Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've got my surgery date 08/26/2013

This is my first post on the forumn. I have actually stalked this site for over six months though. I have had the band nine years this year. It has slipped but I have been lucky not to have many of the side effects. To be realistic I dont think the band failed me as much as I failed the band. I lost a total of 42lbs and gained a total of about 40lbs back. So why the sleeve?

I can list several reasons on why I personally chose to get the sleeve and I am sure they are similar to your reasons. I am excited, scared, and optimistic. I have much more faith in myself now and learn some of my pit falls and behaviors. So in some way I am grateful for the band, BUT THE BAND HAS TO GO!!!

I have chosen Santa Fe Medical group to perform my surgery. Reasons: experience and testimony from/with previous sleevers.

I know their road with the sleeve will be different than mine, but I appreciate the input and feedback. Well tthat is all I have for now. Counting the days towards a healthier me.

The crapband is a crappy medical device with horrible outcomes. Nobody blames a patient who's hip implant fails so don't blame yourself. Mine was slipped and just removed on the 28th and sleeved same time. Get that thing out you have no idea what's its doing inside of your body until they go in and look. My surgeon has a book of photos he took of so called failed bands and the damage they do "silently" to your body.

I know what NurseBarbie is saying about not blaming yourself, but I do feel the same way you do. Yes, the band failed me, but I also failed the band!! Understanding where I went wrong was a huge part of preparing for my sleeve, and is still a big part of how I use my sleeve everyday. It's important to understand where we could have done better, while still acknowledging that the band is a flawed system!! I am thankful for my time with that evil little thing, because it really showed me my weaknesses and prepared me to conquer those weaknesses with the help of a system that is actually effective!! I love my sleeve and don't take any part of my journey for granted!! It all got me here!! :)

Really girls. It doesn't help to blame yourself. If all you could get down for years was sliders otherwise you would throw up how is that your fault?

Really girls. It doesn't help to blame yourself. If all you could get down for years was sliders otherwise you would throw up how is that your fault?

I know what you're saying, and I do agree. But when I was banded, I didn't exercise and I didn't make the healthiest choices (even when I could). That's why I say that the band failed me, but I also failed. It helps me to acknowledge what I did wrong (like eating all the same foods, just smaller portions), so that I don't make the same mistakes this time!!! But I do get what you're saying and it's definitely a flawed system that failed us!!

We have so many reasons to feel down on ourselves. Who feels like working out when you have poor nutrition going on? It will be better this time around.

We have so many reasons to feel down on ourselves. Who feels like working out when you have poor nutrition going on? It will be better this time around.

It's a whole new world this time around. That's for sure!! :)