Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I posted the list on the vets forum. I know, not really vets, I think you need at least a year to even start to get the full impact of the sleeve....

Skinny! the hot chocolate thing is so like something I would do!

Chimera, what a horrible story! Just one thing after another, best of luck to her....

Hot chocolate will really sabotage us! :P I have pretty much stayed int he Vet's forum and the majority of my posts lately have been in the 5:2 and enabling......:)

At least a year yes.. I have mentioned this to Alex recently.

I hate to be bitchy about it but Butter mentioned that most of us girls stick to the 5:2 group these days.. And not the vets forum. But now that the flood gates have been open to anyone posting it's not the same.

Lol yes I'm pmsing too :P

But I stand by my words :)

I'm going to go check out the new posting and expand my visitation to other posts.......hehehehe....

I do stick to this group most of the time. If the vets group was just vets then I would probably post more there.

ALEX, ALEX, ALEX, (I figure if I yelled his name he would read this) will you please change the vet group to so that only vets can post? Also, I agree, vets should be a year out.

Hmm, I only really come here - the 5:2 place! I like this group; we are tight and we know each other well now... I am also pleased it is closed and a small group - makes me feel 'safe' to share.

I sometimes check the vets forum but not daily! I agree a vet is at least a year.

Ok, so it is Steve's birthday today, and true to form he wanted take away for tea and cake for dessert! Obviously I joined the food fest! Thank you sleeve for keeping the portions small!

Fasting tomo and looking forward to having a rest from food - Soup all the way for me. I've made some butternut squash ready for tea and will have a cuppa soup or the like in work. As long as it is hot, I'm happy!

Oh sorry about mentioning...er...those things...which I won't mention again!

I'm sitting right about 200cals and it's almost 3pm so that is GOOD. I haven't a CLUE about dinner yet, maybe pork chops and green Beans. yes, that will do.

MsSkinny...sorry about the chocolate...I HATE it when I do that kind of thing...but it does happen to all of us...at least you've got it all figured out.

Chimera...yep yep yep, never take for granted our health. NEVER! I'm so sorry about your support group friend I am hoping she pulls through this.

Another person agreeing about the Vets forum and agreeing that it *should* be a year before you can post there. I used to like Butter's title for his profile, something along the lines The Longer I'm Here the Less I Know...ha ha ha! I know it goes against what we are saying here but everyone thinks they get the sleeve and they have this thing ALL FIGURED OUT, (I'm including myself in this too) and then we realize, oh sh*t this isn't going to fix everything...and I'm on this journey, for well, for FRICKING LIFE! Ha ha ha. It's a slow burn...the realization that the journey doesn't end just because you get your weight to start with a 1, or your jeans in single digits, or your goal weight. Bah. It's the ever-elusive oasis in the desert...maybe when we reach _______ we can relax ...when the reality is totally different.

Sorry got on a tangent there...just wanted to pop back in and say the girls "squish" session is over with, and the tech accidentally punched me in the chin...she was so apologetic and worried...I'm like lady, listen the punch in the chin is nothing compared to the squish..lol :D

I need to get a mammogram. I was supposed to get one last year when I turned 40 and I never did. I better get on that...I don't even have any girls to squish anymore. All I have is left over skin with a nipple...isn't that sad? My A cup is too big and I'm not exaggerating!

Alex just sent me this, but

The thing I'm stuck on is the 100 posts?

What do you girls think?

From Alex...

"This forum is dedicated to veteran Sleevers who are six or more months post-op to discuss issues specific to those who are further along in their journey. You must have 100 posts in order to post here.

Edit it and send back to me please. I'll post the new description and I'll post a sticky in the topic as well."

Hi everyone, still here but just sitting quietly at the back of the room just listening. I just don't feel that I have anything to add just now, I'm finding the 5:2 hard to stick to at the moment, I seem to be hitting about 700 on fast days and the carbs are too high. I just need to give myself a good talking to.

LV I just loved your pictures of the beach where you took your thanksgiving sandwiches.

