Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Made it through my fast day and logged 535 calories - not too shabby.

I feel okay on the plan. I think my mental funk lately is just spilling over into other areas so I might just be a negative nancy about my weight right now because it's an easy target.

I do feel pretty good on 5:2 - I like that I don't snack as much and getting that reassurance two days a week that I can fast if I want to is nice. It's not that challenging and it's good to feel, I dunno. In charge of my body, maybe?

Good news: hubs won't deploy in the very near future. We should expect the call sometime in the next six to nine months, but for now he's here. That's a relief and one less thing to stress about right now.

Helping my stepson fill out his college applications and talk about his ROTC scholarship application. Yikes! I can't believe he's so grown up! I'm off to lend a hand with all the mumbo jumbo seventeen year old boys don't bother knowing, like what city he was born in and what day his parents' divorce was final. :)

Later, I hope everyone had a good day!

~Cheri

Great job on the fast Cheri :) life is hard especially with teenagers around!

My 17 year old can paint a whole day of misery for me, and how many do you have this Summer?

Your almost there though, hang on.

Good news about your husband. I'm

Glad that he can stay home a bit longer!

Cheri, I get what you mean about the scales/weight being an easy target ... especially when we put in the leg work and no real movement happens! At least with the deployment postponed that is one less thing to worry about... for the time being!

Yep teenagers are, well, unique! I've got two now - the boy turned 13 in May, and he is hitting the ground running...lol! My daughter is 15 now, and I bought her a onsie - do you have this craze in USA? It is like a baby suit for adults, looks ridiculous but they are warm and comfy! Anyway, we bought my daughter one for Xmas, age 14-15 - and she hasn't really worn it. It has the union flag on in love hearts, cheesy but cute. I am tapping here wearing said onsie... yes ladies, I might be medically obese still, but I fit into a 14-15 yr old's onsie...hahahaaaaaa! Life can't really get sweeter! BMI chart you can kiss my onsie-clad ass!

End of my fast day and did well until the midnight hour where I broke and had a small packet of pork scratchings... just needed some to crunch on and for 100 cals I couldn't resist! Did the job too... so I am slightly over the 500 today. Did go to Curves though, so all is not lost!

Onwards and downwards!

Cheri, I get what you mean about the scales/weight being an easy target ... especially when we put in the leg work and no real movement happens! At least with the deployment postponed that is one less thing to worry about... for the time being!

Yep teenagers are, well, unique! I've got two now - the boy turned 13 in May, and he is hitting the ground running...lol! My daughter is 15 now, and I bought her a onsie - do you have this craze in USA? It is like a baby suit for adults, looks ridiculous but they are warm and comfy! Anyway, we bought my daughter one for Xmas, age 14-15 - and she hasn't really worn it. It has the union flag on in love hearts, cheesy but cute. I am tapping here wearing said onsie... yes ladies, I might be medically obese still, but I fit into a 14-15 yr old's onsie...hahahaaaaaa! Life can't really get sweeter! BMI chart you can kiss my onsie-clad ass!

End of my fast day and did well until the midnight hour where I broke and had a small packet of pork scratchings... just needed some to crunch on and for 100 cals I couldn't resist! Did the job too... so I am slightly over the 500 today. Did go to Curves though, so all is not lost!

Onwards and downwards!

Onesie...like pajamas that cover your whole body and zip up the middle? LOL! That BMI-biatch chart can go to he)) as far as I'm concerned. LOL! WTG Coops...meant for a 15 yo and you fit just fine!

I'm more confused with the pork scratchings ??

:D

I'm thinking pork rinds. That is what my brain substituted for the word "scratchings"...not sure either one is a good definition tho. Coops, I love the way you talk.

fasted on sunday, today I eat! In LA now, met up with friends from New Zealand, had drinks and Snacks by the pool... how the other half lives for a few days! I did pretty clean this morning, but tonight, not so much. Enjoying though. Having fun so far, got to take a walk today around Westwood. I'll check in tomorrow, NO scale for 4 days!

I wish I could type. I can't answer everyone individually.

I like the 5:2 because it's given me structure that I've never had before.

I did well fasting today. I am really hoping to see the 130's again.

Have a big out of town 60th birthday party to go to this weekend. There's about 30 of us driving 4 hours to the " big city'' to a surprise party for my friend that lives here.

Crazy. I'll get to see my grand daughter though. I hope I can do ok food wise.

Cheri, I've heard that breast feeding burns crazy calories.

