Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~January Chat!

Happy 2007!

Congrats, Alicia, Drew and OU for your great losses!

I'm stuck at 201.....why can't I lose that last two lbs to get to Onederland???????? I was hoping so much that I could be at 199 on New Years, but it just didn't happen.:phanvan

My mom told me to quit worrying, that it makes it harder to lose when you worry about it. And she's right! She told me to concentrate on the 70 I've loss and not stress about 2 silly lbs.

And of course again, mom is always right.:)

So I'm going back, doing the stuff that I know will get me to my goal and perhaps I shouldn't weigh myself every morning.

We'll see...........

Marci - I think your mom is right. I notice I lose less when I stress about it. You will be in Onderland soon I am sure!

Neal - I had to call my surgeon to get my pre-band stats. If they measured you before surgery I bet they will have them in your chart.

Drew, thanks for starting the new thread. You look great in your pic. congratulations.

I love old navy clothes, I can't wait to shop there.

I am still in plus sizes at the moment. Can't wait for the day I can buy..."off the rack".

Neal...Go stars!!!! I love the Stars. I haven't been to any games this season but I have been to several in the past.

Alicia and Kim

It was very cool to see your progress in inches. The numbers are amazing.

My surgeon didn't measure pre-op. I am wishing I had.

I think I will start from now.....lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Thanks Missy!

I've had a frustrating last few days.. been battling a Urinary Tract Infection... I noticed that I hadn't been running to the bathroom as much with all that Water I'm drinking... I think its getting better now though... I gained a couple of pounds back that I'm hoping is Fluid retention. I didn't really realize what was going on until Saturday.. When I worked out on Thursday and Saturday I was sweating like nobody's business! That's when I put it all together....

Alicia... Cool picks! Keep up the good work!

Have a great week everyone!

I had a NSV this weekend that made me pretty happy. I went to a consignment store to check on some stuff we had for sale and decided to look at the clothes. I found a pair of size 14 levis that I liked but knew they wouldn't fit......yet. But I bought them anyway since the price was right. Then I looked at the 16's and found a pair of tan jeans that I liked and they were only 4 bucks, so I thought, what the heck......if they don't fit, they will in a while.

So I took them home and put them on. I didn't have to lay down to zip them, I could breath, move, talk.......everything you should be able to do in jeans!!!!! They are a bit tighter than the jeans I've been wearing lately, but they fit! Yeah me! Size 10, here I come!

I have now been smoke free for a week! Ugh... but I don't want to discuss the scale. Maybe next week?? LOL.

I have officially decided to try out for roller derby! More on that later....

Peace.

DrewsLou I am cheering for you, good luck in your effort to quit. I know how hard it is!!!

Go DL!!!!!

I smoked for about 25 years, I was hard core, got up to 2 packs a day. I started trying to quit, it literally took me 5 years but I finally did it!!!

Next month (Feb) will be 6 years smoke free.

Hey everyone! Happy New Year! Marci, I feel your pain about not being in Onederland yet, I have struggled all December and am still at 203. Aaarghh! I hadn't walked in over 3 weeks because of the snow we received and I walk outside which made the streets slick and people are stupid and don't shovel the snow off their sidewalks (even if it is the law in our community, they don't enforce it). I tried walking at the mall but I work there and can't bare to stay there and exercise. So last night, I realized the high school, which is only a few blocks away has perfectly cleared sidewalks :) So I walked and wow did I feel good! I can only hope this is a new start for me and will pull me out of my slump.

The pics of everyone in baggy pants is so awesome! I just haven't lost enough on my bottom half to really show. My pants are still a 22 and have been for months. No matter what, you are all doing great. So here's to 2007 and baggy pants, cleaner closets, more seat room, thinner arms, more racks to shop from, more energy, new interests, no more cigarettes (keep at it Drewslou!) and healthier us!

Kim - I am sorry to hear about the UTI. Those are horrible. I get them a lot.

Duckie - Great NSV! Keep up the good work!

Drews - I am so proud of you not smoking! I can't wait to see how roller derby tryouts go!

Missy - congrats on being ciggy free for so long!

Marz - I am in a exercise slump too. We can do it!

I'm a little concerned about meeting my goal for Monday. I have 4.6 lbs to go...Hmm..depending on my results, I may have to adjust my V-Day goal to 170 instead of 167ish.