Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheri and M2G,

Harder to lose after forty?? Umm you lose things pretty easy, like your eyesight and your keys, but weight? Yes! After 40 the uphill gets a little steeper! But such is life...

Ok so eating was crazy yesterday but I really reined it in today. I went mountain biking and had a spectacular fall over a log drop that I tried to "jump" over caught my pedal and yeah... :P

post-43821-13813669433364_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow it looks the the holiday BBQ can not be avoided.. So lets see how that pans out :D

Dude! OUCH! I hate falling on the bike, but its better now than it used to be. The road rash makes you look like a tough chick!

yes, it's been way harder to lose in my 40's harder even still in my 50's and we will see how well I do in my 60's.

It's going to be very hard to fast tomorrow. I'm going to a big Labor Day picnic. I may have to fast tues. this week.

I am getting more and more excited that I pick my brother up on Wed from the airport. Then it's going to be hard to stick to the plan for the next couple of weeks while we're running around and sight seeing and stuff. Plus we will be going out of town to Portland to see my son and DIL and adorable grand daughter. It's always hard there because they have all the restaurants that we don't have here.

I'll be happy to maintain the next two weeks and go back to getting my head into losing after my brother goes back to Chicago.

I did great today. It's so much easier when it's just me at home.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day holiday. I know we have some who aren't in the US too though.

I have high hopes that I'll be getting my own lap top back tomorrow. It's been maddening not to have it.

I just logged my weekly weight and I am down another lb so I am happy. I go back to work today after the 6 week break and I am looking forward to it so I can get back into routine. I usually work part time but I am full time this week due to all the mandatory training I have to do. I work at a college for disabled young adults and I love my work. It is a residential college and new first years arrive next week and returning students the week after. It will be interesting to see people after the break to see if they think there is any change in me (only 1 person knows about op) as my weight has gone down by 2 lb during the break but the biggest change I feel is in my shape as a few inches lost.

The 5:2 fits in well with work days as I am usually so busy food is the last thing on my mind. Taking my favourite berries, Greek yoghurt and oats with me for lunch.

Hope everyone is having or will have a good day.

Daisy, it sounds like you have a great week planned! Have a good time with your brother and your beautiful new grand daughter.

Cathy, great job on the loss! I love hearing about all of our losses! Your job sounds rewarding. Its so nice to have a career that gives you joy :)

OD, have a great time in Portland! I have never been there, but really want to go... have friends there too.

UK Cathy, I work at a day program for adults with disabilities. Love my work.

Today is a holiday, and with hubby back I think it would be easier to change my fast day to tomorrow where I can just cruse through it at work. I try not to flex this plan too much (when i bend something too much, sometimes it breaks!), but so happy I can now and then!

OD you are going to have a fantastic time with your bro......The best time will be seeing your DD and grandbaby too....... Yayyyyyyyy

LV I am so happy you didn't hurt yourself hitting that log......I love your energy and spunk.....

All this talk about Mug cakes drives me to wanting some cake and ice cream.......

Well I have been testing the Water here and not logging once again. I've been hitting the whipped cream again and it's not a pretty site. i've proved that I can gain with what I eat. Tomorrow is my fast day and getting back on track. Today I want to get out of this heat and go to the movies... :P

Yes Cathy... same here, first day back after weeks weeks away and I feel that I have been hit in the face with a sledge hammer...lol! Still, all good as the pain keeps my mind off food, so today's fasting has gone really well.

Laura, I love that pic - sexy mama!

I was gonna post a pic of my overly muscular calves... but couldn't think of a reason as to why anyone would want to see them... I still get a lot of comments about them - I'm not sure if they are attractive or repulsive on a girl!

Oh and losing weight in your 40s hurts like hell... well, it does for me anyway... prob due to menopause symptoms more than age? Talking of which, the ole hot flashes have come back... started around a month ago and are getting slowly hotter and longer - I hate this!

Cheri and M2G' date='

Harder to lose after forty?? Umm you lose things pretty easy, like your eyesight and your keys, but weight? Yes! After 40 the uphill gets a little steeper! But such is life...

Ok so eating was crazy yesterday but I really reined it in today. I went mountain biking and had a spectacular fall over a log drop that I tried to "jump" over caught my pedal and yeah... :P

Tomorrow it looks the the holiday BBQ can not be avoided.. So lets see how that pans out :D[/quote']

Seriously, Laura, when you post pics I always think WHAT in the world is she doing? You are thin!!, and the oopsy looks a little scary thinking of how you got it! Lol

Well, I'm in the "aftermath" phase of Labor Day wknd with ALLthe kids home with Grands too! My little3yr old calls it "Nannie's hotel"! Ha!

It was a true joy to we my son who is doing fantastic with his wife and daughter here from NOLA. My daughter and her girls who live here stayed as well las night so every bed in the house was overflowing. My poor doggie, Prince, was terrorized and in hiding when they did t go looking for him!

We did a HUGE brisket that cooked all day Saturday and eaten on Sunday with all the trimmings! Surprisingly, there have been bites here and there as well as a slice of turtle cheesecake for my Syd's 11 year old birthday cake Sunday but all in all not eating over calorie count and don't feel any out of control urges!

Back on the fast day tomorrow! Now, after remaking beds, washing towels, cleaning kitchen, vacuuming house and straightening up, I'm gong to veg out and watch HGTV! Lol

Happy Labor Day to all!

Well promptly after posting that I *might* fast on Sun. proceeded to eat...lol. I finished yesterday at 1311 tho so all is not lost. Thought about fasting today but will prob. wait until Tues to do an official fast.

LV- that is one heck of a road rash...OUCH! but like FYE said it's making you look tough.

OD- Have a blast, life is meant for living, you can buckle down later...

Coops- I'm over 40 but not yet hitting wacky hormone, so I think that makes a big difference.

UK-yay for the loss!!!

G - glad you had a good weekend, poor furbaby and being in hiding...lol sounds like my cat. Glad you had fun though!

Happy Labor day girls!

Only 2 days til I pick up my brother. i won't get to see my son and grand daughter until the 13th .

I am trying to fast today, but I'll see what happens when I go to the labor day picnic I bet I'll be fasting tomorrow.

Is it harder to lose the older you get? Before WLS my high was 257.... I would lose and gain, but never over 257. During Perimenopause, I found it harder and harder to lose, easier and easier to gain, and I had to eat less and less to stay the same. At one point I just started to gain, got to 259 or so....my blood pressure, cholesterol, triglicerides all started climbing. I started exercising regularly (which I had never been very good at in the past) and this did not help. Thats when I decided WLS was on the table. My health was going down the drain, and I could not lose weight any longer on my own. (not that I could keep it off for that long in the past) I would have to say yes, it does get harder. That being said, I consider myself successful at this point, post menopause... so far.

Definitey will be fasting tomorrow.

I ate what I wanted at the labor day picnic but I am just going to have a Protein Shake for dinner. I'll stop eating and have my window correct but I definitely went over for my calories to be called a fast.

Definitey will be fasting tomorrow.

I ate what I wanted at the labor day picnic but I am just going to have a Protein Shake for dinner. I'll stop eating and have my window correct but I definitely went over for my calories to be called a fast.

I will be fasting tomorrow too daisy we went to a BBQ today and the man that threw it is the best Mexican cook! Carne asada tacos, shrimp Mexican cheese and guacamole! I'm a sucker for Mexican food...