Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks, and I actually plan to sit down tonight and read this whole thread, I expect knowing you guys, it will be quite entertaining. Lol.

Now that should take you all night! Check out the research thread too, some good science and/or anecdotal info there. Have you watched the BBC show that started this particular protocol? This site has an anoying popup, but is one of the only places I can find the show right now... well worth watching, around 55 minutes...

http://leangainsguide.com/diet/igf-1-and-fasting/

Edited by feedyoureye

Ok I'm at the doctors office! I decided to go big.. If I couldn't reach my goal on that stupid scale I Thought imma going to at least look good :P You know the drill wearing the lightest clothes you can.. f**k it! I've layered up the wazoo. I've got two sweaters on an undershirt heavy jeans my studded belt and a heavy necklace :D Stepped on my home scale and I read 153!!! Lol from 149 to that!!

Edited by laura-ven

Jane, exciting about the date...wish you could take a picture of him so we could see what he looks like! :)

OD, I was totally thinking that the guy was acting like a child when he didn't answer your call. You don't need him, that's for sure!

Swiz, thinking of you. Hope you are keeping your head above Water these days. Try to stay strong, one foot in front of the other.

Skinny and Laura, I'm sorry about the troubles with your daughters. Laura, yours is in high school, right? That's a tough age. She will figure things out eventually, hopefully. Sometimes we don't even have things figured out and yet we expect so much from our kids! (Not saying that's what you are doing.)

Skinny, it must be so hard to go through all of that. You are right she has to make her own decisions, she is grown. My daughter is 23 and it's hard to let them go and make their own life but it's what we raise them to do.

Brown, are you doing ok?

M2G, you are so right about the stupid scale...the 2 or 3 pounds we are wanting to see...why do we let them mess with our brains so much??

Kim, how tall is your hubs? He look like he's tall in the pic...nice looking guy!

Globe, just wanted you to know I am thinking of you!

Susan, welcome to the group. Have fun reading the thread. This group is much more than 5:2, you will find out a lot about us when you read! The first couple weeks of fasting are tough but eventually it gets easier and for me, I enjoy my fast days. It's like my body looks forward to them now. Good luck.

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone...

Hope you are all having a good day.

Oh, M2G, would you mind posting your fudge recipe? As long as it's ok with everyone else, if it's too tempting or it bothers anyone just say so! Before my sleeve I loved fudge, now I can take it or leave it (not too many foods are like that so I will take whatever I can get). My husband loves it and I'm looking for a good recipe to try out on him.

Ok I'm at the doctors office! I decided to go big.. If I couldn't reach my goal on that stupid scale I Thought imma going to at least look good :P You know the drill wearing the lightest clothes you can.. f**k it! I've layered up the wazoo. I've got two sweaters on an undershirt heavy jeans my studded belt and a heavy necklace :D Stepped on my home scale and I read 153!!! Lol from 149 to that!!

Your pic shows an error I think

It didn't show up?? Oh I'll try again..

I like your new photo!

Oh guess what??

My surgeon called me a SUCCESS!! He actually thought I'm good! It felt kinda good :)

post-167126-0-29609000-1386791026_thumb.jpg

It didn't show up?? Oh I'll try again..

I like your new photo!

Oh guess what??

My surgeon called me a SUCCESS!! He actually thought I'm good! It felt kinda good :)

attachicon.gif:

See, you are a success...now you just have to believe it!

You look great in your pic!

Georgia, I forgot to mention before that I love your new pic...you look so happy!

It didn't show up?? Oh I'll try again.. I like your new photo! Oh guess what?? My surgeon called me a SUCCESS!! He actually thought I'm good! It felt kinda good :)

You look great!! And you ARE a success!!!!

Lol I just did a shameless plug for myself in the vets forum :P Thanks guys. We gotta take these feel good moments when we can you know.

Yep! Fully and totally agree!

Kim, how tall is your hubs? He look like he's tall in the pic...nice looking guy!

Sarsar, hes a big hulking Kiwi, around 6'1", 255 pounds, (we used to weight the same!) and his hands are GIANT. He has Fred Flintstone feet... he didn't wear shoes until he was 12! Country boy. I met him by a bus stop in the Himalaya. I could totally see him swinging a sword in some Scottish battle. His clans motto is "Conquer or Die" and our clan motto is "Love" Do you think we might have different conflict resolving styles? You would be right. :)

I have gone out with men of all sizes and shapes. I did like his stature for sure, and he likes bigger girls, so that worked for me too.

Sarsar, hes a big hulking Kiwi, around 6'1", 255 pounds, (we used to weight the same!) and his hands are GIANT. He has Fred Flintstone feet... he didn't wear shoes until he was 12! Country boy. I met him by a bus stop in the Himalaya. I could totally see him swinging a sword in some Scottish battle. His clans motto is "Conquer or Die" and our clan motto is "Love" Do you think we might have different conflict resolving styles? You would be right. :)

I have gone out with men of all sizes and shapes. I did like his stature for sure, and he likes bigger girls, so that worked for me too.

Wow!! He is a big boy!! I must admit it is nice to be with someone bigger.. But it doesn't always work out that way. My husband is taller yes. 5'9 and some change..but he has a smaller body type (our hands are the same) and weighs in the high 150's low 160's It's can be kinda of a mind game when I'm bigger.

But love is love is love :)

Edited by laura-ven

Crickey! This thread has gone bonkers... just caught up - so much to read - phew!

Seems like there is a mixed bag out there right now - cwtches to those who need it!

Oh, and hello Susan! Great to see you on board- this thread really has been a life saver for me, I hope you will feel the same way!

GT - you are such a wise, wise woman - loves back at'cha xx

Love that story! What were you doing in the Himalaya? Working?

I am also attracted to big guys. My husband is 6 foot and about 200 pounds. He likes it when he weighs around 185-190 pounds and I like it when he's about 200, a little more meat on the bones. I would have liked someone even bigger but I fell in love with all 6 feet of him!:) I like that I'm smaller than him. Now that I've lost more weight he keeps commenting that there isn't anything to grab on me anymore...I told him there's lots of skin to grab...lol!

Gotta tell ya, I am going Soup mad here - if I can blend it, it is soup! So warm and filling - tasty and low cals as it is all veggie! Loving it - and so is the rest of the family.

Saw a new low - just want it to stick now so I can change my ticker thingy - but I'm not hopeful as I have two weekends of festive drinkies ahead of me.

I hope you don't mind giving me some feedback - i bought this dress and I 'think' it looks ok... hubby says yes, but he always does.

post-107967-0-41074400-1386802852_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-98518800-1386802854_thumb.jpg

excuse the bare legs and slippers...lol - it is freezing over here, so I would wear this with tights and heeled black shoes - not sure which ones yet though.

Do I brave it? It is 'fitted' and the little pouch that is left from my TT does show, but I am sure that it is only me that really notices and is bothered by it!

Opinions?

x