Coops your new low is fantastic, you too OD

Globe I greatly admire your resolve, to be in a foreign country with a diagnosis and all it's uncertainties, yet you are exercising and eating right - I would just dissolve I think. I can't say that I know what you are going through, cos I don't - I have never been ill. I do think about you though when I pray (hope you don't mind) and I ask that you are given peace of mind as I know that you are concerned for the future.

Georgia you are certainly our poster girl for the 5:2 and you are so right in that we have to be just as accountable on feast days as we are on fast days.

Everyone seems to be doing fine so keep up the good work girls.

hot chocolate will really sabotage us! :P I have pretty much stayed int he Vet's forum and the majority of my posts lately have been in the 5:2 and enabling......:) At least a year yes.. I have mentioned this to Alex recently. I hate to be bitchy about it but Butter mentioned that most of us girls stick to the 5:2 group these days.. And not the vets forum. But now that the flood gates have been open to anyone posting it's not the same. Lol yes I'm pmsing too :P But I stand by my words :)</blockquote>

Yes, by accident I found the dark chocolate mix ( my friend found it!) and loved it until I found out it was 180 calories. If you have a Keurig, I just found dark chocolate mix k cups by Cafe Escapes, I think, that only has 80. Still not 60- NSA- but dark chocolate!!!

Ok, so it is Steve's birthday today, and true to form he wanted take away for tea and cake for dessert! Obviously I joined the food fest! Thank you sleeve for keeping the portions small!

Fasting tomo and looking forward to having a rest from food - Soup all the way for me. I've made some butternut squash ready for tea and will have a cuppa soup or the like in work. As long as it is hot, I'm happy!

I noticed that there is a real heavy love of soup on the 5:2 British site... I eat it almost every night myself, fast or not! I'm slurping a big bowl as we type! Say Happy Birthday to Steve from the "girls"!

Alex just sent me this, but

The thing I'm stuck on is the 100 posts?

What do you girls think?

From Alex...

"This forum is dedicated to veteran Sleevers who are six or more months post-op to discuss issues specific to those who are further along in their journey. You must have 100 posts in order to post here.

Edit it and send back to me please. I'll post the new description and I'll post a sticky in the topic as well."

Sorry, I must have had 100 posts by my second week. I knew shit then. I know there are people here with less than a year that are as smart as a whip and really on top of the whole process (LV I'm talking about you! ; ) ).... just not that many! It is a process, and you can't help but have some revelations along the way. I think it would be more helpful to the young'ns if they could eves drop on mature conversations (not talking about juvenile fun now), but people who have gone through all the hell and heaven... not just almost there.... or not just 100 posts (I don't even think number of posts is relevant.. what about the odd bird that had her sleeve 3 years ago and just found the site!, not just 6 months.... it should be 12 months. You can't help but pick up some real knowledge... and to tell you the truth, I didn't get to goal until almost 3 years, so I can't even really talk about being in maintenance except the kind where you are trying to lose, and you are staying the same for a looooong time!

Yes I took the 100 posts out.. If I remember correctly it was brown, that came back as a vet and didn't have the hundred posts and had to keep posting to get them so she could get into the vets forum.. Alex wants your input so change what you think.. So I thought this..

"This forum is dedicated to veteran Sleevers who are one year or more post-op to discuss issues specific to those who are further along in their journey. You must be one year out to create topics or post here."

Yes I took the 100 posts out.. If I remember correctly it was brown, that came back as a vet and didn't have the hundred posts and had to keep posting to get them so she could get into the vets forum.. Alex wants your input so change what you think.. So I thought this..

"This forum is dedicated to veteran Sleevers who are one year or more post-op to discuss issues specific to those who are further along in their journey. You must be one year out to create topics or post here."

I think this sounds good. He also should make sure to make a note of it so that the newbies...less than a year newbies...know that the rules have changed. I assume that's what he meant by posting a sticky?? I think all the new staff will be busy watching over the vets board with the new changes! (Lucky you, Laura!)

So surgeon wrote back that the little zings, numbness and just plain weird are normal and I am clear to do more than walking. His thing was just to take it easy first 2 weeks of working out, to build up. I was pretty sure he would say that. Now I just need to man up!

It will make me feel better.