Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, fast day yesterday ended around 548 or so...feasting today.

Buuuut, first I had to FAST in order to have blood work done and didn't realize how much I would miss my lovely am coffee. (Oh sure you can have coffee on a bloodwork day, just no Creamer or splenda...what's fun about that? :P ) I didn't miss the food, just the coffee. haha

Okay, time to come clean folks, I did NOT tell my PCP about the 5:2. I'm not sure why. It was a bit of a combo of things. First my PCP had 2 "students" (obv. med students...not sure where they were in the scheme of their studies, etc.) following him around and even though I consented to have them there (I mean what do you say when they trail in behind the doc...hi can they stay? um, guess so...) it was ODD talking to 3 people instead of the usual one. So then he was interrupted with a phone call and had to leave the room, and both of them pounced on me getting to poke and prod me, then he comes back and does the SAME poking and prodding that the students *just* did. So I guess part of it was that. The other part was that I didn't feel like an "expert" on the 5:2, so I wasn't sure how I would sound trying to explain it to my dr. Ugh. I did tell him I was eating about 1,000-1,400 cals/day which is true. I just didn't get into the 500cal/day part. Gah.

Anyway, rest assured my SURGEON and his team (aka my fav. NUT that I see) both have FULL knowledge that I'm doing the 5:2 and they are both 100% supportive of me doing it.

How about the rest of you? Have you had a medical visit while on this plan? What do YOUR doctors/NUTS/nurses all say about this???

Oh and one final note: the nurse who drew my blood was fan-freaking-tastic. I think I counted 6 or 7 vials of blood. He did bruise me (not badly though) but that is pretty par-for-the-course with me. I'm a bruiser and honestly I think I've only had 1 or 2 at the most when I didn't walk away looking like I've been in a fight. I'm excited to get results...will share when I do!

Oh here is the bruising...

And Breakfast after... egg beaters, turkey sausage and fruit...

post-4131-13813669816608_thumb.jpg

post-4131-13813669816824_thumb.jpg

So IS it true that muscle weighs more than fat?

one pound fat and one pound of muscle weigh.....the same... one pound each!

However, a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat... so when you gain from more muscle, you may well be smaller in size...thats why you want to measure now and then and not just weigh.

I am bouncing too... from 175.2-176.7....back and forth... hope to settle down soon and I do mean DOWN. I have been using food as a drug the last week on most days it seems... spell that SUGAR. I don't have it around the house (thank the GODS) but there seems to be plenty available everywhere else! I am not going over on the cals, but the content is not the best. STRESS. Im upping my anti stress activities, went birdwatching, wearing a labradorite necklace (voodoo stress reliever), long hot baths with anti stress salts, happy TV, deep breaths..... I really need to get back to meditation... used to do it every day for 12 years....

Okay, fast day yesterday ended around 548 or so...feasting today.

Buuuut, first I had to FAST in order to have blood work done and didn't realize how much I would miss my lovely am coffee. (Oh sure you can have coffee on a bloodwork day, just no creamer or splenda...what's fun about that? :P ) I didn't miss the food, just the coffee. haha

Okay, time to come clean folks, I did NOT tell my PCP about the 5:2. I'm not sure why. It was a bit of a combo of things. First my PCP had 2 "students" (obv. med students...not sure where they were in the scheme of their studies, etc.) following him around and even though I consented to have them there (I mean what do you say when they trail in behind the doc...hi can they stay? um, guess so...) it was ODD talking to 3 people instead of the usual one. So then he was interrupted with a phone call and had to leave the room, and both of them pounced on me getting to poke and prod me, then he comes back and does the SAME poking and prodding that the students *just* did. So I guess part of it was that. The other part was that I didn't feel like an "expert" on the 5:2, so I wasn't sure how I would sound trying to explain it to my dr. Ugh. I did tell him I was eating about 1,000-1,400 cals/day which is true. I just didn't get into the 500cal/day part. Gah.

Anyway, rest assured my SURGEON and his team (aka my fav. NUT that I see) both have FULL knowledge that I'm doing the 5:2 and they are both 100% supportive of me doing it.

How about the rest of you? Have you had a medical visit while on this plan? What do YOUR doctors/NUTS/nurses all say about this???

