Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i decided to quit calling him bf bc he's 62 almost 63 and that's a little old to be a boy.

Haha!

Hello all!

Just checking in - saw 161 over the weekend, so up 1 lb but still in my low bounce. Not particularly worried about it as I've had a good weekend not worrying about food! Had a few treats Saturday and it is good to be able to do that without the guilt and knowing that Monday I will be fasting! However, Sunday (today) I have not looked for treats or sugar related loveliness, whereas in the past I would of done! This 5:2 is mind blowing how it somehow controls the urges that previously would have gone on for days!

For some reason, dunno why, today I feel 'lighter' and 'smaller' even though I'm not, really. Can't explain it - a weird feeling but it does feel good non the less - anyone else had this? Perhaps I am going mad!

Oh! Gotta tell ya! Had a funny moment whilst shopping yesterday. I was in a big clothes shop, looking for tops for work and as I was coming down the escalator I saw this woman staring at me... she was quite small... so, obviously I stared back! You probably know what is coming next! Well, it was ME! Durrrrr - I couldn't believe how 'narrow' I looked! I asked my hubby if he had noticed this and he said: 'Yes! Ages ago!' - Hmmm, thanks for telling me...lol!

And that was my weekend! Hope yours was as, well, comical!

I'm liking all the posts I've read. OD, glad you had a good visit and glad you have BF!!!!! LOL

Coops, I know what you mean. The mindset that comes from knowing we are in control is very empowering. And like you, when you realize that person you catch a glimpse of now and DONT RUN IN FRIGHT is pretty amazing, too!

Glad everyone is doing well. It's been just beautiful here weather wise this weekend. I love Fall!!

Hello all!

Just checking in - saw 161 over the weekend, so up 1 lb but still in my low bounce. Not particularly worried about it as I've had a good weekend not worrying about food! Had a few treats Saturday and it is good to be able to do that without the guilt and knowing that Monday I will be fasting! However, Sunday (today) I have not looked for treats or sugar related loveliness, whereas in the past I would of done! This 5:2 is mind blowing how it somehow controls the urges that previously would have gone on for days!

For some reason, dunno why, today I feel 'lighter' and 'smaller' even though I'm not, really. Can't explain it - a weird feeling but it does feel good non the less - anyone else had this? Perhaps I am going mad!

Oh! Gotta tell ya! Had a funny moment whilst shopping yesterday. I was in a big clothes shop, looking for tops for work and as I was coming down the escalator I saw this woman staring at me... she was quite small... so, obviously I stared back! You probably know what is coming next! Well, it was ME! Durrrrr - I couldn't believe how 'narrow' I looked! I asked my hubby if he had noticed this and he said: 'Yes! Ages ago!' - Hmmm, thanks for telling me...lol!

Great story Coops! So there girl! Believe it!

I'm on TV again tonight. Local PBS fundraising art auction. I'm working with a really fun and cool guy, so the time should fly! I get nervous before hand, but after I open up my mouth and begin to talk, its all over. Try to shut me up! Can I tell you how HAPPY I am that I have lost the weight! It would be an entirely different story if I was still 85 pounds heavier! It really helps my confidence.

Hello ladies! Fasting today, although most of my "morning" calories were from my fat-free Creamer. 3 cups of coffee is quite unusual for me!

Coops, that is a GREAT story, love it. And I love what your husband said to you. HAHA! Why can't we see it ourselves?

FYE that is awesome...can you link us to the program so we can see it too? ;)

Finally got my blood results...will post over in the subject I started here on the 5:2 board...

Feast day today and so far it is fine, rather an indulgent weekend though as we met up with friends we have not seen for 9 months. Carb monster is on the prowl so I am looking forward to fasting tomorrow.

Happy fast day M2G.

Cathy my day is a feed day too but I'm being a good girl with carbs.

I went off the rails last week and want to get things under control before my fast tomorrow..

Oh M2G I saw your test results.

Look pretty good if you ask me :)

Hello all!

Isn't it funny when we actually see ourselves in the mirror or a reflection in the window and then realize "hey that's me!" I love this too. Your DH is so funny too, he must have forgot to tell you how skinny you are now......

OD I'm glad you had a good time with your bro.....Thanks for telling us Allen's name, he must be a good guy too.....

Interesting thing happened to me since Saturday. i went to the USC football game and remember thinking why can't I just stop thinking about food and stop eating when I'm not hungry. Well, Sunday I actually got up, didn't feel like eating, automatically drank a Protein Shake for Breakfast, a Protein Bar for lunch and a Protein shake for dinner. i was invited to go out to dinner with a friend and declined. I actually told him I wasn't hungry.. Yayyyyyy! I never would have done this before. Today I got up with a raging HA and spent the whole morning trying to figure out if i was dehydrated or the HA was from low carbs.... Then at lunch I realized that I had a HA from fasting without even trying. To top it off. I'm also fasting today too. It's such a breeze. This is what I put out to the universe on Saturday. I am really going to learn how to do this daily.....I've always wanted to not focus on food and I did it....so excited.....

M2G I am going to look for the other posting on 5:2 to find out about your blood results.... :P

LV I love your tatoos girl! FYE I would love to see your tatoo too! You ladies rock!

Keep on truckin everyone, it's a beautiful day today.... :P

This is a dorky pic my hub took of me from the computer... no footage saved of the auction....

LOVE the red glasses and top! Girl, you are a STAR!!! :)

FYE you are our resident celeb! You look fantastic; red is defo your colour! x

Went over by about 100.... sunflower seeds! Well, could have been worse. I need to pull it in if I want to get the last 5 pounds off!

Morning gang :)

Just wanted to check in with good news - after my 5th fasting day (Started 5:2 16 days ago) I am down a solid, and so far sticky 5 lbs. I will go change the ticker - which I do not do unless I know the number is there for good! I guess I could almost say I have had 4 real fast days - last week was a struggle - and last night on my fasting day I was ravenous! I was a bit over after my main meal (baked chicken and steamed broccoli) was at 545 calories, 43 Protein, 48 carbs, 20 fat when I got into my husbands peanut stash - I guess it could be worse.

Milestones as well - my weight puts me in the simply 'overweight' category - no longer obese, morbidly obese, or super morbidly obese. I was considered high risk with my BMI for my surgery. I now weight at least 20 lbs less than my husband - I have always been the same weight or outweighed him. We both have the same start weight of 318 ironically :)