Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastics update!!!! I wanted to type this before but didn't have time.

Yesterday I met with my surgeon again and this time my husband came along so he could ask any questions he had and put his mind at ease. He's afraid I'm going to die. Funny thing is, that thought hadn't even crossed my mind. Anyway, we went over exactly what he is going to do in more detail than my original consult. Standing there naked, pulling and stretching my skin all over! lol I thought of more questions and he and his nurse answered them. I love this surgeon. He seems like the type of surgeon that is going to take how ever long it takes in the operating room to do just what I want .He really listens to what I have to say and is trying to shape my body the way I want it with realistic expectations. I think of him as an artist!

I'm very excited. Surgery is set for Tuesday, July 1st...2 weeks! I need to be at the hospital at noon. The surgery will take 6-8 hours and I will be having a Tummy Tuck and lower body lift. He will do some Lipo on my saddle bags and anywhere else he thinks I need it when he gets going.

The first week after surgery my husband and boys will be here to help with anything I need. The second week they will actually be gone camping but I have family within a few minutes of me so if I need anything they will be here. The third week on I am hoping to be moving around and feeling ok. I know I'll be moving slow and my boys will be here to help with lifting and things like that.

Today I've been feeling very selfish about doing this surgery. I mean, it's a lot of money. Money that could be put towards fixing up the house or other things. Also, with my in laws needing so much attention right now I'm feeling selfish that I'm putting myself first and doing this surgery right now. Then I think to myself that any time I decide to do it there will always be something going on. Those are the thoughts going through my crazy head right now.

Sheryl and Sue, did you put anything on your scars as they healed to help them fade? Would you two mind posting a picture of your scars so I can see how they look as of now? I think I saw yours a few months ago, Sheryl. If you don't want to take the time to do that, no worries.

You can do this Georgia! 600 calories isn't bad at all, it's close to 500.

Girl I am happy to share updated scar photos. I will get some new ones soon and post. Here is what I will say... I don't even notice them anymore. If they were twice as bad I'd still be happy. Plastics were life changing!!!

I did mederma and silicone strips. I am not convinced that made a lick of difference and was a royal pain. I still think you should because then you know you did everything possible....peace of mind. I am so excited for you!!! Does your doc have before and after photos on real self?

SarSar - for exercising, people of any age can wear leggings, it is those mid-calf loose legged exercise pants that make women look middle aged frumpy :P

Sar good for you and hubby speaking up about your InLaws. I can relate. Caring for parents is really hard. I mentioned I had to make the tough decision to coax my mom into a nursing home. She is 77 but years of dialysis has taken a toll on her. She can hardly walk uses a walker to get around and was falling very often in her apt. She had care givers coming in to help dress and clean but still was lots of time alone. I would have to drive across town to get her dressed for bed and into bed to be sure she didn't fall. It was getting very difficult for everyone. I convinced her it was safer for her in a nursing home. She's been there since april and absolutly HATES it!! The people there are much older then her and are in real coma like states. Aids don't come when she calls. And she says there isn't much to do. However she's not falling any more. I feel bad she has to spend her last years in a place she hates. So I am working on getting my house suitable to bring her in. But gotta work on that with hubby. She always has snide remarks about him. "Why doesn't he do that" "why doesn't he cook more" she tends to wanna run things. Hard to shut her down and let me run my house. URGH!! Her memory is getting really bad. Hasn't been diaognosed with Alz but its really bad

So Sar I feel for you. Caring for your parents is like caring for a child takes time patience love and the strength to make the tough decisions. We do the best we can

SarSar - for exercising, people of any age can wear leggings, it is those mid-calf loose legged exercise pants that make women look middle aged frumpy :P [/quote

Love it! Thanks for the laugh, Floriinda!

