Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Success Stories

WHEN: FEB 7 2006

WHY: bad knees, couldn't do the things that make me me,heading down the path to ill health, and lost my joy in life.

WHO: Dr. Lederer, Fairview Riverside, Minneapolis, MN

HOW IT FELT: Surgery felt weird but after not too much pain & after, just tired. Relearned to love naps!

WHAT CHANGED: Knees are much better and I can walk the dog again and climb ladders and do the things I love. Life is fun again and i look forward to each day! It is amazing what a confidence builder it is when someone tells you how good you are looking!

PICTURES: Not quite ready for that yet!:)

When? August 15, 2006

Why?

Who?

Insurance or Not?

How it felt?

What has changed?

Pictures!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I think most of the ppl who frequent this website on a regular basis are like us....less than one year out. IMO, this can't be included in the "sucess story" catagory.

I would love to hear about folks who are doing great 2-4+ years out. We don't see many of them here.

I always hate this. Why in the world *wouldn't* someone less than a year out be considered a success story? I've NEVER lost more than 30 lbs at one time before...so to me, once I hit 30+ pounds, I was more successful with the band than anything else. Now, I'm right at a year post-op and I've lost almost 100% of what I wanted to lose. Granted, I've since decided to lose 10-20 lbs more, but that's gravy. ;)

I sort of understand the rationale...we've all dieted so much and re-gained it that it's a concern. But banding has been SO different from anything else I've done that I'm really not concerned that I'll gain. My band is with me for life...I don't need to wait 2-4 yrs to know that it WORKS.

Cindy

When? May 9, 2006

Why? To save my life and give me a better quality of life.

Who? Dr. Cribbens in Dallas Texas

Insurance or Not? Yes

How it felt? Easy surgery, went back to work after 3 days with no complications

What has changed?Everything, things are better than I ever imagined

Pictures!I have pictures on my website ( www.nealslapband.com )<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

When? 12/06/06

Why? always was the fat person of the family

Who?obesitygoodbye.com

Insurance or Not?no insurance would never cover it I paid out of pocket

How it felt?awsome since it was something I really wanted . no complications knock on wood .

What has changed?My self esteem is kicking pack in and the joy to know that I am not the onlyone that has this journey to look forward to

Pictures!none as of yet

I guess i been banded a little over a month may not seem like a success story but wanted to thank all of you that do care of sharing your storys to us that just started . You give us support and just by reading you make us want to keep going your our inspiration and hopefully someday we will be someone elses.

Thanks A Million:)

:clap2: :clap2: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

:clap2: Your awsom Proud of you to share your sucess can you tell us what you done to do such a great job in 5 months pls

When? August 7, 2006

Why? I was killing myself

Who? Dr. Ortiz/Mexico

Insurance or Not? Nope, the Teachers' Health Trust ignores all known data about how 90 some percent of all people who lose weight the "natural" way regain it. They DO offer $50 a year toward gym membership, Weight Watchers, etc. and encourage increased exercise and decreased calorie intake. (Is this asinine or what????)

How it felt? I was so excited about making this move and how it would affect my life, that I didn't focus on the physical aspect much. I DO remember wishing I'd brought pain pills from home though.

What has changed? I am 5 months and 3 days out, and I've lost 90 pounds. I am me again with energy, life, and hope. At times, I get a bit blue when I reflect on how hard I've worked to get to this weight, and I've worked my way all the way up from super morbidly obese to morbidly obese. I have to get that out of my mind!

Pictures! None yet, but I'll work on that soon.