Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh my, I used to LOVE the mug cakes on nutrisystem! They were awesome! chocolate. Man, I really need a cake. I don't do low carb either. I do reduced carb but like FYE pretty low carb on fast days. Although I've gone back to my SF oats.

So for example you would useable 1/4 cup the flour, an egg white, a little baking powder and torrani to make the Mug Cake?

Mug cake? Yum (lol I'm hungry)

The carrot cake look good for a special day or something..

http://www.einkorn.com/

Mug cake recipe? Is it on our recipe page!!! (Hint, hint) :D

I'll post something on the recipe page.... I always throw something together without measuring except the flour...

OK here is a recipe for two fairly large servings! It is very moist, and a little pudding cakeish.

mix 1/4 cup of Einkorn or Kamut or spelt flour AND 1/4 cup of Besan flour (garbanzo flour) I know I know, weird ingredients!

add 1t baking powder, a dash or two of salt,mix well (you can also add 1T cocoa powder, if you like)

in another bowl, mix 1 eggwhite whipped a little bit to break up the "lumps", 1/8th cup of SF Torrani, I like salted caramel, but whatever goes with the flavor you are making. Add water... around 1/4 cup... or a little less if you are using einkorn.

Mix the wet into the dry. turn over in the mixing bowl, do not beat too vigerously... If the batter is too dry, ad a little more Water. Do not taste the batter raw, the besan tastes like crap raw. oil a large mug... with sides that are fairly up and down. Do not fill more than half way. Use a small plate or saucer to cover the cup . ( Add nuts, or chocolate chips or chopped plums or other fruit at the end. Push a few down into the cake, but leave most on top. chocolate sinks as it cooks and all ends up on the bottom. )

put in middle of rotating microwave oven with cover firmly placed on top. Cook for 1 minute 20 seconds covered. Take out and look to see if it looks done. Turn the cup over on the saucer. The cake should drop out without sticking. I leave it covered to let it steam a little while(a few minutes) lift off the cup... you can see if it is done. poke it with your finger... springy is good. If you have added fruit it is a little more moist. Cut into half, slice one half for today, and save the other for tomorrow or share! I usually make one of these for weekend Breakfast with coffee (I know I know, you aren't supposed to drink with your food... its the one meal I cheat on this one)

here is a sample of a whole cake, I also put some butter on this one, and the cream is for coffee. I ate half at Breakfast, and the other half after dinner... quite a cakey day. Its a good reason to give half away or make a half order.... (this recipe halves quite well)

so half of one without the butter or the coffee cream is around 170 or so... this is with nuts and fruit....

post-3718-1381366935134_thumb.png

I have a recipe I could post where you use Protein Powder and I can't remember what else and microwave it. It's really good. It's kind of like cake but it's gooey in the middle, like a lava cake, if you've ever had that.

I weighhed 110 in H.S. I am 5'2" tall. I weighed around 120 all through my 20's until I had kids.

Now I am trying to get to 135 but now I am almost 61. I got cocky today and tried on some pants I haven't been able to wear. I could get them on and zipped, but I can't see how they would be comfortable even if I did get to 135. That would only be 6 more lbs. My body is not as toned since I haven't worked out with weights nearly as much this past year as I did my first 3 years of being sleeved.

I ate all wrong today. We went to the movies and saw the Butler. It was such a good movie. I had popcorn and candy. I haven't really gone off the 5:2 since I started and I'll be back on track tomorrow. I am scared to gain any weight back.

Oh my, you lot put me to shame with all this lovely baking... I hate cooking and baking, mainly cos I'm crap at it. I can muster up a nice meal but anything baked or fancy - no chance!

Did well on the low cal yesterday, came in at just under 750 - not an official fast day so happy with that. Oh and I actually logged what I ate! I know, check me out!

Official weigh this morning in an just 161 (+3/4) but I am taking it at 161... yey! I'm expecting it to level out for a couple of days now, if not longer. Perhaps even stay here for a week or two (perhaps longer with my track record!).

Next fast day will probably be Monday now, first day back on work after the summer hols!

Off out tonight, for a few ciders - or I may swap to wine as it is lower in cals..lol

Have a good day everyone!

Mug cakes! Ha, they were the only dessert (until they came out with those mint chocolate bars) I would eat on Nutrisystem. :)

So, on that same chart, here's what comes up for my weight range:

Based on the Robinson formula (1983), your ideal weight is 111.8 lbs

Based on the Miller formula (1983), your ideal weight is 120.1 lbs

Based on the Devine formula (1974), your ideal weight is 105.4 lbs

Based on the Hamwi formula (1964), your ideal weight is 105.2 lbs

Based on the healthy BMI recommendation, your recommended weight is 97.9 lbs - 132.3 lbs

Finally back to 140 and I appear to be staying there. We'll see if once my hormones shift the rest of it falls off, too. The bc will stop my cycle (that's one of the biggest parts of controlling endo) but will cause really wacky hormones for about a week. I won't be surprised if I suddenly pack on a few pounds as my body deals and gets used to this again. But in a week or two, things should be "new normal" and hopefully the other pounds will fall off and I'll be back at 137 again!

