Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

struggling with strong strong appetite. I am so far doing very well at eating Protein, ,, but need to go shopping to get veggies. I feel like I stretched my stomach or something I know my body is working hard on healing but crap I cant eat like this and sit around. well, i need to sit around and rest... so i cant eat like this.

I think butter went through that a bit too. And came out ok as far as no gain...

I definitely know the feeling, after eating so much last weekend I was hungrier than ever and honestly felt no restriction. It literally took me all week to kind if get it under control.

My problem was eating carbs though. I think it you are sticking to mostly Protein and veg you should be good. Your body needs that protein to heal!

this was just a few days post op so swollen and uneven....but i am pleased so far

Edited by CowgirlJane

Wow you look great for just a few days! I can't believe it! that it doesn't even look swollen.... Can you imagine if it is? And how much better it will look afterwards??

Edited by laura-ven

i have high hopes that i will have a very flat tummy. i did the small thigh lift so no long scar. i sorta wish the thighs were tighter but i remind myself that they are as good as most 49 year olds and no huge scar to the knee.

i am also hopfull that the arm will be good... but yes a scar there.

Yes I would if done the same.. The scar on the thighs can be vey long.

Can you imagine, you are going to be able to go to a beach a pool or f**k even something just as simple as wearing shorts and a tank top with all the confidence in the world!

Yes I would if done the same.. The scar on the thighs can be vey long.

Can you imagine, you are going to be able to go to a beach a pool or f**k even something just as simple as wearing shorts and a tank top with all the confidence in the world!

that is my dream. the guy i see was very accepting of my body with all the skin but you can be sure i warned him bigtime before he got to see me naked. The day he actually moved some of my tummy out of the way... well... that was the day I KNEW that skin had to GO. Maybe it didnt bother him... he is a special forces veteran after all...haha... but i was mortified.

and notice i stayed small on the breasts. I just personally feel that i look big enough with those broad shoulders nd that big boobage adds bulk. i know that is a personal preference thing and i may later regret it....

Edited by CowgirlJane

Lol! That would of did it for me too!! My husband loved the way things are with me too. But as you know it's about what we think :)

Ok I have to cart teenage girls back to their houses.. Talk later :)

Jane you're going to look so hot when you're all healed up. What a journey. You're so bravee. I know it will be worth it in the end.

I have an addiction problem. Besides food addiction I fight a substance abuse and it's not easy. One say at a time. And the food addiction is the worse.

Today is my birthday and I had a Protein Drink for Breakfast, a hot fude sundae for lunch, came home and took a nap, and went out for pizza, I was able to eat one piece. I was stuffed. Then I took cake home. It was delicious. I took a few bites and threw the rest down the sink.

This was a really shitty birhday. I slept all day. then I got a letter from Allen sayning I owe him 1,0000. He is so full of bs. That really impoved my mood.

I am really excited that I can go back to dieting now that bd is over. I am really in the mood to hit the gym hard and tghten up and hopefully lose a few more lbs. Ive got my brain in the "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" I don't want to eat.

Daisy! I'm late in wishing you a happy birthday!

So happy late birthday :)

I always felt that my addiction to food was far harder to deal with than any other addiction.

Only because we have to tease that addiction everyday...

I'm sorry your ex is being such an ass! I guess that's why he's an ex!

And OMG you threw part of a piece of cake out?

You are definitely stronger than me.

Yeah, I saw it on sex and the city. Miranda baked a cake and then after eating a piece, she took the rest, put it in the garbage, and squirted dish soap on it.

I put mine down the garbage disposal.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Just popping in for a quick (((((BIG GROUP HUG))))) cos you all are THE AWESOME. LV, glad you came back out of The Abyss (I know it well, I'm so sorry). OD, happy b-day!! Cheri, your daughter's sweet face made my day, what a doll!! CJ, you look amazing already -- I'm seriously impressed with how that turned out, what a trip. Cathy, glad you were home when you sharted, what a nightmare.

I'm still sitting with three extra kg +/- a few hundred grams here and there. Only fasted once this week cos of all the work/social activities. I keep thinking life will ease up again, but going into the holidays will be one cocktail party after another work-wise. I'm going to have to pick some carefully where I can just have a glass of water... First-world problems, lordy.

ETA: I forgot to say, GT -- you "sound" so much better now, even with the health challenges. I think the meds are really helping, yes? You seem so much less...Abyss-y, do you feel it too? <3

Edited by swizzly

@ Jane - WOW MOMMA!! I cannot cannot WAIT to see your progression pics! And as for the boobs, small was a good idea, if you every want to plump up, just buy some "chicken cutlets" ;P

@Daisy - While reading your description of your Colorado date man, my jaw actually fell open - I finished reading with my mouth hanging open in mortification at the absolute ******-iness of this human. I don't know what to pick first, that he is has fat bigotry, that he figured this sort of behavior was appropriate for a first date, or that he chose to go to a bakery, where he was most likely to see his favorite victims. TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC. There is no boredom so great that you need to seee this dirtbag ever again. EVER.

@LV - Your post was so ... heavy, it's arrow pierced right in my saddest place. 9 months ago my Father lost his battle with his addictions, after rehab, after sobriety, after a reknewal of hope, something happened and he left us. In the end, addiction was stronger than love. Yes, addiction can be stronger than love. This man loved me, loved me beyond anything, I was his light his joy his sun his moon, I was perfection and the greatest love of his life, and his addiction still won. He was in so much pain, the spirit was willing but the body had succumbed and it was too late. I miss him every day. Every single day of my life I miss him. He was no saint, by any stretch, my childhood was one of extremes, highs and lows and terror and joy, never knowing which it would be. The adrenal fear response is so ingrained in my from earliest memories perhaps that is why coming to a warzone was no stretch for me.

There are so many issues now in my life, where I desperately need him, his advice his comfort his support his praise. Now that my own health has shocked me, I need him.

Has anyone ever linked female morbid obesity to substance abuse in a loved one? In the way our brains are wired and social pressuring, has anyone considered that this may be the conditioned response/coping mechamism specific to substance abuse?

As for how was my 5:2 day - the other night I, like a zombie, saw my hand retrieving saltines one after the other and stuffing them in my gaping maw. crunch crunch crunch. Then last night, pumpkin seeds, saltines, sunflower kernels, chocolate. crunch crunch crunch. And this morning? ToM. It's not an excuse but maybe a vindication. I can genuinely pinpoint the exact moment ToM is going to happen, down to the hour, by my (in)ability to resist carbs and chocolate.