Coops - alright girl, you are my sleeve sister but I'm about to rant at you! Stop saying you are medically obese!! I mean, unless there is a major difference between US and UK charts (I don't know perhaps there is, I'll check) you are NOT obese. I think you are 5'3"? 5'3" and 160 is overweight, according to the NIH website, NOT obese. Furthermore, repeating this toxic phrase to yourself is every bit as harmful as teenager girls pinching their teensy baby rolls and calling themselves So Fat. "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words they cannot hurt me" is the biggest pile of effing hogwash ever foisted upon the human memory. Words matter!! Words cut! Words shape perception, trust me, in my line of work - I know.

You work effing hard, you face your struggles and keep plowing ahead, we all love and respect the heck out of you, so, FEEL THE LOVE GOSH DARNIT!!!! <3 <3

PS - I am also 3 years out, am 50 pounds away from normal, and it makes me feel like a giant piece of poop when I hear VSGers who are from my time frame/numbers complain about how fat they still are, and they are like 30/40/50 lbs lighter than me v_v.

rant over :wub:

I can't even think about pork scratchings ('rinds' auf Amerikanisch LOL) without gacking. I ate them once as a kid and got violently ill from them. That's me done. :lol: I wish I liked them cos they are totally primal...

Anyhoo.

The onesie thing totally cracked me up, coops!! NICE!! That is certainly an unprecedented NSV! :D:P:D

Yesterday following my indiscretion with the pistachios, I ended up at about 650 for the day. I'LL TAKE IT!! Eating normally today...though that has already included Amaretti (sp?) and choccies. Oopsie. B)

Right...onward! (I wonder why I don't lose weight on 5:2?? ;) )

PS: Just wanted to add...my name's Dee (it's in my sig line), so you don't have to call me swizzly if you don't like, it's kind of a dumb nickname actually and reflects mostly my own paranoia.

yea, pork scratching are Pork rinds - yes primal so a good replacement for crisps if you like them...

the onsie was as funny as F... Steve wanted to take a picture, he was rolling laughing!

scale was kind to me today and I saw 161 - that's more like it, so feeling a little happier!

Normal day today, but I need to go back to where I was a week or so ago on my normal days - stay away from wheat and bread for sure!

Cheri, I've heard that breast feeding burns crazy calories.

Coops - alright girl, you are my sleeve sister but I'm about to rant at you! Stop saying you are medically obese!! I mean, unless there is a major difference between US and UK charts (I don't know perhaps there is, I'll check) you are NOT obese. I think you are 5'3"? 5'3" and 160 is overweight, according to the NIH website, NOT obese. Furthermore, repeating this toxic phrase to yourself is every bit as harmful as teenager girls pinching their teensy baby rolls and calling themselves So Fat. "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words they cannot hurt me" is the biggest pile of effing hogwash ever foisted upon the human memory. Words matter!! Words cut! Words shape perception, trust me, in my line of work - I know.

You work effing hard, you face your struggles and keep plowing ahead, we all love and respect the heck out of you, so, FEEL THE LOVE GOSH DARNIT!!!! <3 <3

PS - I am also 3 years out, am 50 pounds away from normal, and it makes me feel like a giant piece of poop when I hear VSGers who are from my time frame/numbers complain about how fat they still are, and they are like 30/40/50 lbs lighter than me v_v.

rant over :wub:

Sorry! I will banish the word from my vocab forever! You are right, words matter... I wasn't putting myself down, honest!

I was trying to say that the BMI chart is a load of crap because I don't look, feel or 'act' obese - if I am in a size UK12/14 that is not obese and if I can wear a 15yo onsie (albeit a lil tight around the thighs...lol) that is not obese.

I have learnt that the BMI chart is outdated and doesn't 'fit all'!

GT - I am feeling the love my sleeve sista! x

Fast day today.

I will post this over in our 'stats' thread (really can't remember the name so I'm just calling it that for now) but today marks 3 weeks since I began my 5:2 way of eating and I'm down -9lbs.

Chuffed to Beans as my lovely Brit Coops would say!

Fast day today.

I will post this over in our 'stats' thread (really can't remember the name so I'm just calling it that for now) but today marks 3 weeks since I began my 5:2 way of eating and I'm down -9lbs.

Chuffed to Beans as my lovely Brit Coops would say!

You rock my lovely friend... -9 is amazeballs.... I am chuffed to beans for you too!!!! Loves it! x

You rock my lovely friend... -9 is amazeballs.... I am chuffed to Beans for you too!!!! Loves it! x

Thank you Coops! I can't tell you what a big smile you gave me the time you posted that phrase! :D

I just went over to calorie count to check and the last time I lost -9lbs it took me over 3 months! I was eating about 1200-1400 cals a day and that is how long it took me. WOW!

Talk about inspiration to stick with it! :wub: