Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay ladies, I'm back on the wagon (kinda). I was shooting for a fast day but will likely miss it - I forgot I was going to fast and ate half a WW English muffin (homemade!) with Breakfast. That'll put me over for calories a bit but otherwise I'm on my usual fast day routine. Just started a bit earlier and with different foods. Eh. I went to bed last night before eight and didn't eat after five, so I'm probably close enough to my usual fasting gap, anyway!

I have to share (and chuckle to myself) as hubs has put on a few pounds since we've gotten back to the states. I blame it on crappy food here. Nothing tastes the same, quite honestly. I miss abundant produce markets with inexpensive fruits and veggies! In any case, he got the "your BMI is a little high" talk today for the first time ever. The man weighs 160 pounds but is usually right around 150-155 (he's 5'7") and yeah...was told he should shed a few. I think our doctors talk to each other because mine is the same way!

I see what you gals are all saying about 140 pounds and I'm thinking I'm probably the shortest gal here? At only 5'1" my doc wants me squarely in the 120s as my MAX weight. I'm currently popping back and forth over the 140 line (I was down to 137 before starting my new bc, thanks doc!) and am uncertain I'll ever see 135 pounds again.

Had an interesting in person meetup last weekend. Realized that the disparity between starting weights and our heights causes some people to be dismissive of other people. Had a gal kinda roll her eyes at my start weight because her goal weight is about sixty pounds smaller. Difference in height? She's more than nine inches taller than me!

It made me realize that the whole ticker/goal weight thing is misleading if your weight isn't attached to a height for perspective. This is a gal that would look emaciated at 140 pounds if she ever got there, so not only does my current weight sound ridiculously low to her, the idea that I should shed another ten pounds makes her perhaps a bit more dismissive of my situation than she might be if the number didn't sound comical to her.

Eh, just an interesting thing.

Hubs will leave in nine weeks. I'm hugely grateful that we got a heads up even a few months ago. I have had quite some time to get used to the idea. It's easier, too, because he won't be going into Afghanistan but rather on a UN Peacekeeping mission in Africa. About a billion times safer, even if he has to go for twelve months as opposed to nine.

And of course, one of the side effects of him being gone is that I always lose weight. Always. I hardly cook scheduled meals (between the twins and myself we eat about half as much as a normal person!) and I almost never bake anything besides sandwich bread for the kids. Without an office to dump extra food on, I won't be baking. I also forget to eat when he's gone, and with my kids off to school next week I will have to remember to eat something myself when the baby eats. I also have those extra hours to fill and usually fill at least some of them with exercise, something I'm far less likely to do when he's home with me.

Hope everyone's doing okay. I have about a billion checklists to work through and things to buy/sort before he leaves and need to get started.

~Cheri

Georgia, a special shout out hoping you feel better today!

~Cheri

Georgia' date=' a special shout out hoping you feel better today!

~Cheri[/quote']

thanks, Cheri!! And remind me, will you be somewhere living that you KNOW people? I hope. Hey, I thought of you also because a"friend" on MFP just found out she is preggers w Twins! Said she is still losing lots of weight and is wondering what to do. Didn't think about it till later but you just had a baby so you might have some insight into how to EAT as a WLS person while being pregnant. I pointed her to some threads on OH and VST but you might be a good "go to" for her. If she is a member here, I'll point her to you if you don't mind.

SS, glad to hear you are getting back somewhat on track. Going back to work after 7 years has to be a doozy and then having to deal with husband being gone sucks! :(

Just popping in for a few seconds. I went back to school this week and am finding between my kids schedules, my own homework and regular house stuff I do not have as much time as I would like to be here.

I fasted on Mon. and was going to on Thurs. but quickly realized that wouldn't work as we took the girls to their first concert. We went and saw OneRepublic at Red Rocks last night...FUN! But dinner was eaten quickly in the car and my husband packed enough Snacks to choke a small horse...lol. So while I didn't get to weigh and measure everything I tried to log everything and was up over 1600 for sure. Gah. But the concert was amazing totally worth the effort!

Anyway, fasting today had had about 50cals due to my FF Creamer in my coffee and will fix an egg before I head to class this afternoon. dinner will be some type of chicken...possibly crock-pot related.

