Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking deflated!

If I were younger' date=' I would probably really pursue body plastics but at my age (59) I'm really more interested in face/neck. Has anybody gotten pricing on something like the Lifestyle Lift or similar. Not really interested in full facelift stuff. I'm too scared of the outcome! LOL[/quote']

Hi Georgia: I talked to my esthetician about the LifeStyle Lift, and she said that the threads they use are not strong enough. The weight of the facial tissue just pulls it down again within 6 months. I was disappointed as that was the route I was going to take. Guess I'll save my money for the full face/neck lift.

Wow plastics.. I go back and forth how I feel about them too. I'm not a very high maintenance type of girl, I like some things about getting older. My wrinkles are ok and l don't dye my grey hair, I feel like I earned it..

But really I cannot get to that place with certain parts of my body. Namely my thighs.

I have a ways to go yet, but if money where no object I might do the thighs just so I can live with some ease in my own head. Oh and wear shorts and go swimming!

Ummm...what gray hair. Your pic looks like you have beautiful dark hair, I don't see any gray!

Ooooh let's have a contest...which is worse...no triangle to cover it, OR the huge giant poster size computer screen that magnified the skin! :blink:<_<

I hope you get your money soon! :)

I'd give anything for a triangle. Or a circle.....or a sock puppet even. Anything to allow the tiniest shred of humility.

I'd give anything for a triangle. Or a circle.....or a sock puppet even. Anything to allow the tiniest shred of humility.

Bring your own sock puppet, that way you will insure the right character and fit!

I'm sorry, but you just made my day. I'm laughing because I "get it" and nothing is worse than being put under the glare of perfect strangers.

Y'all are all cracking me up! The IMAGES in my head now are rather startling!!!!

Ok this is why plastics scare the **** outta me!

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/89528-july-26-plastics-updates/#entry933329

Oh and sarsar' date=' I do have gray but not a lot, but in life if we were standing face to face trust me you would see it![/quote']

That is a brave chick she got the works done

Ok this is why plastics scare the **** outta me!

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/89528-july-26-plastics-updates/#entry933329

Oh and sarsar' date=' I do have gray but not a lot, but in life if we were standing face to face trust me you would see it![/quote']

Umm, OUCH!

So when are we going to Mexico Laura???

**** I don't know after seeing that!

Maybe if they give me an IV full of mezcal the minute I crossed the border!!

We can do some shots the night before ;)

Okay, so I think that alot of what is said here is based on general info that one reads on forums. I have had 4 local plastic surgeon consults and two email consults (Mexico) so have actually discussed all of this with plastic surgeons about MY situation including how long you should wait. I think it is easy to make remarks like this below if you have not been educated on this directly by actual experts.

Plastic surgery is a big deal because you are under anesthesia (all surgeries have a risk) BUT the incident of death and serious complications are low. They are not near internal organs, the main issues that can happen are "wound healing related". I think most would consider it less dangerous/sever then weight loss surgery. But yes, it hurts and requires more pain meds then most of us needed post sleeve.

The bounce back of the skin might apply to people who have less excess skin. If someone who is pretty good waits 18 months, they will see some skin reabsorption and might in fact decide they don't need procedure "X".

However, lets do some quick math shall we. I weigh about 155 pounds. My highest weight (in 2005 was 332). I spent alot of years in the 250-300# range. I spent pretty much my whole life either overweight or obese - I am 49 and I would say less then 8 years of that was I normal weight. I did alot of weight bouncing over the decades losing and regaining the 25-85 pound range. I had a baby some 21 years ago. I have extra skin. I have skin for 2 + women. I can do one gazillion situps and still have stomach skin. The skin under my arms, and around my breast is so stretched the docs have urged caution even about implants and that my skin can't support any weight - the skin is STRETCHED.

So, even if waiting 18 months post goal weight (I am 18 months post sleeve) caused me to reabsorb 5-10% of my extra skin it would make a negligible difference. I will need the same procedures I need now and get the same results. I personally have no reason to wait any longer.

For some people, docs will do procedures even while a very heavy person is still a ways from goal; knowing they may need revision later. Why? Well, I didn't go that route, but let me tell you it is discouraging to be able to see my ribs on my chest and back and yet have a "big belly" that is basically all skin. They do it to help people get to the goal of looking normal. It took me awhile to accept my body as not still being fat - extra skin looks alot like fat.

So Fiddleman I know you didn't mean this as a criticism of me personally, but I am a little defensive because I feel like people at times imply that if I just worked harder or was more patient I could wish away my extra skin and it just doesn't work that way.

