Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"This forum is dedicated to veteran Sleevers who are one year or more post-op to discuss issues specific to those who are further along in their journey. You must be one year out to create topics or post here."

good

Testing this out from my android app...you can ignore this post.

Testing this out from my android app...you can ignore this post.

Hi just reading an article in the times announcing that Michael Mosley has a new book Fast Exercise which he says complements the 5:2 diet. Off to Amazon now.

Amazon UK says it has not been released yet and no release date given.

Hi ladies yesterday was a good fast day. I had to work from home which makes fasting harder for me. But I was determined and time went by drinking cups of hot green tea keeps the nibbles at bay. Ended the day at 508 with fish and veggies. Vet fourm not ever going to be for vets only. The newbies will always post and say "I want to ask a vet a question". Good memory LV it was me that came back to the site and had to post for weeks to get to 100 posts to join. Not sure there is a way around that or Alex can't keep them out unless he. Can. Use the surgery date in their profile instead of number of post. Being in IT myself I do believe that is possible. Funny being in IT and I can't figgure out how to enter a blank line in my post. Hahaha. UKCathy u sound down. Just one of those days? I know the feeling. "why am I tourturing myself? Why can't I control myself" "get off the couch and exercise" "won't matter stupid scale won't move anyway". But then I try to suck it up, tell the fatty in my head to shut up, and I try to have a good clean day. No treats on fast day I tell myself tomorrow u can have protien chocolate pudding or the weight watcher frozen treat I plan in on non fast days. Journey is long but we are in it for a reason. Hang in there ! Off to work today. Everyone have a good clean day

Yes I took the 100 posts out.. If I remember correctly it was brown, that came back as a vet and didn't have the hundred posts and had to keep posting to get them so she could get into the vets forum.. Alex wants your input so change what you think.. So I thought this..

"This forum is dedicated to veteran Sleevers who are one year or more post-op to discuss issues specific to those who are further along in their journey. You must be one year out to create topics or post here."

That sounds good, and totally agree about the number of posts being pretty much irrelevant.

Brown you are doing good! Cathy you also. I think even if you hit a fast day with 600, 700, 800 calories that really does count ...because you are restricting what you eat. It may not fit the 5:2 but we also don't eat 2000 calories on a feast day so overall we are eating less, calorically speaking.

I think I hit just about 600 yesterday for my fast day. But more importantly, I did it, managed to not snack or graze, which is always my downfall.

Happy Belated Birthday to Steve! Coops, I would have eaten cake too and enjoyed it! Hope he had a good bday.

I posted the MIchael Mosley fast exercise link here someplace... he did a show on it, just like the fast eat show. Its pretty cool, 3 minutes a week exercise. Its basically a HIT program.

promo... the long version is not online anymore that I can find...

http://video.pbs.org/video/2364990532/

http://www.nextavenue.org/blog/3-minutes-exercise-and-two-fasts-week-future-fitness

Tough day... I know I can be all about me sometimes.. I am sorry, but I feel out of control I have self hate and want to ruin my progress with binging...

Ok I'm going to clean some toilets and cheer my self up o_0

Tough day... I know I can be all about me sometimes.. I am sorry, but I feel out of control I have self hate and want to ruin my progress with binging...

Ok I'm going to clean some toilets and cheer my self up o_0

Good rule of thumb - you should be AT LEAST as nice to yourself as you would be to a dear friend....

Hang in there.

Brown, great job on your fast day! You got this! You can do it!!

Cathy, I'm going to have to check out the fast exercise book.

It's interesting because last week Monday and yesterday I worked out with my trainer in the morning (I usually have a session with her on Monday mornings), I also fast on Mondays. The last couple weeks during my session I would get dizzy and feel like I was going to pass out. This happens to me about half way through my hour long session. Now, if I work out in the evening on my fast day I don't seem to have a problem.

Laura, hang in there. I know I won't have the words to make you feel better. I wish I did. I hate that you are feeling the self hatred. I have felt that in the past, it's been a long time but I remember the feelings of hating myself and it's not a good place to be. Try not to binge, as you know it will only make it worse. Can you get out and go or a walk or do some exercise to try to take the edge off? I wonder if boxing would be a good thing for you to get into? I love lifting heaving things and punching things...helps me get my anger out when I'm stressed. Hugs to you.

I'm busy getting ready for the trip. Our plane leaves early tomorrow morning. If I don't get on while I'm gone, I'll be thinking of all of you. I loaded the mobile app so I may be around. We are coming back late Saturday night.

Jane it's so hard today...

Thank you for what you said here and the other thread.. I was doing so good and now it seems to be falling apart?

I wish I could get out of the black and white and live in the gray for a while..

I do believe it would be helpful to me as a veteran if we post after being sleeved for at least a year. Heck some of us can accumulate a 100 posts in just a couple of days.....Hahahaha...:P

Yesterday I ended the day at 700 calories instead of 500. But when I fast, the next day I feel shaky and weak....Is this normal....? But after getting going I am ok. It's a horrible feeling....

Thank you Georgia for the Keurig dark chocolate hint......The funny thing is the hot chocolate from Swiss Miss would make me kind of nauseous...that should of been a big clue...... LOL

LV don't be too hard on yourself........take a deep breath and breathe......You are doing fantastic.....You will do the gray in due time......I have difficulties with the gray zone......but you do really well with 5:2 so keep it up.......Hugs my dear friend! :P

Sometimes, a memory of my past just resurfaces - like an embarrassing event, or something i wish i had done differently. It is almost not in my control - my little voice will speak to that memory - like "you were so stupid". I have learned to yell back at the liar.. and say things "no, I was just young and naive". Or when it says things about how ugly I am "I say no, I am pretty enough and am lucky enough to be even a little exotic looking" (okay, maybe that was just a line but i have heard it a few times). It's hard but i think over time, if you repeat the good words, the self affirmations, they start to edge out the bad talk.

FWIW, my dad was terribly verbally abusive. You couldn't walk across the room without being told you did something wrong - or were fat or ugly. I can remember him commenting on clothes I was wearing - that it made me look like a barrel. My nickname was "house" due to my hugeness. What's funny is that by today's standards, I wasn't even THAT fat - but by 1970s standards I guess I was huge beyond belief, that is at least the way my dad and many kids at school made me feel. I am fairly sure that the "voice" is much of what I heard as a child and don't even remember anymore, but it is so ingrained it just keeps talking to me like an unwelcome guest. well, f*ck that crap. I am not living the rest of my life being insulted and abused. Nobody real does it to me anymore - no reason at all for me to do it to myself either.

Laura, not sure what is at the root of your little demon voice, but it is a liar, I promise you.

Tough day... I know I can be all about me sometimes.. I am sorry, but I feel out of control I have self hate and want to ruin my progress with binging... Ok I'm going to clean some toilets and cheer my self up o_0

Hugs to you, Pal! This too shall pass! I think a lot of us tend to get a little melancholy during holidays. I have some toilets you can clean too if you need more!!!