows well with the Wednesday in between yes it's almost like three days of doing it because of the cut off time on Wednesday. But then I'm free and don't have to think all those other days!