Oh and one final note: the nurse who drew my blood was fan-freaking-tastic. I think I counted 6 or 7 vials of blood. He did bruise me (not badly though) but that is pretty par-for-the-course with me. I'm a bruiser and honestly I think I've only had 1 or 2 at the most when I didn't walk away looking like I've been in a fight. I'm excited to get results...will share when I do!

I wouldn't share with my PCP either if there were 2 I didn't know. How frustrating having all those distractions...anyhow, distress and have a wonderful day today..... :P

You know I had an app. With my surgeon a week or two ago and the 5:2 method never came up..

I would imagine if I had told him he may of had lots of questions as to why. I don't think he would of objected to it though, after I explained it and why I think it's good for me and my sleeve. Because we seem to be on the same page about needing to eat differently for the duration of my life.

Of course I'm just guessing :D

Fasting. Happy.

Ate two giant Cookies yesterday....:( and then a salad for dinner, so good calorie count .....but not so good food. Today will be different. Fasting does seem to get me back on track after I have derailed! I weighed in today at 176.3... my low on 5:2 has been 175.2.... but I wonder if I am sabotaging myself with the cookie attacks? So close to goal, like last time around a year ago... Yesterday I actually went in search of cookies! I thought there might be some around school... and went out looking. I said to myself... why eat something like that when you can have something at home in stead? And my dear co-worker tried to warn me off as well.... "Those things are around 500 cals each! I'm saying no!" I still went there. Maybe I need to take an emergency treat to school so I have a back up for such a time for a while.....

I have a meeting with my case manager at Kaiser for my bariatric department and I'm going to tell her about the 5:2 plan. This is my first official appointment with her in person since my surgery on Oct 4, 2011. :P It will be interesting. If it's just a bunch of how are you doing, it will be my last appointment with her. I will also be a guest speaker at her meeting which I think will be very interesting and scarey, I hate public speaking. I will just picture them all naked! LOL

Today I weighed myself on a non fast day and I actually lost some weight. I was at 147 lbs yesterday and today i am at 146.3 lbs. What a wonderful surprise. Maybe it's because I ate low calorie and very low sugar....Hehehehehe.....:P

Today is my fast day, need to get down to at least 145 lbs and then who knows where I'll go with my weight loss. :P

Fasting. Happy.

Ate two giant Cookies yesterday.... :( and then a salad for dinner, so good calorie count .....but not so good food. Today will be different. Fasting does seem to get me back on track after I have derailed! I weighed in today at 176.3... my low on 5:2 has been 175.2.... but I wonder if I am sabotaging myself with the cookie attacks? So close to goal, like last time around a year ago... Yesterday I actually went in search of cookies! I thought there might be some around school... and went out looking. I said to myself... why eat something like that when you can have something at home in stead? And my dear co-worker tried to warn me off as well.... "Those things are around 500 cals each! I'm saying no!" I still went there. Maybe I need to take an emergency treat to school so I have a back up for such a time for a while.....

The sugar monster had got his grip on you! LOL This so happens to me. I realized after numerous times that when I eat sugar, I retain weight. So I try to remind myself but it doesn't always work..... :P Oh I love cookies too...... :P

Hey folks. I hope GT is doing alright - though it's not terribly surprising to see her offline if she's going to be in Landstuhl.

Fasted Monday and Wednesday. Doing okay. Down a teeny bit on the scale. Now I'm at 142...slowly shedding those blasted pounds I packed on overnight three weeks ago. Just a few more pounds to get back to where I was, though, so I guess I'm managing. On the plus side, the pain is much more bearable - the hormones are working and doing what they're supposed to do. They just also make me snacky, hormonal (of course) and pack on pounds. They also make it much harder to shed weight, and I don't exactly lose quickly to start.

I feel frustrated but I suppose I'll eventually see goal again. Some day. Maybe. I hope.

Baby has terrible reflux - we've been trying to treat without meds but it's finally time to try those. Every other remedy is helping a little but she's still doing the cough/choke thing at night and still erupting in a fountain of acid spit up at least once a day. Poor thing. It's affecting her sleep (and therefore, my sleep) and she's just not the happy little toad she was a few weeks ago. I can't believe how big she is already - six month checkup in two weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well. My official fast days for the week are done. Hubs will fast on Friday from sundown to Saturday sundown (Yom Kippur) but I'm not sure I'll join him. I'm not as, well, observant as he is, but then, I figure he won't be home anyway (services are long and many for the holiday) so I might as well fast. We'll see.