Morning ladies, Ah the parents! I still have them both, and for that I am thankful, but I do see the little and not so little signs of "the end". I (and they) take it one day at a time. Sarah, dont feel guilty, you are doing a lot, and this will give you strength to do more once your surgery is behind you. Keeping moral up is important!  And yes, get those skinny pants! Honestly, I don't care that much if I look like "mutton dressed as lamb" as my hubby calls it... but so far no one has called me that... and I dress pretty "young" if I like the style. 

Wanda, I take a Mega Strength Beta Sitosterol by Source Natural before any meal (when I remember!) that has higher cholesterol in it...I dont eat meat, but dairy is usually the culprit... I don't eat many eggs now. I used to take fish oil caps daily, but being a vegetarian, never wanted to do it really... that did bring my numbers down a little, but the months before this last test I stopped the fish oil, started adding some chia seeds , walnuts and flax and oatmeal now and again, and taking the plant sterols every couple of days before the cholesterol rich meals, and my lab numbers went down even more.

http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/low-cholesterol-diet-plant-sterols-stanols

these are the ones I use and not too expensive:

http://www.puritan.com/source-naturals-brand-0111/beta-sitosterol-mega-strength-024059?scid=3763&cmp=gpl-_-024059&CAWELAID=520010730000014614&gclid=CPqQusbPg78CFdJcfgodfUMArg

I have my doc appoint to review my detailed nutritional analysis. I am pissed that it wasn't mailed to me like I was told would happen. I wanted to study them in advance so I could make sure all my questions were answered. Okay, we are not off to a good start... but i will find out more today.

I just had the weirdest damn thing ever. I broke up with Steven awhile ago. He is catching an airplane for a trip to Germany - a trip i would have LOVED to go on but of course he does everything last minute that doesn't work in a responsible adults life and I couldn't have gone even if he had invited me or we weren't broke up - but I was still sorta miffed by it I guess. Irrational. Okay, he called me last night to sorta talk and to explain about the trip and to make nice (we were supposed to have dinner so we could I guess really talk things through and now it is postponed another 2 weeks.) NEVER EVER get involved with a salesman. I am pretty sure by the end of the call he had talked me into seeing him again, giving him another chance. I hung up the phone, was feeling all good about things and then I realized... what the f*ck just happened? Anyway, I have 2 weeks to reorganize my thoughts and try again. It doesn't help that I am still in love with him does it??? I am sorta laughing about it because it is amazing how some people talk you into things and you don't even realize it. I have been told that I do that to other people and now I have had a taste of my own medicine I guess... you have to see the humor in these situations.

Like, someone I have hardly seen in MONTHS can influence me like that in a 30 minute phone call. I am learning alot these days.

I have my doc appoint to review my detailed nutritional analysis. I am pissed that it wasn't mailed to me like I was told would happen. I wanted to study them in advance so I could make sure all my questions were answered. Okay, we are not off to a good start... but i will find out more today. I just had the weirdest damn thing ever. I broke up with Steven awhile ago. He is catching an airplane for a trip to Germany - a trip i would have LOVED to go on but of course he does everything last minute that doesn't work in a responsible adults life and I couldn't have gone even if he had invited me or we weren't broke up - but I was still sorta miffed by it I guess. Irrational. Okay, he called me last night to sorta talk and to explain about the trip and to make nice (we were supposed to have dinner so we could I guess really talk things through and now it is postponed another 2 weeks.) NEVER EVER get involved with a salesman. I am pretty sure by the end of the call he had talked me into seeing him again, giving him another chance. I hung up the phone, was feeling all good about things and then I realized... what the f*ck just happened? Anyway, I have 2 weeks to reorganize my thoughts and try again. It doesn't help that I am still in love with him does it??? I am sorta laughing about it because it is amazing how some people talk you into things and you don't even realize it. I have been told that I do that to other people and now I have had a taste of my own medicine I guess... you have to see the humor in these situations. Like, someone I have hardly seen in MONTHS can influence me like that in a 30 minute phone call. I am learning alot these days.