And sorry I'm not up with everything ...but did quickly read your post Cheri...you are SO RIGHT! Height does indeed make a difference, hard to "see" that on the ticker. I'm 5'6" so I can get "away" with weighing a tad more...at least that is what I tell myself! :lol::P

I'm just on the short side of 5'9" so 165 is good for me.

Spelt: ancient species of wheat from the fifth millennium BC. Spelt was an important staple in parts of Europe from the Bronze Age to medieval times.

Its just an early type of wheat, before wheat was hybridized and genetically modified to death.

Spelt is still very popular here, available in all sorts of bread, crackers, pretzels, etc. I used to love its nutty deliciousness and much lower glycemic index numbers!! However, I feel compelled to add that it is NOT gluten-free for anyone who is Celiac or gluten-intolerant.

Hey guys,

I've been popping in to read all of your updates!

I stayed on target yesterday coming in at just a hair over 500. But I mountain biked just under 7 miles so I'm feeling good about it.

Spelt? FYE were are you buying it?

And do you think that's the best for the gut microbes?

Oh I'm 5'4 my weight this morning was 157 :)

Yep, 140 is "relative"! Ha! I'm 5'8" unless I've shrunk a little :(. This is quite amazing:

Results:

Based on the Robinson formula (1983), your ideal weight is 138.0 lbs

Based on the Miller formula (1983), your ideal weight is 141.1 lbs

Based on the Devine formula (1974), your ideal weight is 140.9 lbs

Based on the Hamwi formula (1964), your ideal weight is 139.1 lbs

Based on the healthy BMI recommendation, your recommended weight is 121.7 lbs - 164.4 lbs

US units metric units other units

Wow! At 5'8", if I weighed 138 I would be SKINNY! Really skinny. Too weird. I am wearing size 8 skirts and med/large tops. I'm the tallest person among all my friends and the slimmest now.

WW SAYS Your healthy weight range is 132 to 164 lbs.

People's choice. 145

Medical recommendation. 125-164

MetLife tables. 139-153

I guess I can pick my number. I pick 145-150!!!! ;)

Spelt? FYE were are you buying it?

And do you think that's the best for the gut microbes?

Bless their little poopie hearts! I buy them from Elliots in Sacramento, but you can get some spelt stuff at Whole Foods and I'm sure at any of the health food co-ops in SF area. I also am eating Kamut and Einkorn.. Both very good... Im sure the microbes love them, the proof is in the poo!

Haha! Georgie I like all those charts!

Thanks FYE I looked those up! And yum you can do all sorts of things..

Of course the first thing I saw was a carrot cake made out of einkorn :P

Haha! Georgie I like all those charts!

Thanks FYE I looked those up! And yum you can do all sorts of things..

Of course the first thing I saw was a carrot cake made out of einkorn :P

Heaven knows I don't want to get anyone else in trouble with carrot cake and the like, but I do make stuff like that, with egg white, torrani Syrup, baking powder, and very simple low sugar and low fat ingredients. I might chop in a pluot, or add some walnuts.... log it on MFP and enjoy. Not three meals a day, but maybe one meal a day.... or less, and never on fast day. So far so good. I do eat reduced carb, but not low carb... except fast day is pretty low most of the time. A serving of the einkorn flour is only 1/4 cup... that is enough to make a Mug Cake in the microwave.

Heaven knows I don't want to get anyone else in trouble with carrot cake and the like' date=' but I do make stuff like that, with egg white, torrani Syrup, baking powder, and very simple low sugar and low fat ingredients. I might chop in a pluot, or add some walnuts.... log it on MFP and enjoy. Not three meals a day, but maybe one meal a day.... or less, and never on fast day. So far so good. I do eat reduced carb, but not low carb... except fast day is pretty low most of the time. A serving of the einkorn flour is only 1/4 cup... that is enough to make a Mug Cake in the microwave.[/quote']

Oh my, I used to LOVE the mug cakes on nutrisystem! They were awesome! chocolate. Man, I really need a cake. ???? I don't do low carb either. I do reduced carb but like FYE pretty low carb on fast days. Although I've gone back to my SF oats.

So for example you would useable 1/4 cup the flour, an egg white, a little baking powder and torrani to make the mug cake?

I love fitbit. :). Makes me feel so much more active! LOL. SO far I've logged 6300 steps which equals almost 3 miles :)))