I too was FREAKED OUT by the surgery photos. When I went to my second consult and the surgeon brought up the topic of the lower body lift (I thought I just needed a tummy tuck) I nearly vomited. the very idea of the LBL sent me around the bend. It took me a solid 4 months of looking at photos and talking to PS patients to get over the freak out mode. I have a much more rational view about it all, I want the best results I can get. I know that the recovery from the LBL isn't that much harder then the TT and the difference in the results is so worth it. In my case, the LBL will make it so I don't need to have anything done on my butt for example. It will make a huge difference in my thighs too.

What I am most disappointed/discouraged about is that one of my key problem areas is under my arms/braline. I wear bras that are too big in the band to keep that skin from spilling over all ugly. The only solution to that one is an upper body lift and I am not sure I am willing to go that far. I love wearing fitted clothing and it is a disappointment to me that I will still have a significant problem area...

Hey, so a question about doing the plastic route after VSG.

Most plans from the VSG surgery say to wait at least 18 months, in order to give the skin a chance to bounce back. I see folks posting all the time about getting some work done around anywhere from 9 months post op. Why not wait? I mean going under the knife is a huge risk ( maybe more than VSG) and there is a really disruptive recovery time. There are some alternatives that can be tried like wraps, stomach belts, sweat paste ( apply to problem areas) and more. Much less expensive, far lower risk and they may actually correct part of the loose skin issue while waiting for skin to bounce. Do bot forget about the more conventional approaches like strength training, eating a diet consistent with producing good healthy skin and drinking a ton of Water. I do not know the reliability of non-conventional methods as have never tried them, but as a minimum, waiting 18 months post op seems like a default course of action.

No criticism intended Jane. It is just another viewpoint that should be considered. You know I respect all you guys tremendously.

Okay' date=' so I think that alot of what is said here is based on general info that one reads on forums. I have had 4 local plastic surgeon consults and two email consults (Mexico) so have actually discussed all of this with plastic surgeons about MY situation including how long you should wait. I think it is easy to make remarks like this below if you have not been educated on this directly by actual experts.

Plastic surgery is a big deal because you are under anesthesia (all surgeries have a risk) BUT the incident of death and serious complications are low. They are not near internal organs, the main issues that can happen are "wound healing related". I think most would consider it less dangerous/sever then weight loss surgery. But yes, it hurts and requires more pain meds then most of us needed post sleeve.

The bounce back of the skin might apply to people who have less excess skin. If someone who is pretty good waits 18 months, they will see some skin reabsorption and might in fact decide they don't need procedure "X".

However, lets do some quick math shall we. I weigh about 155 pounds. My highest weight (in 2005 was 332). I spent alot of years in the 250-300# range. I spent pretty much my whole life either overweight or obese - I am 49 and I would say less then 8 years of that was I normal weight. I did alot of weight bouncing over the decades losing and regaining the 25-85 pound range. I had a baby some 21 years ago. I have extra skin. I have skin for 2 + women. I can do one gazillion situps and still have stomach skin. The skin under my arms, and around my breast is so stretched the docs have urged caution even about implants and that my skin can't support any weight - the skin is STRETCHED.

So, even if waiting 18 months post goal weight (I am 18 months post sleeve) caused me to reabsorb 5-10% of my extra skin it would make a negligible difference. I will need the same procedures I need now and get the same results. I personally have no reason to wait any longer.

For some people, docs will do procedures even while a very heavy person is still a ways from goal; knowing they may need revision later. Why? Well, I didn't go that route, but let me tell you it is discouraging to be able to see my ribs on my chest and back and yet have a "big belly" that is basically all skin. They do it to help people get to the goal of looking normal. It took me awhile to accept my body as not still being fat - extra skin looks alot like fat.

So Fiddleman I know you didn't mean this as a criticism of me personally, but I am a little defensive because I feel like people at times imply that if I just worked harder or was more patient I could wish away my extra skin and it just doesn't work that way.

I too was FREAKED OUT by the surgery photos. When I went to my second consult and the surgeon brought up the topic of the lower body lift (I thought I just needed a tummy tuck) I nearly vomited. the very idea of the LBL sent me around the bend. It took me a solid 4 months of looking at photos and talking to PS patients to get over the freak out mode. I have a much more rational view about it all, I want the best results I can get. I know that the recovery from the LBL isn't that much harder then the TT and the difference in the results is so worth it. In my case, the LBL will make it so I don't need to have anything done on my butt for example. It will make a huge difference in my thighs too.

What I am most disappointed/discouraged about is that one of my key problem areas is under my arms/braline. I wear bras that are too big in the band to keep that skin from spilling over all ugly. The only solution to that one is an upper body lift and I am not sure I am willing to go that far. I love wearing fitted clothing and it is a disappointment to me that I will still have a significant problem area...

[/quote']

Tell him Jane!!! I still have to wait I've had work done already before I gained weight so my TT and bracheoplasty will be revisions. I am going to need revision plastics like Jane said no amount of exercising is going to cure my skin woes lol