And seeing those numbers, it's unsurprising my doc wants me squarely in the 120s, and she did say that doing it now will be much better because she would like to see me well within my normal, healthy range before I hit forty and it gets harder to lose.

Is it harder to lose after forty? Everything I hear people say seems to indicate that's true but I think a great many of our female sleevers are over forty before surgery.

Hope everyone is well today. Fasting yesterday was hard - I should never try to do it on a Friday but I managed and squeaked in at 580 calories.

Enjoy the weekend, ladies. I have nine weekend with hubs before he goes and this is the last one before the twins start school on Tuesday. Hubs has a four day, hooray! It'll be nice to hunker down as a family and enjoy each other for several days. The kids have already had us up playing board games and it's only 8:30 in the morning!

~Cheri

Fasted yesterday and logged in at 513! Woo hoo! Plus my new low of -10lbs is sticking on the scale which I'm thrilled about.

You all who like Protein cake should check out eggface, she has a Protein cake that is done in the microwave. Honestly I did it and it was a bit "dry" so I soaked a little FF Creamer on top and a small drizzle of caramel sauce and it reminded me of a dulce de leche cake. Let me see if I can find it.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/02/strawberry-protein-shortcake.html

She has a TON of them if you want use her "search" function and type in protein cake. Yum.

Have a great weekend ladies!

...got on the scales and chunked off 1.4 today.

My first goal is to get to my WLS low.. which is now 2 pounds away.(174)

My second goal is to get to the top of my NORMAL BMI, which is 7 pounds away(169)

My third goal is to get a little lower, to create a defendable bounce range, which is 11 pounds away.(165)

I swear, I had a backlog of things I needed to do yesterday... got on the phone, got on the computer, got in the car and checked them all off my list.... I think THIS is the weight I lost yesterday. No kidding!

Where is that address that you got all the weight range goals from?

Thanks FYE for the recipe! Ok I keep getting thrown off of this thread. I don't get updates and I think "ok no one is posting" then I check and I've missed tons!!

I hope everyone's weekend is going well.

I've had a day of indulgence so far! We went to a art and wine festival up in the mountains. I drank wine and ate sweets then went to a sushi dinner afterwards, oh boy! What can I say I was in the holiday spirit :D

I had a couple of extra Snacks today as well. Husband got home from his 2 week motorcycle adventure to Canada, so made pizza dinner. It was so yummy, and not TOOO over the top. Nice to see the old man again.

161 again this morning! Whoop! Let this low stick... I've seen 160 but now I really wanna see 159! I'm getting my mo-jo back!

Hope everyone's ok!

It is so frickin hot here! Our air conditioner broke down and it really sucks. I have lost all focus on eating. My DH and DIL were talking about the quality of Knott's berry Farm's chicken and how it tastes like cr** now.......The cost is also 20 bucks. Never will buy that stuff again. But later had a break down bc my DH ate my Prime rib I had left over from the night before so I had a mental breakdown and went and bought some fried onion rings. My stomach did not like that. haven't had fried foods for a very long time..Don't plan on having any more.....

You ladies amaze me with cooking and baking.....I have totally given up on that. I don't eat very much and my DH is doing the Paleo eating and his blood sugar is really under control. So his meals are very basic. My meals are pretty basic too. I am finding myself getting more energized in making my own foods from scratch due to the cr** they put in the premade Condiments and other processed foods. I don't eat products with corn or high fructose in them now. The biggest thing I use is the crystal light and the stuff in there is starting to bother me too. So as of tuesday, I will be back to the basics as well and preparing my own foods.

Tuesday will be a fast day for me.......Have a great day today and stay cool if possible...... :P

We have some blessed "cloud" cover today, so finally turned off the AC and am just enjoying the fresh air through all the open windows. ~~Sending you some clouds Ms. S~~

Cheri I don't know if it gets harder to lose after 40...I think for some it might be true but I also a whole bunch of stellar ladies on here who are "over" 40 and kicking arse. I think maybe it's more related to menopause than it is to a certain age, when the hormones get all whacky (Coops?...) So maybe someone else can come along and shed some light on that.

I had a "feast" day yesterday and hit 1311 cals but there was some FF frozen yogurt and a small brownie that my daughter baked (Coops?...hahaha!) how could I say no after her "efforts"...lol.

So today I'm on the fence as to whether I should fast or feast. My normal fast day has been either a Mon. or Tues. and then again on a Thurs. or Fri. But I'm not against a good weekend fast. Just harder to do when we are all hanging around and there are meals to prepare for the fam.

I've had my coffee already today and feeling no hunger. I might just call it a fast day and see what happens... :)

Thanks for the clouds, we can really use them here. :P