Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~January Chat!

I have a decent sized tat on top of my foot that I got last summer.... it hurt like a bitch!!! Never have I felt anything like that!

I want one on the small of my back. I am thinking the Japenese symbol for mother. I've heard the small of the back hurts as bad as the foot!

anyone have any ideas for a tat comemorating weight loss and the band? I was think of maybe the picture of the band, like the one in the LBT logo with some verbaige. I don't know though.

Hello Everyone! Hello and welcome Kelli!

Well, I missed my Have a Dream Challenge by 6 lbs and I still am not in Onederland!!! Arggghhhhh! But I did lose 9 lbs. so I guess it's ok. I have been bouncing back and forth between 201 and 204......so frustrating! But I've upped my exercise and have been concetrating on drinking my Water. It's really hard when the temp is below 0 and Water is the last thing you want. But with more exercise I drink more water.

So my Valentine Challenge is just to make it to Onderland......but that's only 2 lbs, so I will make it an easy 5 lbs. Five in one month is actually more than my dr. wants, so hopefully I can do it.

I have been debating whether I need another fill or not. I get such bad acid right now. I have never in my whole life had acid or heart burn, but after my last fill it's been so bad. I don't want it to get worse, so I've been avoiding another fill. I'm hoping that getting more exercise and really concentrating on my food choices will get me back on the losing side.

We'll see.

Oh! About tattoos! I got my one and only tattoo two years ago low on my right ankle. And boy, did it hurt! But it is small and only took about 20 minutes to do, so it wasn't unbearable. I got it when we were in Sturgis at the bike rally. The absolutely last place you should get a tattoo! But it was fun and just made the "Sturgis Experience" more special. I would like to get another one soon.......I'm thinking about a phoenix or winged victory. Something that commemorates my "rebirth".

Anyway, have a great week!

striqueta2.jpg

This is a Celtic Triqueta and I am thinking of getting this tattoo someday if I can ever work up the courage to get another. So far, its just a thought. lol

I have sooooo many plans for more tat's! Hubby and I are going to get matching sparrow tats for our anniversary next year. I also want a nautical star and some cherries. I want to be skinny before I get any more though, I want to be able to show them off!

Here's my tat I got this summer on my foot:

1205687337_m.jpg

Neal.... I dunno about a lap band tat. For me I think I would choose something different to commerate my weight loss but I would be interested in seeing what you come up with!

Very pretty Drews - makes me want another one. Mine is just a tiny blue flower and due to the location on my body, I will not be posting a pic of it :rolleyes:

Hey everyone

Sorry I haven't posted for a while...I've been kinda down because my weight wasn't. I have be stuck at 203 for over a month and getting stuck isn't as bad as gaining but it still sucks.

But the good news is...I am officially in ONEDERLAND!!! Yesterday I hit 200 and was at least proud of that, then this morning I got on the scale again and I'm at 198!!!! I really was looking for something loud and obnoxious to wear today, it seems like that's what you should do when you want the world to Celebrate with you. But alas, my closet is close to bare and the closest thing to obnoxious is a haiwiian print shirt, that is too big and not warm enough for the weather. HHMMM...maybe a new outfit is in order? Thanks for being here for my gripes as well as my whoohooos!!!

Good luck to everyone on their Val's day challenge, I'll set mine for 190.

Congrats Marz! I am sooo proud of your for getting into Onderland! I can totally relate to being stuck at a weight. I had been stuck @ 229 for a month and now I'm down to 225! Doesn't it feel better when the scale starts moving again?

BTW - I am sitting here wearing an outfit from THE GAP!!! I have never in my life been able to buy anything but socks and perfume from there! Granted I'm wearing the largest size they offer, but it feels great!Oh, Also as a reward for my hard work I bought myself some Ariat cowboy boots that I have wanted for a while.. Here is my outfit from Gap and my boots(I took the tassles off).(The clothes don't look quite as good on me as the models, but they look pretty good.) Maybe I'll take a pic of me and post it. Keep up the great work everyone!

post-204610-13813134846213_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]post-205022-13813134846824_thumb.jpg[/ATTACH]

post-205970-13813134584383_thumb.jpg

post-205970-13813134584501_thumb.jpg

post-205970-13813134584675_thumb.jpg

Hey May peeps!!