~Cheri

Cheri good job on your fasting! It is really hard especially with a little one that's struggling with acid reflux in the night. Loss of sleep does cause and increase in hunger.....You will see goal again, you are very determined and focused and that will bring you to goal....

I do hope GT can check in soon and let us know how she's doing. I miss her. :P

Fasting. Happy.

Ate two giant Cookies yesterday....:( and then a salad for dinner' date=' so good calorie count .....but not so good food. Today will be different. Fasting does seem to get me back on track after I have derailed! I weighed in today at 176.3... my low on 5:2 has been 175.2.... but I wonder if I am sabotaging myself with the cookie attacks? So close to goal, like last time around a year ago... Yesterday I actually went in search of cookies! I thought there might be some around school... and went out looking. I said to myself... why eat something like that when you can have something at home in stead? And my dear co-worker tried to warn me off as well.... "Those things are around 500 cals each! I'm saying no!" I still went there. Maybe I need to take an emergency treat to school so I have a back up for such a time for a while.....[/quote']

I'm thinking it season change, weather change, anything change cause I'm doing the same thing. All my standards are tasting flat and I want something else. Calories are within range but too many not great choices at times

I have a meeting with my case manager at Kaiser for my bariatric department and I'm going to tell her about the 5:2 plan. This is my first official appointment with her in person since my surgery on Oct 4' date=' 2011. :P It will be interesting. If it's just a bunch of how are you doing, it will be my last appointment with her. I will also be a guest speaker at her meeting which I think will be very interesting and scarey, I hate public speaking. I will just picture them all naked! LOL

Today I weighed myself on a non fast day and I actually lost some weight. I was at 147 lbs yesterday and today i am at 146.3 lbs. What a wonderful surprise. Maybe it's because I ate low calorie and very low sugar....Hehehehehe.....:P

Today is my fast day, need to get down to at least 145 lbs and then who knows where I'll go with my weight loss. :P[/quote']

Way to go, Girlfriend!

I'm thinking it season change, weather change, anything change cause I'm doing the same thing. All my standards are tasting flat and I want something else. Calories are within range but too many not great choices at times

Ditto on the doing the same thing :(

I ate two big protien Cookies yesteday :(

They are 170 calories EACH!! Oh the shame. I'm pmsing or msing now,

Can I pout? I come on here today and the first to threads I see are all these people saying food no longer controls them? And in the vets forum there is actually someone complaining about losing to much weight???

**sigh**

Fasting today wish me luck.

Cherie,

Poor baby! I hope it's just a temporary thing and she won't have to be on meds long. :(

Ditto on the doing the same thing :(

I ate to big protien Cookies yesteday :(

They are 170 calories EACH!! Oh the shame. I'm pmsing or msing now' date='

Can I pout? I come on here today and the first to threads I see are all these people saying food no longer controls them? And in the vets forum there is actually someone complaining about losing to much weight???

**sigh**

Fasting today wish me luck.

Cherie,

Poor baby! I hope it's just a temporary thing and she won't have to be on meds long. :([/quote']

Yeah, we'll, I read that post too about losing TOO MUCH. Asking how did they Stilwell, once I reached goal I started EATING! LOL. Hence, 5:2! Ha!

Y'all go read the article that Ms Skinniness just posted from our fav Dr Sharma. So good. This is what we have been saying, Cheri, Laura, FYE. And others.

Interestingly, even short-term dietary “indiscretion” (or falling off) can result in very rapid weight regain. This is not surprising as, in this regard there is little difference between someone who has lost weight through surgery or simply through diet and exercise. Irrespective of how the weight is lost, the body appears to retain its ability to rapidly regain lost weight if allowed to do so.

So fast day today I've had breakfast/dinner and greek yogurt for a snack (I had plain but dressed it up with sugar free Torani syrup...in a fall flavor pumpkin Pie and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice...yum!)

But I'm at 465 cals right now...WHA??? That almost NEVER happens to me. So I'm all giddy thinking about one more little snack...lol. I also burned 632 cals at Spin class today...(estimated) but rode solid/hard for 62 minutes and 18.9 miles woo hoo!

Anyway, guess I spoke too soon about cloud cover and rain. It. Will. Not. Stop. and it's causing some big flooding...wishing I could find the faucet and turn it OFF.

We live in a dry climate(colorado) so this is most unusual...ugh! In the last 2 days we have gotten over 12 inches of rain in just our area!