Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am not crazy...hmm

Hey everyone, soon to be an ex-lapbander (09). Hoping to be revision sleever. Just wanna thank you all and the group for being to lurk and cry along the way. Because of this site I found out I am not crazy. And decided to go for it and continue the good fight to being healthy and happy. Teeny bit of history.

Ex Dr wanted me to gain 30 + lbs in order to qualify.I had a feeling my band wasn't working any more and when i asked him to check it he couldn't find anything off to radiologist who only found 3cc. But i was told it worked, really then where did the 9cc go? I demanded to have all Fluid released knowing I would go on this journey to have the sleeve done. I knew deep down inside this Dr-X wasn't for me any more. He was very demeaning towards me. See my story for all that. I knew i had to go on this journey for me My bones hurt all the time, I have no energy, my heart and body have had a hard time with the weight i gained just getting the lapband released and now I ma at 37.7 bmi. Dr X wanted me to be at 40 bmi before he would even talk to me about surgery.

Last week I went to my new Doctor (2 hrs away) for a consult and found out that i don't have gain any more weight in order to qualify that this new Dr will fight for me and do a peer to peer consult with my insurance. My Xrays I kept showed that my port was put in me in a way that would cause my port tubing to crack and ultimately fail. (new Dr is a teaching Dr and he explained it to his student also a Dr. ) That was refreshing to hear. Yet I was simmering with anger towards Dr-X now.. I am fighting mad. In a stand up for me kinda way.

Now I am going through the motions of getting all pre-op doctor visits done (esphogram, endoscopy, nutritionist, Cardio,ekg test, psych eval & blood work etc.)in order to make my case and get approved for Sleeve!

Any suggestion would be helpful!

Has anyone who had the lapband had problems with Acid reflux after their band was loosened? Only to have problems with Acid reflux when sleeved?

Mine seems to be settling down, so I wonder..

Thanks!

Of course your not crazy ! That sounds crazy to gain 30 lbs when the lap band wasn't functioning properly. :)

Thank you!

You are the champion of your own body.....Glad you found a surgeon who knows what he's doing this time....Like everything else there are good surgeons and bad surgeons...

Your on your way again and thank goodness you don't have to gain weight to get the sleeve....That just interferes with the fine fight you have been doing already......

I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Sounds like you are on the right path. I have a new doctor too and he is amazing. I'm sure once your new doc goes in and takes a look you will have more issues than just the port like I did. My previous doc butchered me (my new surgeon words). You will feel better post sleeve. I am on pepcid twice daily but the reflux has been well controlled. It feels different than the band. More natural.