I am a bit discouraged. I haven't lost any weight this week. I keep bouncing around the same few pounds. I had my TOM this week though so maybe that has something to do with it? I started a new workout program and with as hard as I have been working at it I was expecting to lose SOMETHING but nope....nada. I have try outs for the roller dolls next week and I know once I start doing that I will get back on the losing side again with all the work outs they do. But in the meantime.....grrrrrr!!

kim.... yay for the Gap outfit!! I am sitting here in my Old Navy jeans and loving every second of it!

marz.... get yourself a new outfit girl! You deserve it! Congrats on onederland!

Peace.

Yay Marz and Kim! I am so proud of you both. Kim - it's funny you mention GAP. I had forgotten how much I loved their clothes. I bought some boyfriend jeans last weekend and LOVE them! I can relate about being stuck at weight. I've been bouncing between 178-179 for about 3 weeks now. GRR! I am ready to get the scale moving again and see 175. I have been working out a lot this week too. It's also my TOM. I started last Thursday and still having it. My TOM has been really whacky since losing weight. I hope that is part of the weightloss stall.

Hey girls! Thanks!

Alicia - I know what you mean about the TOM, mine have been nuts!

I have had two in one month a couple of times since being banded! I'm sure you will drop weight when you are done with TOM, you have to be retaining Fluid. Men are sooo lucky that they don't have to deal with this!

Seems like we've all been hitting plateaus.. and it sucks! I've cranked my Water back up to at least 100 oz. a day and am trying to watch my carbs and fat. How many calories are you guys averaging? I'm trying to stay around 1200-1300 but seem to be getting "the munchies".

Drews - all that working out is turning fat to muscle... you'll see and increase in inches lost. Have you measured yourself? Keep up the great work!

Kim - wow 100 oz of Water. I am impressed. I am trying to get back up to 64 oz. I am close but usually fall short a bit. Maybe that is my problem. I use spark people to track my calories and generally average the same 1200-1300. Occasionally I may only have 1000 or up to 1500 but usually pretty consistent. I am trying to be more aware of carbs and fat. I have been making sure to buy reduced fat things now. Carbs is something I have recently been thinking about. I may even try to limit them (not Atkins style though). I know Neal watches his carbs...anyone else a low carber?

Thanks everyone! I DID go buy a new outfit! I love red, white, and blue so I got an awesome nautical sweater with those colors and a red t-shirt. I also bought a blue, waffle weave hoodie that I have been eyeing for almost a month, lucky it was still there. My next purchase will be a new ring, yes, a ring. My fingers didn't change sizes as I grew in weight. I have always worn a size 7 1/2 ring, even when I was in highschool and weighed 150 lbs, I wore the same size ring. But for some reason, they are falling off me now, go figure. Anyway, my husband heard me telling my best friend that I had made this goal and he didn't say a word when I came home with a bag of clothes from my favorite store(it just happens to be where I work also). I asked if he wanted to see what I had bought and he enthusiasticly said sure. Now if that isn't a first!

Kim-your outfit is great! With any luck, someday I'll fill the closet my oldest daughter just cleaned out as she moved out last weekend. I have never bought a thing at the Gap. Mostly because there isn't one around here.

I try to stay in the 1200 calorie range but I know that over the holidays it was more. I tried the low carb thing and after a week I was a ravaging Pasta eater! All I wanted was an Italian buffet with nothing but carbs! Can you all say, VALENTINO'S? That was not good. I decided that a body really does need the carbs or else it wouldn't crave them in such a way after having been deprived of them. I drink at least 64oz of Water plus a few more with my daily cappuccino(made at home because I'm too cheap to give Starbucks $4 a day when I can make it for 50 cents! But I do splurge there once in a while) and iced tea. A hundred is probably a bit too much for me, I wouldn't have a regular BM if I drank that much liquid! But if you are taking an Iron suppliment, that much might be a good thing.

Have a great weekend everyone!