I laughed when I read this because my husband is a salesman. He sells investments and deals with financial issues. His sale tactics don't work on me anymore, we've been married much too long for that! Ha

You are looking for so much more. Steven can't give you what you need. To me, looking in from the outside, he's not healthy for you. You deserve more.

Oh Sarsar, i know, I know. He WAS great for me, I want more now and I don't believe he can deliver it. I think he is fooling himself thinking that he can - a leopard and his spots you know. He still loves me too... so it is all part of that hanging on to these "dreams". The funny part is me not even realizing I had even been talked into not being broken up... like WTF??? He wasn't even obviously persuading me. it was weird and amusing. Luckily for me I am becoming more grounded in my own needs and I am absolutely sure what my minimum requirements are. It was nuts, so i am just sharing this as the joke on Sheryl.

Oh Sarsar, i know, I know. He WAS great for me, I want more now and I don't believe he can deliver it. I think he is fooling himself thinking that he can - a leopard and his spots you know. He still loves me too... so it is all part of that hanging on to these "dreams". The funny part is me not even realizing I had even been talked into not being broken up... like WTF??? He wasn't even obviously persuading me. it was weird and amusing. Luckily for me I am becoming more grounded in my own needs and I am absolutely sure what my minimum requirements are. It was nuts, so i am just sharing this as the joke on Sheryl.

You are an amazing woman, Sheryl. Whoever ends up in a relationship with you will be one lucky man!

On a side note, i would love to see a pic of Tino. I am so enjoying following along with the love lives of you, Denise, and Florinda.

Its funny, I'm sure the love is real, but still, sometimes what you can't have, you kind of value more. I took months to say yes to my husband... I knew there were areas that he just could not deliver for me...and yet areas where only he could... and 20 years later, thats exactly the same place we still are. If you can't just live with the problem areas, then get out. If you are willing to give up your exact picture, for some good quality of what you do want , then maybe it could work. I think I really knew what I was getting into, and yet, in the deepest part of my heart, I would like him to mature about a few things, for his own good...even though I know better than to count on this ever happening.

My test results are back. Doctor was shocked my nutritional analysis results are excellent. So the conclusion for me really is that I lost appetite due to being lonely.. triggered after my return from my mexico vacation. I am eating again, weight is stable. I am going to start working out again next week I hope this is behind me now.

Its funny, I'm sure the love is real, but still, sometimes what you can't have, you kind of value more. I took months to say yes to my husband... I knew there were areas that he just could not deliver for me...and yet areas where only he could... and 20 years later, thats exactly the same place we still are. If you can't just live with the problem areas, then get out. If you are willing to give up your exact picture, for some good quality of what you do want , then maybe it could work. I think I really knew what I was getting into, and yet, in the deepest part of my heart, I would like him to mature about a few things, for his own good...even though I know better than to count on this ever happening.

As it relates to steven I really could live with a great deal of the "negatives" but there is one fundamental that will drive us both crazy which is how our social needs are fullfilled. He wheels and deals all day long and at the end of the day is allergic to people. ..haha. even me, he just gets burned out on people and often doesn't have the emotional energy to "be there" for people he loves. I am opposite. I am out going but do not enjoy or thrive on interactions with strangers. It drains me BUT people I love I want alot of contact with. My little dog suzy is like this. .wants to check in with the pack regularly. So what this difference does is make me feel lonely and him feel crowded. I know much of this is baggage from a 10 year marriage to his second wife who was a harpie. He has told me I am not like that and he wants to be less hermit like (in fact his counselor thinks I am good for him because I push him to interact with someone he loves frequently). However this is a set up for fail on both our sides. It doesn't change that we both feel love, affection and attraction. We have that ever elusive chemistry which is like a drug.. tricks you into believing the impossible. And there is an element of wanting what is unreachable I suppose. It has always been safe because I knew it was short term. He is I think experimenting with changing his mind but in spite of his intentions and love... I don't believe he can change.

I "came out" to my Mom last night; with my boyfriend in the room for support, I told her about my Dx. She was very sad and in shock.