Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hidden as in no one rules reads it either?

Totally hidden no one can see it now.. I tested it out a few minutes ago under a different users name just to make sure it doesn't show up under currents (beside for us) and after searching groups they can't get beyond our mission statement page.

Before the change to the new site they could still read but not post..And I did get a few people (vets and newbies) that PMed before hand asking that we not hide it from view because they found it helpful even though they don't do the 5:2..

But it seems that most of everyone in the group preferred private. So if it keeps us together I'm all for it :)

I will post a message on the gmail so everyone knows. They just need to sort out the posts we view, personally I'm not interested in band or bypass posts, then we will be back to normal.

I will post a message on the gmail so everyone knows. They just need to sort out the posts we view, personally I'm not interested in band or bypass posts, then we will be back to normal.

I just did that, Cathy...great minds think alike! :)

I agree and he's working on it.. Actually our group fix was supposed to be last because he has so much to fix but he did a special favor and really work the guys overtime to get this (our group) fixed.

So he's asking for patience I must give it to him now :)

I agree and he's working on it.. Actually our group fix was supposed to be last because he has so much to fix but he did a special favor and really work the guys overtime to get this (our group) fixed.

So he's asking for patience I must give it to him now :)

I'm glad you made Alex realize that our group was the most important! :D I can say that on here now that we are private. lol

I have been playing around with my computer today and uploaded some pics from my phone so I thought I would share a few with you.

The first pic was taken the summer before I had surgery. I had lost 30 pounds in this pic and I was brave enough to let my husband take it while we were out for a bike ride. This picture brings up a lot of emotions. I am so thankful I'm a different person now than I was then! Wow, sometimes I can't believe I walked around looking like that.

The other 2 pictures were taken this summer.

attachicon.gif0619001228.jpg

attachicon.gif0909130917a.jpg

attachicon.gif0804131247a.jpg

Sar, You look fantastic! I know, when I see my "before" pics, I can hardly believe it is me. Its like a different life. and Laura, thanks for hounding Alex to close our group off from the public. I can understand why others would want to look in, but perhaps we can make a point of a 5:2 thread or two open on vets to get others interested. I would want to know about it if I was me... oh wait, I am me and I do know about it! So glad I do.... and yes, I am a nut. I'm off to Belly dance class. 

Sardar, you look fantastic! Thanks for posting the pics and reminding of what 'used' to be!

I am glad that this is completely private too... makes me feel a little safer, if that makes sense - we seem to have built a really strong group dynamic now and I like that. Thanks Laura!

A quick update on my week - did my two fast days - Mon and Weds and both were good.  I couldn't do Thurs this week cos a gang of us went to the comedy club to watch Tom Stade and I knew it would involve drinkies!  So I had a lil drinkie or two and laughed until it hurt!  It was a great night.

As far as the scale goes, not seeing any change in numbers and I am firmly in this bounce range 159 - 161; seems like my body really has found a new set point and I don't know how to break it... this is the longest I've stayed in the same range since I started this WOE.  I am a little disheartened, but I refuse to give up.  I really do want to get rid of at least another 14lbs, if not more... perhaps even for my 4 year anniversary...lol.

Right, I am off to look for my mojo, still can't find it!

Cheri, glad the shingles isn't too bad and that you don't have the nasty rash... my mam had singles years ago and it was awful - she was constantly in a lot of pain with it.  I know it is hard, but try to rest when  you can... x

Glad it is hidden. It was weird having people just land in here, lost in space...

I am having a minor complication. I had alot of Fluid output but that last drain was just done after 4 weeks from surgery and self expelled. Anyway, I am having some fluid build up but so far hasn't need to be aspirated yet. Solution is for me to be even LESS active. No big deal, but annoying. I really thought I would be better by now. My PCP said she had several friends/family members do mommy makeovers and it is like the duration and "drag" of the recovery is not well advertised...LOL... it takes longer and just goes slower then expected for some of us. i might have done too much the other day too.

Daisy, we never connected on the online dating profile, I am still game to give feedback but i almost wonder if a guy wouldnt do better. I am not sure I know what they are looking for. My current theory is they only care about the picture so I am going to get better ones!

I agree. They do only look at the pictures. I need to get one full body shot at least and it's really hard. I still look fat in pictures.

I emailed a couple versions of my profile to Coops but I haven't checked my email yet to see if she has had time to work on it.

Heck, now that we are completely private, I could post them here and everyone could add their 2 cents.

Cheri I am so glad you don't have the rash. Shingles are supposed to really be the pits.I feel bad for you.

Coops I don't know  what you can do to get the scale to move. I usually add more hard cardio when my scale isn't moving.

Jane you are so brave to go through all of this but you are so beautiful it's so going to be worth it. I love it when people tell me I don't look my age which is totallly due to my face lift.

I am at my lowest weight but I had a really bad day, down and  crying and feeling really stupid for being this way. He is so not worth it. Anyway, I went to a friend's house who is also sleeved, but all she eats is junk. I ate a bunch of candy and chips at her house this evening, while I cried at her house. I have known her for 40 years so I finally left and thanked her for babysitting me this evening.

Hi ladies. I am still here. I have been away on a business trip and they are all day workshops at the end of the day I don't want to see or talk to anyone. I have read all the previous posts I agree the private thing appears to be fixed this is the first time I had to log in from my phone to read from this link. UK thanks for interjrcting some positive we were all in a downward spiral to self hating and we are all to awesome. And strong for that. Strength is what I get from all of you. Strength to keep marching forward (thanks Sar) thanks to know what link to share that will lift us up (thanks GT) strenght to share our sorrows (OD and Cheri its goona get better) strenght to do what's really hard (CGJane u got that) and last to all of us strenght to keep trying to lose weight after haing lost 100s of pounds and we still want to be better in this world where food rules. We are all awesome and I am so glad we are here. So stay strong believe me my next post won't be so uplifting I am right were u are Coops stuck in the same weight for way too long gaining and losing the same five pounds for months in a row. URGH!!

Globe u are also a real source of strength for me. As I said once a real close friend of mine shut me and the world out with here MS. I think she gave up. From my tiny view u appear to be working it out. I. Can only imagine the strength it takes to face what your dealing with. OK I am done. We get it Brown we are strong (LOL)

OD - I sent you an email with the first draft of the shortest profile for you to check  - to see if I am on the right lines... x