Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ONDERLAND...Probably Temporary

Yeah I hit onederland this morning!!! However, its probably temporary. I'm having a hard time with fills. Back in September the doc put in 1/2cc which put me up to 1-1/2 cc's in a 4cc band. That lasted a couple of days I couldn't stand it...even Water was gurgling. The doc took out 1/4 cc. Did ok and lost, but for the last couple of months I've just been averaging 3 lbs a month. So a few days before Christmas he put back the 1/4 cc. I haven't been able to eat anything. Even my very thin Protein Shakes make me slime. Even coffee and sometimes very small sips of water make me slime. So its back to the doc today to have the 1/4cc taken back out.

I've lost 13.9 lbs in 13 days, not good, I feel horrible. Some of that will come back I'm sure, but onederland looks good this morning.

Anyone else have a 4cc band that can't tolerate more than 1-1/4 cc?

I think I have about 1.3 cc's in my band, and that was taken down from 1.7 I think. I go through periods of time where I feel like I could use a little tweak, and then I spend a week on liquids becaues I'm too tight for anything else (also known as the 6 bites a day diet, if I insist on eating solids). Being the way it is, I'm afraid to get a fill for the days that I am so tight. It seems to work okay though. Even when I'm not losing, I'm not gaining, and when I start losing again, I pick up right where I left off. :)

But get that unfill and get some fluids in you!!

I think I have about 1.3 cc's in my band, and that was taken down from 1.7 I think. I go through periods of time where I feel like I could use a little tweak, and then I spend a week on liquids becaues I'm too tight for anything else (also known as the 6 bites a day diet, if I insist on eating solids). Being the way it is, I'm afraid to get a fill for the days that I am so tight. It seems to work okay though. Even when I'm not losing, I'm not gaining, and when I start losing again, I pick up right where I left off. :)

But get that unfill and get some fluids in you!!

Hi Maimaru!

I am not banded yet and have a question. What changes on the days you say you are tighter? I have heard some people are tighter in the morning, after exercise, premenstrual, menstrual, etc.

Thanks,Audree

Vicki..Congratulations on onederland. That is my goal. I haven't seen it in about 8 or 9 years. I wouldn't mind if it only lasted a day, I think I would stand on the scale every hour in awe. I have a 4cc band and I currently have 2cc in it. I feel no restriction what so ever unless I exercise. I have no reason for this. I was just famished all the time. I started exercising again and then all of a sudden I could barely eat 1/4 cup of food per meal and even Water was harder to get down. Glad I didn't get another fill like I was going to otherwise I think I would be in big trouble. Good Luck and I hope you get your band adjusted to a comfortable level. Sometimes I think I want enough fill so I don't feel hungry at all, but I have realized being hungry once in a while isn't going to kill me. It definately isn't as hard of a struggle as before the band. Good Luck

Me! I had the same experience after my second fill. I have a fill appointment scheduled next week, but I think I'm going to cancel. I don't want to go through that again, at least not yet!

Congrats on one-derland!

Tami